Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Corrosion Proc (Status Effect) Change Idea

Artekkor

Ok, first of all i wanted to say that corrosion proc right now is kinda... Meh.

For who don't know: it permanently reduces target's armor by 25%, and it can stack reducing armor by 25% of it's current state every time it procs.

My problem with it: it's only usable against very high-level enemies, the ones that need 10 seconds of stable fire to be killed. Tus This proc has no good use against enemies that die in a matter of 2-3 seconds of fire.

My idea:

Complete armor elemination for brief period time. Like for 2-4 seconds.

Not only this is a lot more... reliable, but also creates space for

one nice trick: proc corrosion on Heavy Gunner / Bombatd / Napalm, quickly swap to other weapon with high slash / fire / viral damage types, finish enemy off with them.

Probably sounds a little bit OP, i know... But current state of corrosion proc is... I just don't feel like it's doing something, enemy just turns green and starts to take slightly more damage then before, i hardly see any difference. And then he just dies, because it wasnt a level 70 heavy gunner from Void Survival.

Thoughts?

I honestly think it's good where it's at. Not too overpowered, not too underwhelming either.

Otherwise you'd have people running around all day wanting to buff the enemies, which we all know how THAT turned out.

Probably sounds a little bit OP, i know... 

More like extremely OP. This would trivialize content like there's no tomorrow. I honestly don't see a need for revamping Corrosive in the first place, because as it is right now, it's still barely balanced in certain circumstances.