The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Much Wow: Hosting Void Key Makes You God

(PSN)JiggaJazz

I am sick and tired of the host of void keys just DCing after 35 minutes and making me waste my time

Inb4 warframe wastes time

Literally the only thing that makes me play the star chart is I can play grineer and corpus endless and HAVE A CHANCE to not get screwed because its not a key being hosted

If you disagree then please state why the host of a void key should be able to simply turn his/her system off simply in order to prevent the squad from getting all rewards.

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

salt?

I mean you couldve called it salt a year ago

Now its just annoying.. So you disagree?

Do you believe that host of void key should be able to DC after any length of time and completely screw the squad?

By DC I mean the host turns his system off on purpose just to make the squad lose everything

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

look in the nicest possible way I'm sure it happens occasionally but that person is robbing themselves as well as you. This game is notoriously glitchy so could it be its just dc you all?

I'm aware that they robbed themselves as well but it was not an accidental DC, he purposely turned his system off out of anger because nobody hit life support

All DE has to do is allow host migration even when the host of the void key leaves

Until they do this the host of the void key can ruin the squad whenever they want

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

I am sick and tired of the host of void keys just DCing after 35 minutes and making me waste my time

Inb4 warframe wastes time

Literally the only thing that makes me play the star chart is I can play grineer and corpus endless and HAVE A CHANCE to not get screwed because its not a key being hosted

If you disagree then please state why the host of a void key should be able to simply turn his/her system off simply in order to prevent the squad from getting all rewards.

Why don't you host the keys so no one can dc.

Yeah I had a pretty unlucky streak trying to get a specific part and just getting dumped out after 30+ minutes of an endless mode. Hasn't happened recently but I think it really turned me off endless modes in the void so I just don't play them as much. I was honestly surprised when I first started playing WF and I realised it had hosts and migration and all that rubbish. I can't remember the last PC game I played with that. And it almost seems insane to use it in such a grind focused game with endless modes where you can lose everything. But oh well, thats the set up. Just gotta deal with it. 

I do? I've had plenty stocked up courtesy of the rep exploit when it was first released

You can't be serious..

Is that your way to solve it? Lol

Well if you don't want to Dc don't join pubs and host your own keys pretty simple.

So you don't think the void migration should work the same as the rest of the game?

Please explain to me why you believe this

I don't join pubs so doesn't bother me but untill De fix the problem your having i would say just host your keys to be safe rather than dc at say 39mins

So your idea of solving the problem is to avoid the problem rather than to solve it..

Okay

I think he's suggesting an alternative until DE fixes the problem.

I agree that Host migrations in void should function similarly to rest of the game.

I think he's suggesting an alternative until DE fixes the problem.

I agree that Host migrations in void should function similarly to rest of the game.

I thought there was some exploit long ago that if the host quit they kept the key but the mission kept going? that or its just buggy

You know what a wonderful solution to this problem is? Don't play with randoms on things you intend on staying for a while on. Clans are a wonderful way to find non-random players and play with people who wont do that. I'd offer for you to join mine, but I'm on PC.

So you don't think the void migration should work the same as the rest of the game?

Please explain to me why you believe this

Usually keys are used up at the end of the mission which is why it all really depends on the host. It it just migrates then people will just exploit this and essentially have "infinite" void access which would defeat the purpose of the keys.

It'll also open exploits in being able to open multiple sessions of that one void run as in one of the members can deliberately disconnect their internet and turn it back on so they are moved to their own session and invite their own friends etc.

So that is why there should be no migration for Voids to easy to exploit.

Usually keys are used up at the end of the mission which is why it all really depends on the host. It it just migrates then people will just exploit this and essentially have "infinite" void access which would defeat the purpose of the keys.

It'll also open exploits in being able to open multiple sessions of that one void run as in one of the members can deliberately disconnect their internet and turn it back on so they are moved to their own session and invite their own friends etc.

So that is why there should be no migration for Voids to easy to exploit.

^

Pretty much what I was going to say as well. People were exploiting this. What we have now is the current solution to combat that, which unfortunately affects people who lose everything when a legit disconnect happens.

Only suggestion I can come up with is:

Everybody must have the same void key in their possession as well. If you don't have it, you can't be invited.

The host disconnects, another player becomes host and at the end of their mission, the new host key gets used. If the original host comes back, they remain a client player but their key gets consumed instead of the new host player. 

If no disconnect happen at all, only the host player's key is consumed and the other players keep their key.

The problem here is of course that taking void missions and finding players becomes very difficult due to the key requirement for all players.

But is this actually worse than risk losing everything after going very long sessions in survival/defense/interception?

Reality is, things like this happen in all online games.  Leave it to the exploiter jerks to force devs to implement anti-exploit measures which makes their game less enjoyable.

I remember in doing a T4 defense and we were going to keep going on wave 20 but .01 seconds before the game started he chose to exit and we lost everything. I was pretty mad cause we had good stuff.