Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hotfix 16.5.9

[DE]Rebecca

Huge shader memory optimization (DirectX 11 sees reductions up to 500MB!). This is intended to solve rampant out-of-memory errors for 32bit Windows, especially when entering large levels and relays. Memory reduction has also improved load times for all platforms.

MARKED improvement in loading behavior. Game used to hitch several times even after getting into game as things loaded. Now it doesn't: load, spawn, smooth sailing right from the start.

Man....WF is gonna run like a beast once DX12 hits this game....you better prepare some PCgamingmasterrace graphics buffs soon....now that you optimized the hell out of it for consoles and lower end PCs :]

Several dozen megabytes of updates for a 4-point list?

Unless there's some heavy DLL you're replacing there, I feel this list is far from conclusive. :P

Didn't you read? They did some heavy optimization work....of course it's a one liner in patchnotes...but it's likely big changes in their client.

Changes

-Huge shader memory optimization (DirectX 11 sees reductions up to 500MB!). This is intended to solve rampant out-of-memory errors for 32bit Windows, especially when entering large levels and relays. Memory reduction has also improved load times for all platforms.

So, this helps if I use DirectX 9 on a Windows 8.1 64 bits? (I have the DirectX 10 and 11 off so I think I'm using DX9) 

Cant login, says my correct info is "invalid"

Same. It takes me 10 or more tries to log in. When I do log in, chat doesn't work and I have to try a while before I can create a session. Nice Hotfix. It broke more stuff. I remember now why I left a year ago...