Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Electric Shield Doesn't Seem To Be Blocking All Projectiles Anymore.

Aumaan

I've encountered this before but today is the first time I thought to take pictures (I don't have an video capture software so not gifs).  Volt's Electric shield doesn't seem to block all projectiles even while behind it. This was against Grineer.

v4ipmi4.jpg

Zyth3Rz.jpg

evRHbcy.jpg

Now, to preempt any questions, there are no enemies behind me, I checked this multiple times. All the enemies were in front of me, quite a few meters away.  You can actually see the shield impact damage animation in the first and third pictures.  My shields were higher in the second picture because of my Kubrow.  And the fact that I was actually taking shield damage means I wasn't confusing this for the bleed proc that I had. There were no bombards on the map and the damage was in small, rapid increments, nothing like what a grenade would do. I also never moved from my position. 

From my experience, the area covered by the shield is not represented acurately visually. In my mind it rather looks like to a flat wall than a curved one: What happens to you also happened to me on some occasions.

When that occurs I usually take a tiny step back and I'm covered by the shield alright. I just discarded this discrepancy as one of the few quirks of being a Volt user and never gave it a second thought.

Apparently Volt's shield is just straight up broken in nearly every conceivable way. I've had projectiles blatantly not becoming hitscan when fired through it (Dera wasn't even affected, apparently), Atomos 'delaying' out for a second before damage kicking in, no visible damage increase.