Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Carrier Bug Megathread [Investigating]

ACorpse

So this seems to be getting worse and worse for me. It has gotten to the stage now where half the time Carrier with Vacuum as first precept simply doesn't suck. At all. Oh I get the "pile of loot on your head" thing occasionally, but far more often it simply flat out refuses to do anything.

EG here, definitely not on full health, but it wasn't bringing health orbs to me.

XihhPK5.jpg

Halp plox DE.

-----------

**Note from [DE]Danielle: Posted an update on the Carrier bugs, click here to get in the know! 

Edited by [DE]Danielle

Do you have it set as the first mod in the sentinel's abilities? If not, then it tends to not work as often. Though I agree, sometimes Vacuum doesn't always work as intended.   

Yep, first precept.

The mod is still a bit buggy. From what I know you have to be on the same verticle level as the items. In the picture you are standing the next level above them, so they won't get sucked in.

Cold hard cash on the floor, same level as me, no lag to speak of (host and I are on the same ISP, usually with a 40-ish ping). Vacuum still derping out half the time.

ocEX2k7.jpg

I dunno why, but it seems like Archwing's innate vacuum ability is ten times more effective then its original counterpart. Even when Striker is replaced with Coolant Leak, Vacuum still only works when it wants to. Kinda like the Kubrow; only attacking when it wants to, otherwise it just stands there while I'm fighting for my life.

• 2 weeks later...

The mod is still a bit buggy.

Except there is no "still" involved with this since it used to work perfectly.

After DE screwed with it on the basis of supposed nerf, it basically imploded and became the bugous crap it is today.

Its one of those things that never required any modifications to begin with, but DE "fixed" it for us.

I've had this slight issue during a T3 survival where pickups from my Carrier sentinel didn't register pickups such as life support drops, resources, credits, etc. and carried them around me in a large clump of stuff that dropped my frame rate.

2mFAISN.jpg

This bug is caused by connection latency or lag. The more loot there is on the ground, the more likely it is to happen. The work around is this:

Try doing a slide melee attack. Don't know why, but that fixes it for me most times.

I have never had this happen when playing solo or hosting.

• 2 weeks later...

I've found I get the pile over my head just as often than it not sucking. It is worse, because when I get the pile over my head, nothing is picked up by either the warframe itself or carrier. I literally have energy orbs floating over me not replenishing my energy because it bugged, forcing me to drop energy restores. I have to let the enemy kill me so it kind of resets, because even falling of the map just restores carrier to its bugged state. It's like the two go hand in hand. For example, if i use greedy pull with mag, all the stuff surrounds me and is not picked up unless I get away from it, then carrier sucks it up. But it has gotten to the point that it's like a 50/50 that it either vacuums correctly after gettting away and coming close to it (defeating the first bug), or bugs and leaves stuff floating over me without accepting them.

Still can't understand how both of these bugs have kept rolling for so long.

Edited by nms64

Were you the host, on all these pictures?

The problem is, as later pointed out, something that is seen in Solo mode as well.

However not being host of a mission greatly enhances the sheer uselessness of the Vacuum mod. If you have a poor connection to the host, you can usually pick up drops (by walking over them) from over a dozen enemies in the time it would take the Carrier to realise there was even a single drop within range.

It's a bit sad, that something so looked forward to by many, ended up being something so ... close to worthless.

I try to always take a Carrier with me to void missions, as items often are able to be found behind "trap" walls that chance doesn't open... but it still is a sad thing to see it ignore items.

I must also agree with Rage_Face who mentioned that Archwing's version of the Vacuum works so much incredibly better that I would probably need to see proof before believing they even shared any relevant code.