The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

But What The Heck Has Happened To The Market?

Marco98Pro

DE's financial officers will

also, what the hell is your job. how are you 37 and have time to farm xini for 10 hours. ...I want a job like that.......

...believe it or not, fun is subjective. amazing fact of life, I know

Says the guy that just said "there's more to fun than being effective". k bro

Man, if the game was like this when I started, I sure as hell wouldn't play the game anymore. Sure, it might not be anything if you've been playing the game for a while, but its like a kick in the face and crotch for new players. Having to wait 12 hours for a sub-par rifle? As if.

I honestly think they would get more people paying real dosh for things if everything was generally cheaper. What's better: one person spending $100, or 100 people spending like $3 to get a weapon they like, or $7 for a frame they like?

..........I don't think you understand what the word subjective means....

I know exactly what it means. You were just stating, like a fact, that there was more to *being* fun than being effective. If your definition of fun is being more than being effective, that was also being subjective. Don't call me out on something when you yourself just did.

Edited by DaClamps

I figured DE would want people to easily fill up those starter weapon slots so that they would plat more. That's what finally spurred me into dropping cash on this game.

The way the market is now, each new weapon acquisition is going to be a very slow and tedious process. It'll be ages before a new player actually needs more weapon slots. Assuming they don't just drop the game due to getting incredibly bored of farming Venus with a braton.

I know exactly what it means. You were just stating, like a fact, that there was more to fun than being effective. If your definition of fun is being more than being effective, that was also being subjective. Don't call me out on something when you yourself just did.

..."more to fun than being effective" = "fun is being more than being effective"? ...wut

you might wanna see someone about that dyslexia

As a seasoned player the market change doesn't effect me too much, because I have a good idea which weapons are good, and which aren't as good, and have access to all maps/missions.

What most of us here is saying is that we are concern for the new players, not ourselves. Alloy Plate is a pretty difficult resource to find especially for a new player. I think the alloy plate cost should be replace with a more common resource, but for only the former credit purchasable weapons like Burston. 

Can't recall my Necro had every item in his inventory available as soon as i hit max lvl. I had to grind them out or trade them.... Which was achieved in several months.

But you did start with a necromancer right? you didnt need to pick sorceror or barbarian and grind 50 hrs to start your class did you? In a dungeon crawler you pick a class and you grind it out to end game. if you hate your class you can go make a new one and start over. So what happens if there is only 2 classes and you need to play 24 hrs to grind another one?  You could tell me that its not that much game time but its a day of your life, and you only get so many of those. Then you find out the frame you unlocked sucks (rhino) and you gotta unlock 2 more systems and then grind the boss for another day..... lovely...

Im all for hard work but if you hate your hero for the first 100 hrs of play its not a good game anymore. Before the weapons were easily acessable which would make an excalibur grind bareable for someone who had little patience for the suit because the weapons make up half of the feel. Now? 

Reasonable? Lol no. You are already so far in the game credits are easier. I have 2 accounts. This one and a F2P one to get a feel of both sides. I reset both and let me tell you this new market of very high and no access to newer weapons is &!$$ing me off.

Im curious if this is said with the "lingering" memory of what you had or from a "truly" neutral pov ?

Strangely/funnily enough, ive had the opposite feedback from a couple of mates that just started playing. And no, i havnt played a single game with them.

Man, if the game was like this when I started, I sure as hell wouldn't play the game anymore. Sure, it might not be anything if you've been playing the game for a while, but its like a kick in the face and crotch for new players. Having to wait 12 hours for a sub-par rifle? As if.

Did you just complain about the time of crafting on items? .. because if you did, i have no idea where you have spent your time in-game, that time hasnt changed at all.

My stance is (still): The prices as they are now are not bad at all.

Why should people invest in platinum or try for alert potatoes if they can VERY easily obtain a new "toy" ?

For those wanting higher droprates etc on alloy plates, try and play each mission in venus just once, go through all the lockers, there is a very good chance that you will have 350-500 alloy. (there are 12 missions there, 12-50alloy per mission) ....

Im curious if this is said with the "lingering" memory of what you had or from a "truly" neutral pov ?

Strangely/funnily enough, ive had the opposite feedback from a couple of mates that just started playing. And no, i havnt played a single game with them.

Did you just complain about the time of crafting on items? .. because if you did, i have no idea where you have spent your time in-game, that time hasnt changed at all.

My stance is (still): The prices as they are now are not bad at all.

Why should people invest in platinum or try for alert potatoes if they can VERY easily obtain a new "toy" ?

For those wanting higher droprates etc on alloy plates, try and play each mission in venus just once, go through all the lockers, there is a very good chance that you will have 350-500 alloy. (there are 12 missions there, 12-50alloy per mission) ....

Not sure if new players can tank the mobs or even have enough damage. Lets not forget a braton without serration or those rare mods. Don't seems to deal much dmg. 

Another person saying something without making a brand new account first and trying it out. TRY IT YOURSELF BEFORE YOU SAY IT'S FINE!

In case you weren't previously aware - Forum accounts are not actually made the same time your actual account is, it is made when you visit first. Just because it is his first time on the forums doesn't really have to mean anything. He could be a sock puppet account, he could just as easily not be a sock puppet account.

Not sure if new players can tank the mobs or even have enough damage. Lets not forget a braton without serration or those rare mods. Don't seems to deal much dmg. 

Venus is very much doable, jackal might (most likely will) curbstomp them rather efficiently.

But it is very much doable.

I dont understand why people are acting so entitled over DE fixing the bugs (missions that dropped massive amounts of X material).

Everyone playing the game agreed to a document that tells you that there will be changes.

I just dont understand the logic behind "it"

Naed I believe the outrage is over the fact that alloy is extremely hard to obtain, yet is used for practically everything

The "problem" with that outrage is that it is 100% bollocks

Yes, people cant farm it from broken missions anymore, yes i can easily understand how the players that exploited that, are feeling mad about it that being fixed. Because its not like those same players agreed to post bugs or anything.....

The "problem" with that outrage is that it is 100% bollocks

Yes, people cant farm it from broken missions anymore, yes i can easily understand how the players that exploited that, are feeling mad about it that being fixed. Because its not like those same players agreed to post bugs or anything.....

I didn't know a mission was broken to S#&$ out alloy plates like it was on a 30 day Taco Bell n' Gorgons bender, and I'm still annoyed at how many things need how many alloy plates. It's tough to farm in general, things need ludicrous amounts of it, and EVERYTHING needs it. It seems really weird/like bad planning if all items need the same materials, making that one a very obvious bottleneck.