Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #53

[DE]Rebecca

Bird 4 pet? (EDIT, no, para carrier doesn't count. Yes, it's lovable, but it's not draining my bank with them detoxifying things)

Vauban for prez 2016?

Can you please tell me if warframe uses an addictive chemical that draws every fiber of my being to it?

You don't have to answer the second one if you don't want to. But I think he'd be better than most of those other goofballs.

Edited by Blazing_Falcons

Tell us about stamina 2.0

Stamina is a fundamental mechanic attached to the core of the gameplay, don't believe its an issue to be left as a surprise, or unknown until its 2.0 iteration is implemented.

Back in 2013 when a first attempt to change it append, allot of displease was voiced by the community.

Nowadays we only know that "stamina will matter", and its important to know how will it matter, and if it should matter at all.

Hello DE i have an important question regarding the new starchart:

On previous devstreams you said that the new starchart will condensate the +300 nodes the current SC has, into around 20 nodes so:

Q: What will happen with the Mastery points gained by clearing nodes?

Right now with the +300 nodes thats around +15,000 mastery points

-Will the players who already cleared the starchart retain those mastery points?

-What will happen to the new players? will those mastery points become "exclusive" ??

-Will the new starchart award additional mastery points?

Thank you!

Question: I'm a primarily solo warframe player and thus its pretty difficult for me to get people together to do the trials, making it so I must get my all my arcanes from trading. Due to the cooperative nature of the current ones I know its out of the question to make them viable for solo players, so I wonder if you would ever consider making something like a solo trial, kinda like the mastery tests? Sorry for the long question and thanks for being awesome ;)

Are there any plans for implementation of Melee with Gunplay (such as Quick Melee being able to perform Stancee combos that aren't just the first one)?

Or maybe even further than just Quick Melee doing combos, like a full action gun to blade instant switch?

Q: Snipers, Shotguns, and LMG's (Gorgon, Supra, and Glaxion) still have the short end of the stick; How do you intend to buff these weapon types which are severely underwhelming when you take into account the modding system and the types of enemies we encounter?

Honestly, it's really disheartening knowing that my Lanka is severely under-powered and yet Tenno that are using caster 'frames with maxed out energy efficiency and power strength can nuke the entire map with less effort and no repercussions. As such, I'd really appreciate not just hearing what you intend to buff, but how you intend to do it.

Q: Stalker rework; any updates or thoughts yet? I keep riding this question, but honestly I just really want to see Stalker get a proper rework, as he is easily one of the most wasted bits of potential in the game right now, so getting him an actual place in Warframe would be awesome.

Q: Anything to tease about the Sentients? My intrigue for them has not ended, so anything new on them to share or hint at?

Q: Any information about the next Warframe aside from its theme?

Q: J3-Golem, anything new as of yet?

Q: Any plans for a solo-oriented 'Trial' mode? Usually, Warframe presents multiple paths by which to acquire something based upon individual Tenno's play-styles, but the Trial does not have an alternative for Tenno who do not wish to share the battlefield. Can we perchance get a Solo-Trial, that you could only play solo for similar rewards, but behind similar challenge?

If not, then take this as a suggestion, as presently I have no desire to play the Trial related content.

Q: The Star-Chart; I know nothing is concrete at this point, but has there been any particular developments on that front? Last Devstream saw a massive influx of feedback, both constructive and not, so it'd be nice to know if the plan has changed in accordance to that feedback or not.

Q: Any chance for some more exotic weapon types? Currently, the Infestation weapon roster is extremely lacking, and weapon mechanics like enemy-seeking, life-steal, proximity targeting, enemy ricochet, super-combining damage/effects, shock-waves, sapping effects, and other exotic effects are pretty much nonexistent in Warframe weapons.

Edited by Krion112

Q1. Will the new pets have the same drop source of the kubrows if so.....can you atleast increase the drop rate a little bit (XD)

Q2. There are rumors of the Yin Yang frame that they can switch Gender that depends on which part of the color of the yin yang is it true or hoax

Q3. When will ever see the sharkwing its animation or looks?

Q4. After the rework of Excalibro's abilities, will you ever do another possible ability rework of other frames (like you mentioned ages ago: Frost / [p])

Q5. If the rework of Stalker is in progress will his spawning rate change or same as it is?

(optional)Q6. Will we ever see Season 3 helmets of other warframes if so, will it be landing on U17 or very near?

and Thank you DE for making this game I love it, the fans love it, the haters keeps talking about it (XD), and as always Keep up the good work
ash prime.......

Edited by InfamousDerp

Something I would absolutely adore to see would be civilian cities, like a grineer city for civilians, Corpus city for civilians, colonies. In short, places with people NOT armed to the teeth for once. Has this been discussed at all, and is it a possibility that we can see this in the future, around update 1337?

Q1: will stance combos ever be streamlined? what I mean by this is that they feel way too clunky and forced. there are a few that are streamlined like the brawling stances but others just... well feel forced and it's more like an animation than an attack.

Q2: will we ever get lock-on's for combo's? a lot of players just disable melee lock-on due to being killed by an enemy briskly walking the opposite direction, however because of this any combos they use don't lock and they have to manually aim them... which usually ends in a miss or in the case of valkyr gets locked in a weird animation lock forcing you to dis-engage and attack normally to do ANY damage due to not being able to turn at all...

Q3: the past few devstreams you've talked about an update to the quest system so you can crank them out faster. care to go into detail about this? im curious -_-

Edited by McDuffMan

Q: Are there going to be new types of Archwing missions? if so what are they going to be like

Q: Are we ever going to use the Archwing as an evacuation device ,like the Archwing tutorial mission, during invasion, crossfires or any other mission type?

Will we ever get to see unique themed tilesets that arent made around a specific faction? While it's

nice to see more locations get added such as earths jungle or the new underwater tileset It gets really

repetative seeing the same old grineer/corpus designs over and over, Would you ever consider making a 

tileset that is solely based around a perticular inviroment rather then an inviroment completely invaded by

corpus/grineer/infested buildings?

Can we push the max ammount of Cosmetic saves from 3 to something like 20? With all of the added colors

and customization options it's dissapointing that we can only save three of them, Do you think we will be

able to have extra save options for our cosmetic loadouts in the future? 

Will the Orbiter compartment be expanded more in the future? It would be awesome to explore and customize

more rooms in the orbiter to make it feel more like a base of operations. 

Something like the Normandy SR2 from Mass effect 2

09FokK9.jpg

Any news on the progress of Melee 2.5? Aka: Charge attacks? Are there also any ways it will impact the

new Parkour 2.0? Will we be able to charge attack off of walls?

Can we see more Mesh-changed skins like the manticore or brokk skin? Most of the added skins 

are just retextures and it would be nice to see more uniquely styled weapon skins.

Will we see more of the Dialog options used ingame similar to the ones you use to talk to Cephalon Simaris?

This would be great for side-missions from NPCs in the relays or choosing sides in conflicts.

Q: Do you guys have any concept for the rework on some bosses like ambulas and raptor?
Q: How will resources be balanced for the new starchart?
Q: Will the J3 golem trial be released with it's nightmare mode? Or will it only be in 17.5?

My questions:

- A long time ago, when Wyrm and Shade were the only Sentinels, there was mention ( during Devstreams ) of Sentinels possibly hacking things for us. Has this been abandoned, forgotten, or just a low priority?

- Why do we give samples of Orokin technology ( Forma, Potatoes, Prime parts ) to Syndicates/Baro Ki'Teer? How does this maintain the Balance?

Please give me a lore-related reason to do this, even if only a little ingame queue of the Lotus giving me the OK to help out these Syndicates and/or Baro Ki'Teer.

Q:  Daikyu bow. Are there any changes and fixes planned for it? Will you make a poll about these changes to let the players decide?

Q: Status chance over 100%. Will we ever see it and what kind of mechanics do you intend to apply?

ETA on Excalibro?

Archwing, Archwing, Archwing.
Rebecca and the team can always get Archwing Questions from me!

Quality of life: When can we expect Archguns and Archwings to be added to the market that only need materials to construct?

Quality of life: Any thought to separating stamina required for thrusters and stamina required for Arch-Melee?

Quality of life: Is it possible to show when you are locked-on by enemy missles and attacks, so you know when you should be using defensive abilities.

When can we expect Formorian Sabotoge to be added to the starmap? My Distruptors are waiting to be used again!

So to wrap up; Separating Arch-sprint stamina from Arch-Melee Stamina, Archwings and weapons needing only materials found in the game, enemy lock-on HUD feedback, and Formorian Sabotoge when?

Also: Space Parkour?

Hey DE Devs!!  :-)

A couple of Q's!!!!  

-Geoff:  How many times have you accidentally stuck a Skana through the roof of the DE building?  Perhaps in the Mocap / Vomocap room showing off those epic ninja skills!?  (Totally kidding)  -- You rock!  

Ok, in all seriousness a couple of Q's / Feedback below:

-In all seriousness, I'd love to see more behind the scenes videos of you guys at 5 am EDT during a major update, or even a .5 update!  I miss those!  There is alot of insight to what's going on for the community and it gives a good sense of the general epic-ness of DE!

Questions:

-Geoff:  (Serious Question this time):  It has been a few streams since we heard anything about the possible re-implementation of "charge attacks" for melee weapons.  I was wondering if you all are still planning to re-implement the charge attacks at some point, and if so, I was wondering if the team had come up with any solutions / epic functionality regarding mixing those with the "hold E" inputs on certain Stance mods for some of the combos!   

-Steve:  I know you all have been working extremely hard on the optimizations / multithreading to make Console & PC performance better.  I can see quite a drastic difference in the PC version since the 16.5 update.  I can also, to be honest, see a very big improvement on PS4 since 16.3 (our last update, and I'm actually surprised that raids didn't make it, because I rarely have FPS dips as it is on PS4.)

WIth that said, I am very curious to hear any detail you would be willing to share about how / if the optimization process differs from Console to PC.  

-Scott:  Anything to share at all about new balance tweaks of any kind?  (Sorry for such a broad question!).  

I am interested to hear anything you would be willing to share about the following:  New gun?  New Frame in the works?  Gun nerfs/buffs?  Older Frame reworks?  Enemy Buffs/Nerfs? Augments? 

Also, how is the diminishing returns system on bosses coming?  Do you all think this will be something you continue to improve upon, or will you scrap it and try something else?

-Sheldon:  Just when you thought you were safe!!!!!  :-)

Any RNG tweaks/changes that you have been working on / willing to share at the moment regarding prime drops / Baro Ki'teer etc...?  

What about the new Kubrow type?  Any more Detail you can give us on that other than it being a "retriever" of sorts?  

Anything else that you've been working on, care to share about?

Thank you again guys! (including the people not sitting in front of the camera) for all of your hard work, to continue to improve Warframe into the epic ball of "everything I love about every video game compiled into one big giant ball of awesomesauce"!!!!! :-)

Sincerely,

-Crackle2012 / Ryan

Join us this Friday, May 29 for Devstream #53 where we take a look at some new content + talk about the ambitions for our next Major Update! From Excalibur rework to new pets, we've got lots to share!

Who: Scott, Sheldon, Geoff, Steve & Rebecca take their seats on the couch to discuss Warframe!

What: We'll also be doing a Q&A period with questions from our community!

What Prizes? Why yes, we will be giving away 3 x 1000 Platinum Prizes!

Where: Find us at: twitch.tv/Warframe

When: Join us Friday, May 29 at 2 p.m. EDT! Time Zone Converter: http://www.worldtimebuddy.com/

This thread closes at 10 a.m. on May 29. Get your questions in!  

General Note: The candid nature of devstream leads to a lot of speculation. A particularly hot item is the plans for the Star Chart. Please note that until we have concrete items to show, we won't have too much to discuss this stream. We will address the topic broadly but have no specifics this week.

When are they bringing back the solor rails.. forget everything else.

There have been a lot of loading errors, server fixes, and just all around a lot of issues lately. More than i am used to.

Will the big hyped update have some fixes in it as well?

I also remember from a previous dev stream that you won't spoil the next prime warframe, but perhaps a teaser of something to look forward to?

And my last question, Fusion core farming is a bore right now, low chances and takes forever not to mention you need a decent party to do it which is not always viable. Could something be done to this to make farming less of an issue in warframe and have this more about the whole space ninja assassin mercenary with conflict all around us?

It's great that we're going to have more pets, but are we ever going to expand beyond Kubrows and Sentinels? Like other types of creatures or perhaps our own proxies?

With the current focus on updating Excalibur, will the Prime variant receive it's PBR update soon?

Some melee weapons like the Nikanas and Claws have more stances available than the weapon types, will we be seeing more of these weapons types?

Speaking of melee weapon types, Machetes have been largerly considered underwhelming both statistically and stance-wise (literally having only 1 stance), could there perhaps be a buff for these to put them in line with the rest of the melee types?

Edited by RahuStalker