Abilites Using Critical Hits

The abilities are being slowly fixing with their only small damage dealing, they get augment mods which gives something more than just a small damage.

On higher level missions the abilities deals small amount of damage. Our shoting weapons deals a lot more, so many of them are jsut waste of energy.

It would be nice if abiliteis could deal critical strikes, but not as a RNG a % chance to deal critical damage.
Critical strikes will be as a cooldowns.

Explanation.
Each ability have its own cooldown time.
Using the ability with loaded cooldown will deal Critical strike to enemies.
You can use your ability more than once as it is now, spamming etc.
Spamming abilities will cause you to deall only standard 100% damage.

If ability cooldown will not load and you will use it, the cooldown will reset to 0% it means that if you will spam over and over thissame ability you will never be abble to make critical strike with it.

Some abilities could get something different than damage if they are not damaging abilites.
For example Trinity Link would grant 90% damage reduction.
Loki invisibility last 2x duration/longer.

Critical strikes of abilities will deal 200% damage
Example Excalibur Radial Javelin Dals 1000 damage. With loaded cooldown it will deal 2000 damage as a critical strike.

Add to a game new mod for Frames: Abilities deals +40% more critical damage.
So excaliburs Radial Javelin with loaded cooldown wil deal 2800 critical damage.

Example of cooldowns:
First ability: 10 seconds
Second ability: 20 seconds
Third ability: 20 seconds
Fourth ability: 30 seconds
(While abilities are using with duration or are turned on the cooldowns will not raise up until the ability will be turned off or will end.)

It would reapair somehow some of the weak abilities:
Rhino Iron Skin will be abble to get 2x more armor health.
Frost Snow Globe will have 2x more health.
Valkyr weak melee hysteria attacks will deal 2x more damage.
Valkyr warcry will buff armor by 100%
Nyx Absorb will deal 2x the damage absorbed.

It is small amount of daamge, but Each mastery rank will give +25% critical damage. So at Mastery Rank 20 your abilities will deal 700% critical damage. Or just give them standard 500% critical damage without mastery rank buff.

Critical hit of abilities could maybe even ignore/pass through the armor. Because higher level enemies have insane armor so even 20k ability damage could deal only 2k damage to them while their health is around 40k or even 80k.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

Wouldn't be more feasible to have DE adjust armor scaling.

Our damage abilities only get weaker against Enemies with absurd Armor scaling.

Against Corpus and Infested units (Corrupted counterparts included) the damage numbers remain constant.

Giving a huge damage boost to adjust with Absurd Armor scaling would make us grossly over-powered with the other non-armor enemy units.

Had you suggested innate armor pwnwtration for our abilities, that might have been more balanced.

-But would be a bandaid for the broken armor scaling just as 4x Corrosive Projection stacking.

I do appreciate the suggestion and am glad to see someone wants some damage progression for our abilities.

Keep the suggestions coming.

nice idea, but i think the cooldowns are too small for 700% damage XD

10% per mastery rank is more resonable (200% at rank 20) and the cool downs need more time cuz like this you still can spam 1st ability lol i won't need to cast Ult, i just wait 10 secs then pull them with mag, or cast a fire breath for the rest of the game with Chroma dealing +180% damage (as i'm rank 18) and i'm done haha

it should depend on the ability, like abilities that can last lone time should not get the buff all time (like what i said about Chroma) so if the abilities are continious they should loose the buff overtime, like -20% every 2 secs until it's back to 100% (excluding abilities that need to charge like Nyx's absorb)

but this can't be very usefull when you will need to spamm more frequently, like with frost you need to have that globe all the time so you have no time for letting it charge, but still usefull, for example as frost don't spam other abilities and all of them are damage dealing ones so you can spam globe and when enemies are around he finish them with an avalench or ice wave with doubled damage.

9/10

Wouldn't be more feasible to have DE adjust armor scaling.

Our damage abilities only get weaker against Enemies with absurd Armor scaling.

Against Corpus and Infested units (Corrupted counterparts included) the damage numbers remain constant.

Giving a huge damage boost to adjust with Absurd Armor scaling would make us grossly over-powered with the other non-armor enemy units.

Had you suggested innate armor pwnwtration for our abilities, that might have been more balanced.

-But would be a bandaid for the broken armor scaling just as 4x Corrosive Projection stacking.

I do appreciate the suggestion and am glad to see someone wants some damage progression for our abilities.

Keep the suggestions coming.

yeah what you said is more resonable, giving abilities some armor piercing could help dealing with those high lvl crazy armor values