The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nerf Corrupted Heavy Gunner's Health And Give New Ability Instead

Evansmaan

The Corrupted Heavy Gunner have 500 Armor and 700 Health, compared to Normal Heavy Gunners.(300 Health)

They have the same armor, but Corrupted Ones have doubled health.

This makes them incredible bullet sponge, but with same firepower and tactics of Normal Ones as the level rises, which means nothing but boring and forces you to be obsessed with power creep.

I think this is one of the biggest wall for new players to play Void and make them decide to camp like the others.

Seriously, I don't think new players will be able to kill Life Leech Eximus Heavy Gunners(2100 Health) easily.

They will feel them like a mini-boss, which spawns really frequently.

I suggest to Nerf their health to about 500, giving chances for new players to fight them more easily.(or possibility to kill them)

Instead, give them another ability to counter those camping, which you really don't like and willing to banish :)

For example, enemies like Lancers or Crewman will throw grenades if the player stays at the same spot too long, forcing you to get out of there.

How about giving this ability to Corrupted Heavy Gunners too? Maybe throwing Manic Bombard's Cluster Grenade instead...

They won't use it when players are wandering around the room(the gameplay the developer wants), but will throw them immediately when they try to camp at the sewers :)

I believe Nullifers and Bombards were added to counter camping and skill spam, but we can still camp easily.

I think this is not a bad solution. Any thoughts? Maybe other ability suggestions for those Corrupted Heavy Gunners...

edit: typo

Edited by Evansmaan

Yeah they're bullet sponges but they barely pose any threat. Staggering them completely resets their dps. Corrosive proc oriented weapons are usually the to-go way for the void and they still eat them up easily. I don't think they need to be nerfed, not when there are other things in the void that are truly broken.

I'm not sure if grenades would actually work (at least against the camping method I used a few times). Afaik most/all camping lobbies have a Vauban, so at first the gunners don't see you as you're sitting behind the corner, so they won't throw grenades/hit you with them and when they have LoS they're already stuck in the vortex, unable to do anything...

If I don't play with 4 CP I will usually try and bring a corrosive primary and a radiation secondary (kudos to primed heated charge)

I had been using all radiation for the void until I realized that heavy gunner eximi are everywhere in end game while bombards cannot be eximus so in the end corrupted heavy gunners are much larger bullet sponges than bombards

Ugh another NERF! NERF NERF THE ENEMIES THREAD. Bombards are some what of an issue with the fire rate and the heat seeking :/ other than that everyone else is fine. Wait wait let me guess you hate nullies too -_-. If new players don't know how to combat the armor then they Arnt ready for the void.

Edited by (PS4)Mazda_07_

The Corrupted Heavy Gunner have 500 Armor and 700 Health, compared to Normal Heavy Gunners.(300 Health)

They have the same armor, but Corrupted Ones have doubled health.

This makes them incredible bullet sponge, but with same firepower and tactics of Normal Ones as the level rises, which means nothing but boring and forces you to be obsessed with power creep.

I think this is one of the biggest wall for new players to play Void and make them decide to camp like the others.

Seriously, I don't think new players will be able to kill Life Leech Eximus Heavy Gunners(2100 Health) easily.

They will feel them like a mini-boss, which spawns really frequently.

I suggest to Nerf their health to about 500, giving chances for new players to fight them more easily.(or possibility to kill them)

Instead, give them another ability to counter those camping, which you really don't like and willing to banish :)

For example, enemies like Lancers or Crewman will throw grenades if the player stays at the same spot too long, forcing you to get out of there.

How about giving this ability to Corrupted Heavy Gunners too? Maybe throwing Manic Bombard's Cluster Grenade instead...

They won't use it when players are wandering around the room(the gameplay the developer wants), but will throw them immediately when they try to camp at the sewers :)

I believe Nullifers and Bombards were added to counter camping and skill spam, but we can still camp easily.

I think this is not a bad solution. Any thoughts? Maybe other ability suggestions for those Corrupted Heavy Gunners...

edit: typo

It would be better if it scale with level