Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

On 28.5.2015 at 9:02 PM, RahuHordika said:

Also Excal:

"A perfect balance of mobility and offense. Excalibur is the ideal warframe for new players."

Seeing how he's going to become the sword frame rather than the training wheels guy I'd suggest an overhaul to his description as a whole.

Excalibur, wearer of the exalted blade, uses his spectral weapon for a perfect blend of mobility, crowd control and offense.

Delta Beacon - No longer used - still drops.
Kappa Beacon - no longer usde still drops 
Omega Beacon - no longer used still drops
Gamma Beacon. - no longer used still drops. 

Earth Plants - for crafting health - serves no use considering syndicate + clan health capsules are far better and much more easier to make.

Anti Toxin - Never used. 

Edited by xxswatelitexx

On 3/16/2016 at 8:35 PM, (PS4)ScruffyMcGrouch said:

Ever heard of community involvement? No? Shame.

Anywho...

I think the description for Loki needs to be fixed. It says he is desired by advanced players. While this may be the case, this could turn off new players, or some players in general from playing a very fun frame. It also states he has a variety of specialized reconfiguring abilities when I think his only reconfiguring ability would be radial disarm.

Maybe the first part of his description that reads "Desired by advanced players, Loki offers a variety of specialized reconfiguring abilities" could be taken off entirely and just leave the last part which states "The creativity of Loki's powers allows players to master the battlefield through manipulation."

Even that last sentence could be redone to state something like "Loki offers players who enjoy manipulating the battlefield to their advantage a set of abilties to do just that."

Or "For those who enjoy deception and subterfuge, Loki offers a set of abilities that confuse, deceive and disarm his opponents"

If I find more I'll be sure to edit this post with findings.

I think the whole "desired by advanced players" needs to go, there is nothing about Loki that makes you need to be advanced at this game in order to use him.

The starter Warframes have very misleading descriptions that don't give newbies an accurate picture of their purpose and playstyles.

For example, Excalibur's description claims that he's "a perfect balance of mobility and offense" and the "ideal Warframe for new players"; when really, he's a sturdy melee-focused Warframe, with a kit to get him into the fray and stay alive in it.

Edited by ImNotJellyAtAll

18 hours ago, ImNotJellyAtAll said:

The starter Warframes have very misleading descriptions that don't give newbies an accurate picture of their purpose and playstyles.

For example, Excalibur's description claims that he's "a perfect balance of mobility and offense" and the "ideal Warframe for new players"; when really, he's a sturdy melee-focused Warframe, with a kit to get him into the fray and stay alive in it.

I think what they meant with balanced where his stats average shield average life and higher amor making him a bit more forgiving. 

But you are right they could definitely add that he is a melee based warframe. Furthermore I dont know if he really is the best choice for new player as his ultimate depend on his melee mods which a lot of new players don't even know. But I guess you can play him quite good without knowing that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Skana, from the wiki/codex:

Spoiler

Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture.

It doesn't get any more powerful than the skana prime and prisma skana IMO.

Either buff the skana series, or make a better skana that is not prisma skana or skana prime.

Yes, this is a bit of a necro IMO

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/04/2016 at 11:46 AM, MonkeyWaffles said:

The Manticore Scindo Skin and The Brokk Fragor Skin. It says it changes the damage / speed but either this isn't true, or it isn't shown on the weapon stats.

They do affect the stats but it's not updated in real time like you'd expect. You have to go out and into the equipment menu again and you'll see the difference.

This is perhaps a bit beyond the scope of this thread, but Lotus's lines for Phorid should be adjusted.

She speaks at length about the "abandoned" asteroid base (that is currently swarming with Grineer and Corpus, since Phorid only spawns as an invasion), and goes from not knowing anything about the creature, to its exact specifications, or vice versa.

On 23/3/2016 at 5:55 AM, xxswatelitexx said:

Delta Beacon - No longer used - still drops.
Kappa Beacon - no longer usde still drops 
Omega Beacon - no longer used still drops
Gamma Beacon. - no longer used still drops. 

Earth Plants - for crafting health - serves no use considering syndicate + clan health capsules are far better and much more easier to make.

Anti Toxin - Never used. 

Just pointing out that antitoxins are used in Earth sabotage to get better rewards

Not that they are popular or anything, but its a breaking difference between them and beacons

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/11/2016 at 4:13 AM, p3z1 said:

Skana, from the wiki/codex:

Hide contents

Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture.

It doesn't get any more powerful than the skana prime and prisma skana IMO.

Either buff the skana series, or make a better skana that is not prisma skana or skana prime.

Yes, this is a bit of a necro IMO

I think it means "immensely powerful" is by the standards of non-Tenno weapons

8 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

I think it means "immensely powerful" is by the standards of non-Tenno weapons

But there are more powerful, non-tenno weapons out there, like the cronus (technically non-tenno, since Vor), and maybe the Dark Sword (unknown origin).

29 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

But there are more powerful, non-tenno weapons out there, like the cronus (technically non-tenno, since Vor), and maybe the Dark Sword (unknown origin).

I thought the Chronus was Tenno too, since it's a sword version of Ceramic Dagger?

Maybe it's a Orokin/Grineer hybrid like the Seer

Stradavar at the Codex: A high-capacity, high-damage enforcer, this weapon can switch between semi-automatic and full automatic firing modes.

I'm pretty sure this codex entry is pretty obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Rhino is the heaviest Warframe, combining offensive and defensive capabilities. 

This is Rhino, an immovable force and highly resilient.

Rhino can survive alone or become the cornerstone of any squad, Tenno. The choice is yours.

Rhino is a heavily-armored Warframe with the strength and fortitude of his reckless, stampeding namesake. Rhino trades speed for power and is designed to fill the tank role in a cell, with the capability to charge into the fray, draw enemy fire, and bend the battlefield to his will through sheer brute force.

On Thursday, May 28, 2015 at 0:55 PM, vaugahn said:

Volt: 

"Volt can create and harness electrical elements. This is a high-damage warframe perfect for players looking for a potent alternative to gunplay."

Volt is a versatile all-rounder who works well with a team, not so much an alternative to gunplay.

Edit: ninja'd

Volt from voltage in electricity, right? 

• 3 weeks later...

I feel like Volt and Excalibur should trade descriptions, Excal is the frame which can provide the alternative to guns by relying only on powers and melee, while Volt is the guy who seems to be the all arounder possessing defensive and offensive abilities as well as buffs (I mean two of his abilities complement guns even).

Dual Decurion:

"Delivering twin streams of highly accurate, rapid-fire ordnance, the Decurion are specifically designed for combat in the vacuum of space."

Highly accurate? it has the most recoil of all Arcwhing weapons in the form of an uncontrollable screenshake, has bullet spread where all other fully autos don't.

But can we not just change the description, but tone down the screenshake please? It;s already obad, but with the new Archwing movement system coming soon, I can see it being very disorientating