Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

12 hours ago, owendawgx said:

Vauban Minelayer

Bounce, Trip Laser, Shred and Concuss

"One of these things is not like the other one". All of them are verbs except Trip Laser. Rename it to Trip, otherwise it seems unpolished.

That has been killing me for so long but then when i want to write about it i forget...

Not sure if this is the right place, but one of the loading screen Design Council tips reads:

Sniper feeling a bit dull in the Conclave? Visit Teshin in the Relays to get your hands on the Lie in Wait mod to increase Aimed Damaged by 60% and decrease Recoil by 200% at max rank!

when in fact it increases recoil. The mod is a trade-off.

Archwing weapon Velocitus, its description includes "piercing hulls and obliterating armour". Velocitus deals Magnetic damage, which has a factor of -50% to Alloy Armour. As a result is incongruous.

Edited by Destrab

On 5/28/2015 at 2:54 PM, Kestral9999 said:

Yeah, everyone keeps referring to Scrublord as "Rhino" too. 

So annoying.

OI I have some beef with you. and all the people who upvoted you.  because at minim 50% more damage for guns is useful.  and his stomp?  use it then roar and let your allies obliterate .   because lets say 50%  added to syniod, ,or tonkor, and some of the melee weapons, i even think it add damage to abilities.  Also why not give a nod to his passive in his decrib?

Edited by (XB1)Solargeo

Good god DE, every time a description is fixed you just push another few of useless cringe worthy descriptions.

Kavat- Smeeta
description now: This sly feline is playful yet devious

Kavat- Adarza
description now: Piercing eyes reflect deadly instincts.

by those descriptions, u will never know what these kavats even do by default, which are (not 100% clear yet until everything tested out by players to put into wiki)

Smeeta: can cast a decoy to attract enemy fire, temporary RNG buffs during battle including red crits, warframe abilities cost 0 energy, gain rare resources, over shield, double energy gained from orbs, instant reload.

Adarza: reflects enemy damage, provides crit buff

On a side note, the complete lack of indication/ description of which RNG buff you get from Smeeta and can only partly tell which buff u got every time by looking at buff duration time when u get it on the UI is genius. Please at least change the wording to which RNG buff you actually get. (eg. critical/ overshield/ resource/ energy gain/ reload/ 0 ability cost)

Description for Visuals in market where it says you can use "any unlocked Codex image" change it to "fan art and cephalon fragments Codex images" or something,since the gallerys that you  UNLOCK  through mastery rank cant be used on Visuals....(the painting decoration)

Reload mods having incorrect values, as an example:

Rubico with 3.0 reload speed + Primed Fast Hands on rank 8 (+45%) = Rubico with 2.1 and not how the mod would suggest 1.6 reload speed

This goes for pretty much every single weapon and reload speed mods.

Edited by Kasarian
Typos.

18 hours ago, Kasarian said:

Rubico with 3.0 reload speed + Primed Fast Hands on rank 8 (+45%) = Rubico with 2.1 and not how the mod would suggest 1.6 reload speed

I heard somewhere that the reload speed mods aren't based off the total reload time, and that there's some other calculation taken into consideration

47 minutes ago, -domi- said:

I heard somewhere that the reload speed mods aren't based off the total reload time, and that there's some other calculation taken into consideration

My point exactly, the value on mod doesn't equal how much reload will be faster, it's a little confusing for newer players (like making impression mod or game is not working correctly) and kinda disappoints older players like me with kind of "Oh this weapon has terrible reload speed, I know! I'll sacrifice some damage mod for faster reload, it should make using this weapon so much better. *slaps reload mod* Oh...".

On July 21, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Kasarian said:

My point exactly, the value on mod doesn't equal how much reload will be faster, it's a little confusing for newer players (like making impression mod or game is not working correctly) and kinda disappoints older players like me with kind of "Oh this weapon has terrible reload speed, I know! I'll sacrifice some damage mod for faster reload, it should make using this weapon so much better. *slaps reload mod* Oh...".

Sonicor: CC in a box

3s reload

> slap reload mod

2s reload

Sonicor: Death in a box

On 7/20/2016 at 6:56 PM, Kasarian said:

This is because they increase Reload Speed (3.0/1.45) rather than decreasing reload time (3.0 *(1.0-0.45)).  Which is exactly what they say they do, although perhaps the Arsenal uses the wrong text for reload times.

When going to equip a companion, an Immature Kubrow/Kavat still says 'Incubating', even though it is done incubating and will not stop with time.  Should probably be changed to account for the new animal aging system.

On 7/14/2016 at 0:59 AM, (XB1)Solargeo said:

OI I have some beef with you. and all the people who upvoted you.  because at minim 50% more damage for guns is useful.  and his stomp?  use it then roar and let your allies obliterate .   because lets say 50%  added to syniod, ,or tonkor, and some of the melee weapons, i even think it add damage to abilities.  Also why not give a nod to his passive in his decrib?

Triggered.

Edited by Revenant0713

• Boar Prime's current description states that it offers a slight decrease in per shot damage over the Boar. This is false, Boar P currently has a higher base damage than Boar. 
  • Azima's description states that it's able to fire it's magazine, which "spins in the air for a short time, firing lasers at nearby enemies." It actually just fires regular bullets, not lasers. No disco disc for Tenno. 
  • This one's a little nit-picky, but the Viper states that it has "ultra-fast reload times". At 1.1s, that's slower than many other single secondary pistols. 
  • Amphis, Bo, Dual Ether, Dual Skana,  Dual Heat Swords, Gram, Galatine, Orthos, and Scindo state that they can hit multiple targets. Might be confusing to newbies, make them think other weapons can't hit multiple targets. 
  • Heat Dagger and Heat Sword claim to be able to inflict Fire damage. However, it doesn't inflict fire damage except for it's jumping attacks. Clarifying it could help new players. Or better yet, buff both to have innate fire damage!
  • Plasma Sword is supposedly able to deliver a high percentage of critical strikes. At 15%, it's not very high compared to others like Dual Zoren or Dual Dark Swords.
  • Scoliac claims to be able to inflict toxin damage with attacks. Again, only on jump attacks, clarification should be done. Or buff! 
Edited by Icymountain

This is just my nick pickyness...and I'm sorry if it comes off as rude...

The use of the term "high damage".....^and then the use of the word "high" in anything^ should be reevaluated until enemy scaling is fixed...also 15% is really low....

Generally, if the weapon or power does not crit or ignore armor, there is nothing "high" about its damage. 

So....thanks for reading if you did, sorry again, I just kind of had to say that...

On 2016-07-21 at 0:56 AM, Kasarian said:

Reload mods work exactly as intended: They increase your reload speed, they don't reduce your reload time. This is a very clear difference in terminology which causes different mathematics to be used.

Just think about it like this: If you increase your movement speed by 100%, you don't move infinitely fast, you move twice as fast.

Similarly, increasing reloadspeed by 100% (twice the speed: x * (1+1)) turns out the same as reducing your reloadtime by 50% (half the time: x / (1 + 1)).

Thus, increasing your reloadspeed by 45% (speed * (1 + 0,45)) turns out to be the same as reducing your reloadtime by ~31% (time: x / 1 + 0,45)

The reason these kind of mods confuse people is because the mod increases a speed, but the arsenal does not state speed (i.e. reloads/second) for a weapon, but rather the inverted value (seconds/reload). That's why the math is the way it is. And the math is working exactly as it should.

• 2 weeks later...

The Perrin Sequence

A collective of brilliant and powerful merchants, splintered from the Corpus. Their goal is to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world they study.

Specifically the word "World". Which world? The game contains a solar system of worlds.