The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, Dark-Vortex said:

The Perrin Sequence

A collective of brilliant and powerful merchants, splintered from the Corpus. Their goal is to restore order by bringing prosperity and direction to the violent world they study.

Specifically the word "World". Which world? The game contains a solar system of worlds.

The free market, of course!

Oh and another one:

Stolen Dreams

On the second mission of the Stolen Dreams quest, Maroo "congratulates" you on finding the Arcane Codex each time you hack a data vault.

I assume she should only comment on it once...

EDIT: I get this isn't a description per se, but it's still a text (and speech) flaw.

EDIT2: The Lotus does the same thing on mission 3 as well. There may be more, so I won't continue editing, the quest may need a look at for refining.

Edited by Dark-Vortex

When doing Fusion, hovering over the mod you are fusing gives this tooltip.

'Each Mod type has a unique name. Duplicates are the most effective for Fusion.'

I don't think duplicates actually have this kind of interaction with Fusion now with the Endo system.

Entropy Burst states "+20% Status Chance +1 'Entropy'"

Spoiler

4TGEvwN.png

This should be changed, as it does not work like other status mods which state +X%, but instead adds a flat ammount on top. I understand this has been changed before, to make it clear that it does in fact not raise the base value, but adds on top of it. However now it still gives the wrong idea about what it does.
The suggested change would be: "+20 Status Chance +1 'Entropy'"

With broken scaling on >FRAME<, not CORPUS/GRINEER/OROKIN/non-Tennos Fraction. It is OBVIOUS you can tell why Frames are need of overhaul to have their own "speicality" (recommend you get rid of the 1st ability, since most elements frames just do elements damage that can be replaced with weapons.)

Description only hold TRUE, if the Frames work on a level 100, and you can enjoy a good game session. Not to trip and fall and expecting more nerf because your frames can't handle it. (Plenty of Frames won't make it without AoE or Support). 

DE is fixing things, and breaking some while fixing more, but on the side, bugs show up more. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

AKJAGARA  -  "The design of these hard-hitting dual pistols is a mix of organic and bladed elements"                ¿"that easy spread status effects while cut enemies"?

"Organic" word confuses me.

Personal suggestion for Despair.
DESPAIR - This weapon is broken just use it. Stalker is doing it.. 

:heart:Tenno

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 10:39 AM, str4dlin said:

AKJAGARA  -  "The design of these hard-hitting dual pistols is a mix of organic and bladed elements"                ¿"that easy spread status effects while cut enemies"?

"Organic" word confuses me.

In art, "organic" means having curved and natural-looking shapes.

On 5/28/2015 at 11:52 AM, [DE]Rebecca said:

Hi everyone,

One thing I've been working on when I get time is fixing obsolete descriptions.

Example:

Observing Dark Sword description saying:

'high damage charge attack'.

Will be changed to:

'attacks with innate Radiation damage'.

If you notice things like this, please post them in this thread so they have an official home.

Thanks,

Rebecca

Unrelated Question:

[DE}Rebecca, is there any chance for me to achieve, "Overlord." Forum-Rank someday?

[I am glad to know the Developers do get involved in these "General" forum discussions with no bots involved.. j/k]

Thank you for your attention.

-Tenno

I don't know if it's been posted here, but I'll say it anyway:

The bonus affinity challenges at the start of each mission, most of them need to be tweaked/fixed.

For example: The challenge of getting 20 kills with whatever your secondary weapon is is described as "Get 20 kills with your pistol" or "Get 20 pistol kills" or something similar, whatever my memory isn't great. Instead of specifically saying "pistol," how about just changing it to "Secondary?" You know, since you can have lasers and rocket launchers and shotguns as secondary weapons too, and those are the weapons that complete the so called "20 pistol kills" bonus.

Same goes for the "30 kills with your rifle" one. How about "30 kills with your primary weapon?" Since, you know, bows, grenade launchers, etc. usually aren't really rifles?

The melee challenge is good though, "10 melee kills." is perfect since, you know, there's other weapons besides swords in this game.

And one last thing, even though it isn't exactly a description issue per-say: How about the game checks your equipment and mission type before assigning a random bonus affinity challenge at the start of a mission? While yes, these bonus affinity challenges aren't hugely important either way, it's just annoying starting a mission & not being able to complete that extra little meter at the bottom, whether I need to or not. If I don't have a secondary equipped, don't even make it possible to get the "20 pistol kills" challenge. If it's a mission that doesn't have any terminals to hack (Or only has 1, or only has terminals to hack if you're fighting Bursa's, etc.) then don't give me the terminal hacking challenge.

Happy holidays.

I have big problem in the game plz I need help .... my problem is I can't got the war within quest In spite of I done all the mark in sedna junction and when I start it the junction I lost the connection and they returned me to the ship then I restart to play it again then I see they though I finished and killed the spectre .... I didn't collect anything  and the war within quest . . I try to play it again but they didn't give it to me ... what I do ... how I got the war within quest  plz help me 

• 3 weeks later...

should this description be changed?

4f977a5ba5.jpg

that occurred when you want to cycle a riven mod, and you didn't know / realize that you do not have enough kuva to do it

maybe just changed it into "you do not have X kuvas required to cycle. You need Y kuvas more" (or whatever the description that states you do not have enough kuvas to cycle - yet this is my suggestion after all)

X refers to amounts of kuvas required to cycle the riven mod

Y refers to remaining amounts of required kuvas

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/28/2015 at 0:15 PM, AM-Bunny said:

LANKA

The LANKA fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.

Unless LANKA is some acronym I'm unaware of, it shouldn't be all capitalized in the flavour text.

Loosley Acronymed No-more Kenetic Attack