Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

Ripkas: 'Motorized saw fists.' That's it, all you need to know -.-

I use Volt as an extension of gunplay.

But even then, he's more than just that--many players use him as a melee frame. It should probably be more like "Volt can quickly provide a spark to gunplay or swordplay, or shock enemies with a display of electrical ability." or something like that.

The Kraken could need some help with the grammar:

"The Kraken is a heavy pistol of Grineer design that fires quick two shots with a single pull of the trigger. Skilled marksmen will appreciate the value in this deadly accurate weapon."

The bolded part should either say: "quickly fires two shots" or "fires two quick shots"

EDIT: Unless I'm somehow mistaken, English is not my native language after all :P

PLOT TWIST

There's more than one Stalker.

Then it should say Stalkers'

Besides, that is not the only place where an apostrophe is missing. Can't recall any right now though.

Edited by Azamagon

Aww, this topic is awesome. I'll bookmark it, since there are a lot of small mistakes that could be fixed to make the game feel more.. immersive. But right now there's only one thing on my mind: The names of the dojo pigments. Most of them don't make any sense.Toxic Ancients drops Charger Blue pigments, Orokin Drones give Moa Green and Sniper Cremen drops Jackal Yellow pigments. Some are pretty good, like Leaf Red from the Stalker or Railgun Blue from Railgun Moa.

LANKA
The LANKA fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction.

Unless LANKA is some acronym I'm unaware of, it shouldn't be all capitalized in the flavour text.

Just wanted to mention that this applies to a lot of the "original" Clantech weapons, including the PROVA, DERA, ACRID, TORID, and so on.

I would like to reccomend this post be Pinned, since it's an admin topic and an important way we can help improve the cohesiveness of the Warframe universe, since misleading descriptions can be immersion-breaking...

Also, the description for the Velocitus describes  it as a railgun, which it is most certainly not. I reccomend we change it's description to...perhaps an EMP projectile cannon? I'm just trying to make the description fit the weapon.

Also, the description for the Velocitus describes it as a railgun, which it is most certainly not. I reccomend we change it's description to...perhaps an EMP projectile cannon? I'm just trying to make the description fit the weapon.

Since it does electric damaged the velocitus can be a plasma gun (yeah you'd expect that to do fire, but think electric burns). Then the magnetic field aspect used to direct the charged particles can stay.

This is less about a description error and more of an overall mismatch:

Neurodes - The infested thingies, correct in description and in picture. But they also drop on EARTH (the Grineer home) and is used for crafting GRINEER weapons/items.

Neural Sensor - The Grineer devices, correct in description and in picture. But they are mostly used for crafting INFESTED or TENNO weapons/items and only drop from a CORPUS planet.

That... is a bit silly.

Codex entry for the Excavation mission type still mentions the need to find and power a scanner after the scanners were removed from the game.

Codex entry for Recovery mission (after being captured by a Zanuka Hunter) says we start 'with no weapons or Warframe'.  Surely that should be 'Warframe powers' unless the mission has been changed since I last saw it to have a Tenno without a Warframe.

The Djinn Mod Fatal Attraction could do with a less cryptic description.

Various enemies have health, shield and/or armour types of 'NONE' so when we complete the required scans and would normally find out if they have Ferrite or Alloy Armour or Proto-Shields or what type of Flesh we instead see 'NONE'.  Examples include Corpus Target with NONE:800, Grineer Target with NONE:600, Councillor Vay Hek with Ferrite Armor:225 and NONE:1800 (NONE:2000 for Terra Frame version) and the best has to be Maroo with her NONE:1300, NONE:300 & NONE:50.

This is less about a description error and more of an overall mismatch:

Neurodes - The infested thingies, correct in description and in picture. But they also drop on EARTH (the Grineer home) and is used for crafting GRINEER weapons/items.

Neural Sensor - The Grineer devices, correct in description and in picture. But they are mostly used for crafting INFESTED or TENNO weapons/items and only drop from a CORPUS planet.

That... is a bit silly.

Neurodes & Neural Sensors? Again?!

These 2 reaaally got a problem!...

That would still require an apostrophe to show possession of the items.

So it would be Stalkers'.

Wouldn't it be "Stalkers's" since it's still its name? I'm fairly certain, anyway. o 3o

I always thought you just added an apostrophe to anything that ends with an "s," though I do believe proper names are given that exclusion.

Since it does electric damaged the velocitus can be a plasma gun (yeah you'd expect that to do fire, but think electric burns). Then the magnetic field aspect used to direct the charged particles can stay.

Ok, that makes more  sense. A plasma cannon uses magnetic fields to shape charged particles and launch them. It also means we can make the Lanka a plasma railgun, since it's both a sniper-rifle with magnetic focussing properties and has an electrical damage...

Wouldn't it be "Stalkers's" since it's still its name? I'm fairly certain, anyway. o 3o

I always thought you just added an apostrophe to anything that ends with an "s," though I do believe proper names are given that exclusion.

Yes but Stalker's name is Stalker. Stalkers is plural.

All instances of "high-risk high-reward", things being unsafe, or of consequence are generally laughable to look at considering how simple the game is when the content matches the player's level.

Several weapons described as powerful are in fact laughably weak(such as the Seer pistol).

"A relic from the Great Plague, the Mire Infested sword is a brutal weapon. It not only cuts into the enemy but it infects the wounds of it's victim with a toxic nerve poison. Deals toxin damage on ground slam and charge attack."

^That

And what about Excalibur?

"A perfect balance of mobility and offense, Excalibur is the ideal Warframe for new players."

I personally think this will be partially outdated as well. Given that he's now a full swordsman, it's very off.

Neurodes & Neural Sensors? Again?!

These 2 reaaally got a problem!...

They were a problem from day 1. Presumably so because of their similar names.

Funny fact: They are actually just back to where they were in the beginning of Warframe! Only difference is that the Grineer device (Neural Sensors) now drops on a Corpus planet, instead of an Infested one (Yes, Jupiter used to be almost entirely an Infested planet)

while you're at it there, Dark Sword is an arse Weapon :p

it's painfully slow, and barely does more Damage than Dark Dagger. with no other redeeming features. Dark Sword is basically pointless nowadays.

- - - - -

Warframes

Excalibur's 'ideal for new players' is questionable.

this is subjective, so again, questionable.

Mesa's Description doesn't describe that actual Warframe at all.

she neither has a Steady hand or Quick Reflexes. these are words pointing towards the theme - not what the Warframe actually DOES.

Rhino's line about being the Heaviest Warframe is questionable.

we all know about Volt.

Companions

Wyrm Prime and Helios don't have that note that they require two slots. the others do.

Prime Laser Rifle's Description is... lame.

same goes for Burst Laser.

Melee Weapons

i'm not sure if Dual Skana is actually using a shorter primary Sword than Skana is. if it isn't.... the mention of a shorter blade would be pointless.

Furax's mention of hitting harder than most Melee Weapons with more Range is a farce. it does exactly 35 Damage, 0.1 less than Skana.

Heat Dagger's and Heat Sword's Description is possibly misleading. the Fire Blade Weapons only deal Fire Damage on Ground Smashes and on forced Status in certain Melee Combo's. otherwise it's just a generic Sword.

honestly, the Fire Blades should have some innate Fire Damage. such as replacing the Impact and Puncture Damage on them with Fire.

Jaw Sword - the 'Quick Attacks' mention is a farce. it's not a fast Weapon. it's faster than Skana i guess... but it's still very average in speed.

Machete - are Scorpions really supposed to be Elite Melee Units? :p

Mire mentioning Charge Attacks.

Obex's Description makes little sense. it actually deals less Damage than Kogake, despite saying it multiplies force. if it multiplies force, how is it less effective than what's effectively brass knuckles, without any fancy space tech?

(could be fixed by making it's Stamina cost basically free)

is Orthos really 'rare'? it's Crafting costs are not very complicated or extravagant.

Pangolin Sword's Description is just rather lame.

Plasma Sword doesn't do high Damage. it's 0.1 less than Skana.

(also holy s... why does this thing need to be so slow - it's literally the worst Melee Weapon in the game because it's impossibly slow - you'd need to like, quadruple the Damage to compensate for being THAT SLOW. or just make it's speed less ridiculous)

also it's Crit Chance isn't... super high despite claiming it to be.

Prova is in all caps in it's Description. other Descriptions don't do this.

Ripkas' Description is rather lame.

Scoliac talks about Toxin Damage - yet it deals IPS. like the Fire Blades, this only deals Toxin Damage on Ground Smashes.

(why not replace the Impact and Puncture with Toxin... it fits the theme)

Sheev's Description suggests it cuts Armor and Flesh equally well. yet it's Puncture Damage is quite low.

Skana does not become immensely powerful no matter how experienced in Warframe you are.

Primary Weapons

Attica talking about quickly shooting is questionable. it's base RoF isn't that high.

Boar Prime has done more Damage than Boar as long as i can remember off the top of my head. it's Description suggests it deals less Damage per shot - but that's not even remotely true. 117 vs 96 - 21 more Damage.

Boltor Prime suggests faster more Damaging Bolts, but reduced Range (perhaps Accuracy?). honestly, since the Weapon has no weaknesses, it SHOULD have lower Accuracy than Boltor. faster Projectile Speed, more Damage, but lower Accuracy. that would be an interesting Weapon to use then.

Corvas still literally does nothing when you Charge it. it's exactly the same Uncharged as Charged.

Daikyu's Description might imply that the more you shoot it, the more Damage and Range you yet. might want to adjust that.

it also doesn't really have more Range than the other Bows... they can all hit at the same Distances. this Bow does shoot a little flatter but...

Dera is in all caps in it's Description. other Weapons don't do this.

Dual Decurion are not highly Accurate and Rapid Fire. you can either fire one accurate shot, or fire in Auto and spray and pray - and run out of ammo in a second ofcourse.

Flux Rifle's Description could sound more exciting to sell it better.

Gorgon's 'high Damage rate' is questionable.

Grakata does not have a 'huge magazine'.

Ignis is also in all caps in it's Description. other weapons don't do this.

it's Description could also be more exciting.

Lanka is in all caps in it's Description. honestly, the older Weapons mostly are in all caps, while the many more recent ones aren't in all caps.

Latron talks about impressive Accuracy - but it's identically as accurate as Braton.

Miter is in all caps.

it also suggests Punch-Through, when Miter's Punch-Through has been severely hampered for a long time.

Ogris is in all caps. Description also could be more exciting.

Phage talking about Corroding things yet dealing Viral Damage is questionable.

Sobek talks about rapid fire. but it's the same RoF as basically every other Shotgun except for Boar Series, which is actually higher.

Supra is in all caps. Description is also not very exciting.

Tetra, like Grakata, talks about it's 60rd Magazine as 'huge'. it isn't huge.

Torid is in all caps. Description is also very unexciting.

Vulkar talks about skilled users taking down Targets long before they come close.

i think this is talking about a different Sniper Rifle than Vulkar.

Secondary Weapons

Acrid is in all caps. Description is not very exciting. needle should be plural because it's Magazine is larger than 1.

AkBolto mentions lowered Accuracy, but it has the same Accuracy as it's single counterpart.

since most other Akimbo Weapons do infact have lower Accuracy, it should have lower Accuracy.

Akbronco Prime actually deals less Damage, so why does it talk about greater Damage?

AkLato's Reload is more than doubled, and it doesn't have double the RoF.

AkZani are 'deadly'. this is questionable.

maybe deadly for the user, when their Enemy doesn't die @.@

Kraken talks about it's super high Accuracy. it's Accuracy is only okay.

Lex Prime's Description is a bit copy paste to Lex's.

Seer says average Rate of Fire. it's RoF is actually quite low.

in Synoid Gammacor's Description, there should be a Comma between 'Instrument' and 'The'.

Gremlins fire bolts with 'greater force' - but greater force compared to what? Bolto? it's Damage suggests MUCH higher Force, so....

there are some Secondaries with slightly faster Reload Times than Viper. basically, why doesn't Viper have an even faster Reload? :p like, 250ms or something.

Ash > Teleport description: "Ash Teleports towards the target, bringing him into melee range and enemies vulnerable to finishers."  

-There should be the word "making" between "and" and "enemies" 

Mag > Pull description: "Magnetic force pulls enemies towards you, stunning them and bringing them into melee range." 

-Pull doesn't reliably bring enemies into melee range, it makes them fly and ragdoll in your general direction. The ability works just fine, but I'm saying the description might mislead players into thinking it would synergize better with melee than it currently does.  

Mag > Crush listed stats: "Damage-1000; Power Range(meters)-18

-Statistics/description should be edited to reflect recent changes made to the ability (it now does damage over a series of 3 ticks, so it isn't dealing that 1000 damage every time it deals damage). 

Also, I'd like to point out that some abilities are inconsistent in their wording. Some refer to "you," the player, while others make reference to the Warframe itself. It would be nice if they were all the latter, as most seem to be that way, to enhance immersion and consistency.  

Edited by Outlander3734

Vulkar talks about skilled users taking down Targets long before they come close.

i think this is talking about a different Sniper Rifle than Vulkar.

Yeah, the description was swapped with this one's.  Clem is dancing with joy.

maxresdefault.jpg