Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

Nami Solo shows rank 29 in the player profile when it is actually already maxed rank 30 in my inventory although it could just be me that's just bugged not really sure if it is just me. Also when clicking the name electric crawler eximus and lobber crawler eximus the names in there profile show parasitic eximus this is both profiles when clicking them in the codex if i am right parasitic in the game also shows up but there is no profile for it, weird eh?

Nami Solo showing rank 29 is a different bug entirely. Your affinity got stuck. It happened to my Nekros... and the Kraken I sold, which was frozen at rank 22. Had to rebuild, so I hope you still have the weapon to do another run with.

ProlongedParalysis2.png

Prolonged Paralysis reads it extends duration by 200%.(Stun duration is scalable by Power Strength)

*Doesn't state it removes AoE Parry stagger(Armor ignore finishers & 400% stealth/unalerted melee modifier) in exchange for AoE knockdwon (Ground finishers that have 400% melee damage boost but not the same crit damage multiplier mechanic as stealth/unalerted nor armor ignore)

Also normal Parlysis stun duration cannot be extended. So if Prolonged Paralysis has 284% power strength total stun duration is 22.72secs.

-But if you remove augment, thinking normal Paralysis will be 1/2 the duration..you are in for a surprise.

Spoiler contains Parlysis builds used for video links

11713863_10205000508832441_6610736577256

11334232_10205000572874042_1157102614653

(Ground finishers that have 400% melee damage boost but not the same crit damage multiplier mechanic as stealth/unalerted nor armor ignore)

There's no crit damage multiplier for stealth/unalerted attacks.

Can we count the Skana one?

SKANA:
"Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture."

I think this gives a false impression to new players on what they can await with the weapon, since it sounds like it gets passively stronger either with weapon level or mastery level, which is not the case.

Excluding adding mods (which make ANY weapon stronger) it remains in the same sad starter weapon tier of damage and speed.

Maybe it should get the description of being a training sword.

There's no crit damage multiplier for stealth/unalerted attacks.

Did it change?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

Melee Damage Multiplier

Standard melee attacks are affected by a 400% stealth damage multiplier when attacking unalerted enemies, or when cloaked by an ability (Smoke Screen and Invisibility). This damage multiplier changes the color of regular damage pop-ups from white to yellow (similar to critical hits). Critical hits while under these effects will still appear yellow, but will multiply the 400% melee damage multiplier by the amount of critical damage on the weapon (e.g., 400% x 3x critical = 1200% damage).

What the wiki states is what is concurrent with Melee stealth/unalerted melee modifier scaling with crit damage multiplier on PS4 build 16.7.2 : Radial Blind with 3.8crit multiplier from Sheev w Organ Shatter

Did it change?

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stealth

Melee Damage Multiplier

Standard melee attacks are affected by a 400% stealth damage multiplier when attacking unalerted enemies, or when cloaked by an ability (Smoke Screen and Invisibility). This damage multiplier changes the color of regular damage pop-ups from white to yellow (similar to critical hits). Critical hits while under these effects will still appear yellow, but will multiply the 400% melee damage multiplier by the amount of critical damage on the weapon (e.g., 400% x 3x critical = 1200% damage).

What the wiki states is what is concurrent with Melee stealth/unalerted melee modifier scaling with crit damage multiplier on PS4 build 16.7.2 : Radial Blind with 3.8crit multiplier from Sheev w Organ Shatter

Crits can of course multiply the stealth damage multiplier like it does for all damage. Still stealth itself doesn't have any other multiplier than the stealth multiplier. Crit works the same for all things.

Crits can of course multiply the stealth damage multiplier like it does for all damage. Still stealth itself doesn't have any other multiplier than the stealth multiplier. Crit works the same for all things.

I think you are correct and perhaps Finisher crits are bugged

Dual Cleavers Finisher non crit of 5367 and crit of 8519

Not using 1600% times 5.7 crit multiplier for crit.(Higher damage number proc'd Berseker)

In the video with Sheev the larger numbers do not always proc Beserker, which led me to believe the crit damage multipliers were being applied differently.

I think it may be a bug.

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, crit mods on crit less weapons like the Seer behave oddly....like the crit damage multiplier is not Zero but is more of an unlisted figure: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/447820-seer-pistol-crits/#entry4985791

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Saryn

dTzPL5L.jpg

Venom

"Saryn tags the target with a toxic spore that does poison damage over time. Destroying the spore will spread a viral infection to nearby enemies."

Venom's description has not been updated with the advent of Damage 2.0 as well as Saryn's rework. In this context, "toxic" means "poisonous." As poison damage no longer exists, and because the word "toxic" is very similar to "toxin" (which is not Venom's damage type), "toxic" could be changed to another adjective. "Pathogenic" or "virulent" might work better here. "Poison damage" should be changed to "viral damage."

I'm sure there's acknowledgement of past suggestions to switch the names of Saryn's 1st and 3rd abilities. While I can understand the hesitation or reluctance to do so, it makes more sense for Saryn's 1st to be named "Contagion" based on its mechanics. It produces a group of spores that can spread a viral infection to nearby enemies—much like a contagion (think of a highly infectious disease). The augment "Venom Dose" wouldn't even need its name to be changed considering its mechanics are completely separate from those of Saryn's 1st.

As for the stats, I would like to see a stat that indicates the "Burst Damage" of the spores when popped, but we've already hit the six-stat limit. The "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Molt

"Shedding her skin like a snake, Saryn leaves a decoy behind to draw fire from enemies."

There should be a brief note at the end of the description to let players know the decoy will explode when the duration expires or when it loses all of its health.

Similar to what I've suggested with the stats of Loki's Decoy, there should be a "SHIELDS" stat to let players know the amount of shields Molt will have when deployed. The "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Contagion

"Saryn channels high levels of toxicity into her melee weapon, transmitting disease and plague with each strike that connects with targets."

I'm fine with the description stating that the toxins added to Saryn's melee weapon transmit disease to a target. However, to use the word "plague" seems a bit extreme. A plague is an infectious, epidemic disease. If we consider the base mechanics of Contagion, damaged enemies are not capable of spreading infection to enemies nearby. There's nothing particularly "contagious" about Contagion. "Plague" doesn't really need to be in the description.

Despite the ability's name, Contagion doesn't really behave like a contagion at all. Which is why it has been a popular suggestion within the forums to switch the names of Saryn's 1st ability with her 3rd. It makes more sense for Saryn's 3rd to be named "Venom" based on its mechanics. It produces toxins on Saryn's melee weapon which are then injected into a victim—much like venom (think of a venomous snake's bite). The augment "Contagion Cloud" could be renamed to "Toxic Cloud" or "Noxious Cloud." The name "Venom Cloud" would not make much sense as toxins are not being injected by a sharp object but are inhaled or absorbed by the enemy.

The values of the "Damage Multiplier" stat are not actual multipliers. Contagion behaves similar to a toxin damage mod; it adds a percentage of toxin damage that's calculated from the melee weapon's base damage. Against a charger (+25% slash damage), the Hate deals ( 9 + 9 + 42 x 1.25 ) x ( 1 + 2.2 ) = 225.6 damage with just +220% melee weapon base damage. With Contagion activated, the Hate deals ( 9 + 9 + 42 x 1.25 ) x ( 1 + 2.2 ) + 60 x ( 1 + 2.2 ) x 0.75 = 369.6 damage. There is no 1.75x damage multiplier present in the calculation.

"Damage Multiplier" should be renamed to "TOXIN DAMAGE %," and a value of "1" should be subtracted from each of the corresponding stat values. Finally, the stat values should be multiplied by "100" to convert them into percentages. At rank 3, the value should read "75" and not "1.75."

The "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Miasma

The all-important "POWER DURATION (SECONDS)" or "POWER DURATION (SEC)" stat should be included in Miasma's stats. Power duration plays a significant role in the calculation of Miasma's DPS. Contrary to a common belief I've seen on the forums, Miasma's total damage is not constant with varying amounts of power duration. Should the Ability UI be revamped in a future update, allowing players to see verbose statistics and incorporating stat values that change with equipped mods, it would be helpful to see just how much damage Miasma is dealing with various levels of power strength and power duration.

Trinity

gbhvmRz.jpg

Well of Life

There should be some indication of Well of Life's casting range which is affected by power range mods. To resolve this, a "POWER RANGE (METERS)" stat should be added with a corresponding value of "100." The "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Energy Vampire

Similar to Well of Life, there should be some indication of Energy Vampire's casting range. The current "Power Range (Meters)" stat should be renamed to "PULSE RADIUS (METERS)" or "PULSE RANGE (METERS)." A new stat named "POWER RANGE (METERS)" should be added with a corresponding value of "100." This value refers to the maximum distance an enemy can be targeted by Energy Vampire. Similar to Well of Life, this stat is also affected by power range mods.

There should be a "DAMAGE PER PULSE (%)" stat with a corresponding value of "6.25" to indicate the percentage of the enemy's remaining health (or 1/4 of the enemy's max health depending on what's larger) that is dealt as damage for every energy pulse. There could be a "NUMBER OF PULSES" stat with a value of "4" to show just how many pulses are emitted before Energy Vampire expires, or there could be a "MINIMUM DAMAGE" stat with a corresponding value of "5" to indicate the minimum amount of damage inflicted per pulse (adding both stats would exceed the six-stat limit).

Finally, the "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Link

Everything looks fine here with the exception of power duration. There should be a "POWER DURATION (SECONDS)" or "POWER DURATION (SEC)" stat to show how Link's duration changes with rank.

Blessing

"Restores the health and shields of all allies, while simultaneously providing a degree of damage immunity to the team. The greater the healing, the greater the immunity."

The description does not fit within the UI's boundaries. The comma after "allies" could be removed along with "simultaneously." The comma isn't required in that particular sentence, "while" already implies that the two effects occur simultaneously, and removing "simultaneously" might free up enough space to allow the description to fit. 

There should be a "LIFE RESTORE (%)" stat or a similarly-named stat with corresponding values of "40% / 50% / 75% / 80% " to indicate the percentage of an ally's total HP that's restored by Blessing. When this mechanic was introduced, Blessing's UI stats were never updated.

The "Power Duration" stat should have units.

Edited by PsycloneM

The items to enhance the Synthesis scanner needs clearer descriptions - there's no way to tell what they do by what (isn't) writen about them. Basically they are just icons with nothing telling you why you should buy them or what they do.

Can we count the Skana one?

SKANA:

"Before all other weapons, Tenno master the Skana. This simple blade becomes immensely powerful in the hands of a master. For Tenno, it is the foundation of their fighting style and a pillar of their culture."

I think this gives a false impression to new players on what they can await with the weapon, since it sounds like it gets passively stronger either with weapon level or mastery level, which is not the case.

Excluding adding mods (which make ANY weapon stronger) it remains in the same sad starter weapon tier of damage and speed.

Maybe it should get the description of being a training sword.

I wish we actually had a Skana that evolves with player mastery rank. Like around MR15 it becomes equivalent to normal Nikana, at MR30 it becomes most powerful weapon in the game. Dragon Skana? Soul Skana?

I find it interesting that obsolete descriptions are what DE cares about fixing, instead of the game's core problems, like the fact that the game isn't capable of having good endgame content with the current enemy scaling and armor mechanics, or the completely broken energy system that allows nearly infinite use of nuking abilities.

Good to know the players care about the game more than the devs do.

To be fair they need to do both. Fix the scaling and fix obnoxious descriptions.

Transient Fortitude's negative on duration is rounded up . . . yet it still has ".5%" on every other rank. If it is rounded up, just insert the rounded number! It makes it much easier to understand, and much less misleading. 

if you guys are planning to bring charge attacks back... why are you changing the weapon descripts if those descripts will be okay when charge attack comes back...

Because there's a possibility it won't be the same, nor work the same, and it's been a while since they updated us on charge attacks. Who knows if they will bring them back.

Lotus Assassination Intro VO is almost completely wrong in everything she says:

"Assassination contracts are not to be taken lightly. (They are, you will need to do them at least 3 times at least for a complete Warframe BP)

Eliminating this target will have significant impact on enemy forces. (It will make literally no impact whatsoever, unless its Phorid's Invasion)

Search the area, (Don't, follow the waypoint on your map)

leave no survivors" (Given grunts spawn endlessly this will be quite impossible)

I'm not saying she needs to give useful information- but I begin to mind it when she starts actively giving me false information.

I always took issuue witth Excaliburs description! 

A perfect balance of mobility and offense, Excalibur is the ideal Warframe for new players.

Especially afteer his  recent rework,  i feel that his deescription is not at all acurate anymore, it should describe his Theme as a Swordframe, 

not his demographic audience. Also maybe paying a little tribute to him being the first of all Warframes. It´s a minor issue sure, but it always bugged me.

I feel sometthing like this would be more apropiate: 

Excalibur´s mastery with Swords is unmatched!

His Legendary Sword provides him with great mobility as well as strong defensive and offensive Abilitys. 

The first Warframe is as versatille, as he is deadly!

Hope you consider changing his description.

greetings

r0ckwolf