Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing: Obsolete Descriptions.

[DE]Rebecca

Volt is not an "alternative to gunplay". You put up a shield and you SHOOT through it to do more damage... MAG is an alternative to gunplay because the only power Mag has that syncronizes with weapons is her 3 power Magnetic Feild. And no one uses it because her other 3 powers (the One, Two, and Four) are more powerful.

Warframes:

-> Of the Prime Warframes that have lore in theirs descriptions (Excal, Ember, Mag and Rhino) Excal and Ember normal counterparts also have the lore in their description instead of a description.

^this, I was really disappointed when I saw that none of the new primes or Frost had those lore short stories in their descriptions.

A few pages back it was mentioned that some of the planetary descriptions need updates. Oddly enough, Mercury was not cited as one of the examples: "The only remaining Orokin Towers are hidden here. The Grineer patrol this area to prevent Tenno incursion." While the Grineer patrol aspect is very much relevant to this day (being a Grineer-only map), the "only remaining Orokin Towers" aspect is not as - even if we're excluding Orokin Towers within the Void - DE has revealed that Luna is going to be crammed full of Orokin constructs.

The only way this description would remain relevant is if either the text is clarified to something like "The most intact-remaining Orokin Towers" (which may-or-may-not be accurate since we don't know what Luna's Towers are like), or if it turns out DE was hiding the location of the Twin Queens (strongly implied to be former Orokin Commanders) in plain sight all this time (which would also, conveniently, explain why the Grineer patrol so heavily to keep out the Tenno).

There is another description.

"Name: Dual Decurion.

[ARCHWING]

Delivering twin streams of highly accurate, rapid-fire ordnance, the Decurion are sepcifically designed for combat in the vacuum of space."

I can clearly say Dual Decurions dont deliver streams of highly accurate, rapid-fire ordnance. And i think that neither they are fit for combar in the vacuum of space. Please fix this description (or convince the Devs to fix the weapon :P) :3

charger- "fast with [size=5] weak [/size]claw attacks" doesn`t seem weak to me

Lancer- "heavily armored" out of place a bit, he`s squishy as ll

Commander- "heavily armored" how about "teleports" instead of that?

Heavy Gunners- "high damage minigun" pretty youdon`tsay-ish, I think we could use a bit info about the groundslam shiz they do

MOA, Corrupted crewman, orokin drone, corrupted lancer, corrupted MOA- don`t even have one

With the impending rework of Saryn's abilities just around the corner, I think it's a perfect time to finally correct a major error that's continued for long enough - swith the names of Venom and Contagion.

What is currently called ' Venom ' is an ability specifically designed to spread an infectious substance to other enemies - the definition of a contagion.

What is currently called ' Contagion ' is an ability that laces your melee with a poison that you inject into your enemies by striking them. Although this loosely fits with the definition of a contagion, calling it venom is far more accurate (think snakes here), especially since her other ability could be more perfectly described as a contagion.

I am convinced that the people at DE are intelligent individuals who originally intended these abilities to be named accurately, but that something got switched somewhere and it shipped backwards. Then, being established and having many more pressing things to work on, it went unfixed for years.

But now is the perfect time to correct this. Please, DE. Please. If not now, then when?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Within the last couple of weeks, you introduced the daily missions for Simaris which are shown to be in the section for syndicates. This is a good addition to the game; especially for those who got into doing missions for the Sanctuary, or who also liked the syndicate missions.

However, my feeling is there should be a little more direction on where to find these creatures Simaris wants us to locate. I can understand the rng factor involved with the quests should that be the way DE wants to approach it, but a little guidance on where to go for which creature would be a huge help. If you are going to put the missions in with the syndicates, it is my feeling along with other players of Warframe that are into Simaris that those missions should be shown like the other syndicate missions.

When you go to the Sanctuary, what he wants you to find and the reward for doing so are listed. The thing is the credit items can be farmed just about anywhere better than those for Simaris, so the natural tendency is not to waste time on something blindly going around chasing our tail. For me, I would do the daily missions just like I would a syndicate.

Other guys I have talked with agree with me on this point. I know of guys who will not do Simaris because there is no guidance. There is very little on the internet that gives guidance on this as well. Though it took me some time to figure out Simaris, I am sort of into his routine, but the lack of guidance has frustrated me to the point where I will look, but not give it a whole lot of attention and many others have flat given up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Could we possibly have lore snippets in our weapon descriptions? Like dark souls weapons and armor?

nothing earth(or moon)shattering, just a neat way of fleshing out the universe a bit.

each weapon having its own little story to tell would really be fun, but maybe thats just me

Could we possibly have lore snippets in our weapon descriptions? Like dark souls weapons and armor?

nothing earth(or moon)shattering, just a neat way of fleshing out the universe a bit.

each weapon having its own little story to tell would really be fun, but maybe thats just me

Large grineer/corpus explosive barrels (the ones that can damage environment) have the same description as normal exploding barrels. I think they need a description that points their speciality out, like: "Contains a highly volatile substance capable of damaging structures upon detonation".

Edited by Necrius

I have completed testing to show that a passive on the Zenurik skill tree doesn't work. Is the wording wrong?

Systemic Override: Void Pulse increases the efficiency of Warframe abilities for the duration of the mission. After using the 5 ability, the "increase of efficiency of Warframe abilities" doesn't exist. I have posted a thread in General Feedback explaining more in detail my experiments (https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/570349-zenurik-systemic-override-passive-broken/#entry6465831), but maybe the passive is not broken. Maybe the wording made me, and possibly others think "Warframe Power Efficiency", but that was not the intent?

In the interest of not making a separate thread I'd like to post a certain observation I made, here.

There appears to be a certain lack of consistency in regards to the perspective the descriptions of items are made from.

Some items are described with the acknowledgement of the game being a game.

Others are written as a purely lore entry on the item they describe.

I feel like that should not be the case, and seeing as certain prime entries are pretty big chunks of lore, a purely lore based viewpoint should be used.

I know it's not the right spot to put this, but I've been doing al lot of obsolete stuff, because not knowing rewards got a major overhaul.

Most noteworthy is waiting for the Alad V coordinates and trying to get forma where there ain't any.

Maintaining the descriptions is good and all. But basically to play the game - especially if you take quite a break - you have to consult the wiki or pester other people with questions to do it right beyond a certain point of progression.

Oberon 4th skills says it blinds enemies who are nearby an affected target and that such enemies werent affected by the skill. it may be only me but i dont see any blind effect (have the normal 4 sec duration and 4 meter range), instead of that i see a radiation effect on enemies affected by the skill, and such radiation effect is not mentioned in the skill at all.

Edited by Marbelik

MUTALIST ALAD V ASSASSINATE

Locate Vay Hek by analyzing the frequency output of a set of his beacons

Now, I'll be the first to admit that I am not a huge fan of Alad V, and will gladly make excuses to avoid contact with him, but I am pretty sure that in fact I will end up locating Alad V, not Vay Hek, by doing this. Especially since it's three Nav Coordinates, not three Beacons, that I'm using.