The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Valkyr Skin

S3EK3R

Yes! I'm going to insult the players who do not agree with my opinion! And I am going to do it in the most pitiful way possible! That's show how superior I am! YES! ME THE ÜBERMENSCH!

Seriously. Stop it. We get it! You do not like it. You like it. Nobody cares how many insults you can come up with.

Edited by S3EK3R

Yes! I'm going to insult the players who do not agree with my opinion! And I am going to do it in the most pitiful way possible! That's show how superior I am! YES! ME THE ÜBERMENSCH!

Hey, are you talking about how I behave... or are you talking about how fanboys are behaving towards me? Mmh?

Jurassic Park? I cant believe you actually LIKE that crap. Speilburg couldn't commit to using anamatronics or CGI and the visuals just end up looking bipolar because of it - especially as the CGI he uses gets more and more dated. And let's not get started on the story problems - for having spared "no expense" the Park seems to be in a pretty S#&$ state and have some stupid people working for it.

Predator? A pointless cash-in on Arnold's fame at the time, the only good thing to ever have come out of it was when they paired it with the Alien Franchise years later. Can't believe you think THAT'S good!

And A.I.? A.I.??? That is without doubt one of the WORST movies ever! For Speilburg trying to make it a tribute to his late friend's work it's just a load of garbage. Stupid visuals, dumbass attempt to sci-fi the Pinocchio story, and don't get me STARTED on that ending. Yeah, I know it was Kubrick's original idea - Kubrick's original idea was stupid.

And why am I not surprised your favorite play is some Italian foreign crap. JUST like your kind to pick out something from Europe and love it just because it's the cool, hipster thing to do. Can't realize when something's S#&$ for your own stupid fanboy love of it JUST because it comes from somewhere.

50a57ba66e0434daf77998c9dd9a631b50c28336

I still don't understand. Is this repaired Valkyr (i mean turned to her previous look, but still evil, angry Valkyr) or old Valkyr before she was tortured (so it doesn't make sense, if her 4-th ability will sound like "Hysteria")?

I still don't understand. Is this repaired Valkyr (i mean turned to her previous look, but still evil, angry Valkyr) or old Valkyr before she was tortured (so it doesn't make sense, if her 4-th ability will sound like "Hysteria")?

I believe they specifically said "Pre-Corpus" but for gameplay reasons, her powers will remain exactly the same.

I believe they specifically said "Pre-Corpus" but for gameplay reasons, her powers will remain exactly the same.

They could still change her sound bytes as that will have no effect on actual function of the powers.

Unfourtunately there is no such mention to her abilities in the stream. Perks of being concept art are that there is still things to be discussed.

What if she was always a berserker? Now what? o.0

I would give my theory but we'd fly off the on-topic rails. So here we go.

Think of abilities as unchanging. They are as much integrated to each tenno/warframe (/whatever you fancy) as dna is to humans. With the exception that they can be slightly changed by mods.

Think of why a baby (with powers) instead of a soldier was on the zariman. Unborn babies are more susceptible to certain changes. In this case strange energy.

Then there is the anomaly of the stalker. Even though he has (possibly) copied abilities they remain the same.

Even Alad wasn't able to copy abilities however (assumedly) was able to find a counter measure. Either from frame examination, void tech, or low guardians?

Primes are supposedly the better version of our regular frames but still have the same abilities.

Now with mods, if the abilities are like a muscle (it grows with each level) then mods are the nutrients to boost the muscle. However even with powerful nutrients (augments) it's still a muscle. The augment can add or redirect but the ability it's self can’t change. Tornadoes are still tornadoes, Frost's globe is still a globe, and Chroma’s breath is still breath.

So you (hopefully) see the pattern here? Unless our overlords at DE headquarters deem an ability in need of change, it doesn't change. But keep an open mind as DE might say "Salad actually did manage to change something inside the tenno." and hopefully provide some lore about abilities. Maybe just do the second part anyway.

Edited by Postal_pat

Unfourtunately there is no such mention to her abilities in the stream. Perks of being concept art are that there is still things to be discussed.

Look at it from a gameplay perspective: It's a skin, aesthetic, not a new frame. Like the proto skins, Hayden Tenno couldn't launch energy swords of himself, but Proto Excal skin has the same powers as regular Excal, nothing changed.

My personal take on this is that it will be as if we took the armor and parts that were stripped off of Valkyr and put them back on her - which will undo the physical damage, but the mental scars from it, and however else one would think such an experience would alter a personality, will remain. The singular Tenno we play can switch between the Warframes, but the Warframes aren't JUST suits of armor - I say they're living creatures of their own right, unable to act on their own accord but having fragments of personality (Animation Stances) that feed back onto the Tenno wearing them.

Interesting point, after Valkyr was released I was one of the ones asking at least a repaired Valkyr meshswap, without the forearm restraints, the neck restraints, and a repaired helmet.

If I remember correctly, Mynki said that the forearm restraints were required for the Hysteria power to look right, in that there is noting to the 'spikes' if the blocks were removed.

So it is possible that some work will be done to the power FX for the pre-corpus version.

No release date announcement.

Shown in Devstream.

I totally want this.

I'M SO EXCITED! OMG OMG OMG!

DISCUSS!

V2otoNh.jpg

So I was noticing the sorta "blade" on her elbow here... and you know... Chroma has those too....

http://i.imgur.com/h9n68Th.jpg *Picture for reference. 

HMMMMMM.... 

By the by DE, WHEN'S THE ETA ON THIS SKIN?!

Edited by Slander630

-snip-

Of course she was a berzerker, it's that alad made her a rage-filled berzerker (great job alad, of all the frames you could've pissed off you picked the berzerker -_- ) Anyway, it wouldn't make sense if her pre corpus version were also rage filled. That would mean alad actually did nothing and lore is broken. :/

Anyway, here's something to think about: Alad is the reason our current valk doesn't have a tail. Anyone wanna go beat him up some more?

Anyway, here's something to think about: Alad is the reason our current valk doesn't have a tail. Anyone wanna go beat him up some more?

I'd rather thank him for removing it.

Isn't it fun to see how the opinions on the tale polarize?

You either love it, or you hate it XD

I'd rather thank him for removing it.

Isn't it fun to see how the opinions on the tale polarize?

You either love it, or you hate it XD

Or you're like me and me and you don't care either way.