Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Excalibur Helmet

Thalahssalyst

We're about to have that option with this upcoming skin.

Doesn't mean all that mental pain is gone. She LITERALLY had her flesh tore off of her. That's not going just leave when we put a new layer of armor on her to replace what was used to armor up Zanuka (no, really, compare the color of this art to Zanuka. It's crazy how close they are).

thats the thing though. the mental pain is in the suit itself. not the tenno. its weird that you can be using your frost and being all nice and cool headed (pun intended) and go bonkers by putting on your valkyr. thats just weird

thats the thing though. the mental pain is in the suit itself. not the tenno. its weird that you can be using your frost and being all nice and cool headed (pun intended) and go bonkers by putting on your valkyr. thats just weird

Keep in mind that the Warframes are more than just suits of armor as we know them - knights and samurai decked in armor. The Warframes seem to be their own kind of living creature, likely stemming from the Infestation's flesh - be it Technocyte or not - as the subtle strings from Rhino Prime Codex to Lephantis and back suggest. To this extent, there are likely fractions of personality within it - as we see with even the hivemind infested bosses - that can be twisted, tortured, and altered.

Think to the Warframe stances, the Noble and Agile, and how wildly different they can be despite the singular Tenno wearing them. Ash's noble stands silent, arms crossed, While Mirage blows kisses to an imagine audience. Limbo reclines back in his agile stance, while Zephyr takes to a sprinting position. There's something in the Warframes themselves, the Tenno pilots them, wears them, but I'd say the connection between Frame and Tenno.

Keep in mind that the Warframes are more than just suits of armor as we know them - knights and samurai decked in armor. The Warframes seem to be their own kind of living creature, likely stemming from the Infestation's flesh - be it Technocyte or not - as the subtle strings from Rhino Prime Codex to Lephantis and back suggest. To this extent, there are likely fractions of personality within it - as we see with even the hivemind infested bosses - that can be twisted, tortured, and altered.

Think to the Warframe stances, the Noble and Agile, and how wildly different they can be despite the singular Tenno wearing them. Ash's noble stands silent, arms crossed, While Mirage blows kisses to an imagine audience. Limbo reclines back in his agile stance, while Zephyr takes to a sprinting position. There's something in the Warframes themselves, the Tenno pilots them, wears them, but I'd say the connection between Frame and Tenno.

I know I go a bit overboard with the 40k references sometimes, but maybe sort of along the lines of the Eldar Exarchs?

Each frame seems to have a unique character to it, what if these frames are patterned after the original user, and when another tenno puts on a frame of that type they take on characteristics of the original so they can better use the frame?

I know I go a bit overboard with the 40k references sometimes, but maybe sort of along the lines of the Eldar Exarchs?

Each frame seems to have a unique character to it, what if these frames are patterned after the original user, and when another tenno puts on a frame of that type they take on characteristics of the original so they can better use the frame?

Aye, I recall that theory being mentioned from and I really do like it. The only hiccup, again, being Valkyr - as Alad V's tamperings have been implied to have altered whatever personality she had before. But perhaps that was merely the "original" Valkyr, and the rest are made and 'recreated' on th model of this new one rather than the past?

Aye, I recall that theory being mentioned from and I really do like it. The only hiccup, again, being Valkyr - as Alad V's tamperings have been implied to have altered whatever personality she had before. But perhaps that was merely the "original" Valkyr, and the rest are made and 'recreated' on th model of this new one rather than the past?

Due to the nature of the Valkyr series of Warframes being first found after Alad V got his hands on it, it seems plausible that the Tenno just didn't have the required information to 'work backwards' from what was before us. The Pre-Corpus one could be fluffed out to be the result of all the Spy and Capture operations around the Zanuka project, so the Lotus and Tenno have been able to actually create a restored 'original' physique.

Nonetheless, we'll have to see, but considering the earlier comment about the Agile/Noble stances, the fact that Valkyr's Agile is more 'I'm going to maul you' and the Valkyr Noble is almost aloof (suitable for all the cat traits going) by contrast.

It could simply be that the Valkyr series before Zanuka Project was the 'Tranquil Fury' type of Berserker; cold, calculated but without any specific grievance. The Valkyr series post Zanuka have a very contemporary reason to have absolutely no reservations for mutilating things (to say nothing of my standing thought that the high armour alludes to no longer being able to feel things as a result of the damage and so battle is trying to find a way to feel something).

All conjecture mind, but I'm certainly in accord about the different frames having some sort of 'archetype' that a Tenno must learn and reconcile with; again, Affinity seems to me a good way to suggest a Tenno and a Warframe learning to work together in a sense...but I admit I have a soft spot for symbiont scenarios.

Time will tell.

Due to the nature of the Valkyr series of Warframes being first found after Alad V got his hands on it, it seems plausible that the Tenno just didn't have the required information to 'work backwards' from what was before us. The Pre-Corpus one could be fluffed out to be the result of all the Spy and Capture operations around the Zanuka project, so the Lotus and Tenno have been able to actually create a restored 'original' physique.

Nonetheless, we'll have to see, but considering the earlier comment about the Agile/Noble stances, the fact that Valkyr's Agile is more 'I'm going to maul you' and the Valkyr Noble is almost aloof (suitable for all the cat traits going) by contrast.

It could simply be that the Valkyr series before Zanuka Project was the 'Tranquil Fury' type of Berserker; cold, calculated but without any specific grievance. The Valkyr series post Zanuka have a very contemporary reason to have absolutely no reservations for mutilating things (to say nothing of my standing thought that the high armour alludes to no longer being able to feel things as a result of the damage and so battle is trying to find a way to feel something).

All conjecture mind, but I'm certainly in accord about the different frames having some sort of 'archetype' that a Tenno must learn and reconcile with; again, Affinity seems to me a good way to suggest a Tenno and a Warframe learning to work together in a sense...but I admit I have a soft spot for symbiont scenarios.

Time will tell.

it's not a matter of not being able to recreate the original frames, I completely agree with you that we simply don't have the information anymore to recreate undamaged Valkyr from the ground up - we can only re-armor the ones that have already been tortured.

The issue I was citing was that if the idea behind the Warframes was we wear them and do a sort of roleplaying method-acting mode to really be able to master them - becoming the "original wearers" of the Warframes - then why would tearing apart the Valkyr leave the personality altered into a raging, scared, and tormented creature? Or was she just like that before? Kinda cheapens the theme to think that.

I too believe in this symbiotic relationship they share. I see it as each helping to inform the other.

The Tenno is the dominant personality, the driving force and pilot of the frame, the source of energy to fuel the frame.

The Warfarme lends parts of its own personality, grants it's durability to an otherwise armor-less Tenno, it's abilities.

So while the Tenno would roughly be the same person in frame, they might act in subtly off ways when wearing different frames - a Tenno known for being calm and cool and focused might become moreso while wearing Ash, but while wearing Mirage or Limbo they are a little more outgoing.

It's actually an interesting thought to consider how this would inform Tenno society and clans - and kinda lends itself to the idea of the Tenno identifying themselves not by their own identifies but by those of the Warframes.

As for different personalities of Valkyr: I still like to imagine that Valkyr Prime will take on more of a blood knight "yes! more fighting! I love war!" approach than "Valkyr smash and kill! blaralraghralra!" personality.

it's not a matter of not being able to recreate the original frames, I completely agree with you that we simply don't have the information anymore to recreate undamaged Valkyr from the ground up - we can only re-armor the ones that have already been tortured.

The issue I was citing was that if the idea behind the Warframes was we wear them and do a sort of roleplaying method-acting mode to really be able to master them - becoming the "original wearers" of the Warframes - then why would tearing apart the Valkyr leave the personality altered into a raging, scared, and tormented creature? Or was she just like that before? Kinda cheapens the theme to think that.

Perhaps the argument is that, because of the damage to the body, the ability to faithfully communicate the 'role' is damaged as well, as what is more the 'ideal' of Valkyr is lost in what is now the 'state' of Valkyr. If Warframes are a means to understand an idea, like a recording is how one listens/watches a prior event, damaging that interface would affect the information that gets through.

Whilst I can't pretend I'm exactly going to make much sense, I suppose we could think of it like the two states of Valkyr would be like the different interpretations of the Tarot cards depending on their facing?

If drawn upright, the card's message is positive. If drawn upside down, the card's message is negative.

In the case of the Warframes, if they're sort of a totemic medium to understand the greater 'symbol' they represent, then damaging that medium is going to damage that message in some way. Considering the possibility they're 'alive' in a sense, it makes sense that a damaged Warframe will have the Warframe's own grievances bleed into the 'telling'. Could even be that the Valkyr currently is just the frame itself, without any 'higher' affectation any more as it's understandably preoccupied with its own problems.

There's a way to make it work, because I think we're going to see a big debate if it seems like the whole deal is getting Retconned. Suppose we'll need to be patient, perhaps.

I too believe in this symbiotic relationship they share. I see it as each helping to inform the other.

The Tenno is the dominant personality, the driving force and pilot of the frame, the source of energy to fuel the frame.

The Warfarme lends parts of its own personality, grants it's durability to an otherwise armor-less Tenno, it's abilities.

So while the Tenno would roughly be the same person in frame, they might act in subtly off ways when wearing different frames - a Tenno known for being calm and cool and focused might become moreso while wearing Ash, but while wearing Mirage or Limbo they are a little more outgoing.

It's actually an interesting thought to consider how this would inform Tenno society and clans - and kinda lends itself to the idea of the Tenno identifying themselves not by their own identifies but by those of the Warframes.

As for different personalities of Valkyr: I still like to imagine that Valkyr Prime will take on more of a blood knight "yes! more fighting! I love war!" approach than "Valkyr smash and kill! blaralraghralra!" personality.

I'm always of the view that there are Tenno who are emphatically favoured of certain Warframes; they're just too 'comfortable' in a way to really separate them in a conventional sense.

Socially, I suppose it would be interesting how they may, or may not, resist these aspects. Of course, their intent to resist a certain Warframe's influence or nature would be why they don't have a good Affinity with it. Certainly a lot more significant than a "I can use a Mag but I'm not really as happy as when using Zephyr" for example sake.

I suppose that a Tenno has an identity, and, if they have some manner of unique name (for sheer convenience of communication really), perhaps they append it with their Current or favoured frame if not wearing (whatever the mechanics are).

And I suppose, leading on from the 'role/ideal/totem/thing' the Warframe may represent, and yet it's rather open to interpretation from the wearer, the Tenno-Warframe relationship must have some manner of impact on their (implied) spiritual and philosophical discussions. I mean, I find it entirely plausible different Tenno using Ash frames would debate the 'true' use of the Ash or its significance, similar to how folks differ on how one should use it. Might sound foolish but...well, it's what I have to work with as of the moment.

Heck, case and point, arguably our 'What Valkyr really is' discussion would be an example of this sort of nature of the society.

Bah. I keep looking at all I've written and feeling like I'm making a horrible mess of what I'm trying to say. Apologies.