Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Is Good?

ShawnV2

I'm confused? Why do people say this is a good weapon? In my opinion it's just terrible. I mean not that the damage is bad or anything, but man that ammo consumption is just horrible. Ammo mutation hardly does anything for it. I don't know maybe i'm just too used to my quanta.

That's the point.

It's amazing for about a minute and then it dies so you can't sweep it over everything that moves.

It's not a gun you can just solo everything with anymore. It's a handheld death ray you bring out when you need to smite something in a hurry, and then unequip so you can suck up some more ammo passively while your primary kills things.

Also, if you have any fire rate that isn't Lethal Torrent on it... don't.

Edited by FelisImpurrator

It used to have absurd ammo economy, not so much anymore with its consume 7.5 ammo per second of fire time but it still quite capable as a weapon if you can reduce the enemies' armor first. The high base damage before got around the high armor's damage mitigation, but if your team has 4 Corrosive Projections you can still do around the same numbers with a much worse ammo economy.

Funny enough the first version of the sidearm was actually worse than the regular Gammacor, it was made better with a high base damage and slower attack speed after the devs listened to forum critiques about the weapon, then it was made into its current version after many players complained that it was too good and invalidated using other weapons. Similar complaints were made before about the Penta and Ogris and will be made about other weapons down the road. 

Edited by Urlan

It has gotten a bad rep because of the poor ammo economy, which forced most people to drop a fire rate mod, which really damages its dps from its pre-nerf counterpart.

Regardless, it is still a fantastic weapon if you can handle the cons.

And yes, it should not be used like a Quanta in any respect :P.

Edited by R34LM

I'm confused? Why do people say this is a good weapon? In my opinion it's just terrible. I mean not that the damage is bad or anything, but man that ammo consumption is just horrible. Ammo mutation hardly does anything for it. I don't know maybe i'm just too used to my quanta.

It isnt any good. Dont bother with it, its mastery fodder now. What people fail to mention is that its range, at 25m, is abysimal for such a weapon.

If you want your times worth, get a vaykor,secura cestras, akbolto

The other syndicate weapons are mastery fodder, or if you are feeling lucky, try the sancti castanas.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

I like to describe it as turning the Star Chart into a "point-and-click adventure". It still has phenomenal damage, you just have to be more conscious of ammunition and fire in small bursts. Personally I also like to use Seeker on it just to kill multiple enemies with a single burst.

Quanta is still the best laser weapon though :)

I would like them to 2x the damage and half the fire rate so it would do the same damage but a bit more ammo efficiency. They did nerf it way to hard in my opinion. The original buff was also to much tho, It got 7x the damage now it has 7x the fire rate with a damage nerf.

Overreaction much?

Ammo economy was the main reason for using the synoid. Despite all of the DPS modding, it really caught on because it could crank damage out for so long. But yeah, selling it is a bit of an overreaction since there's always the chance of DE fixing it. But I do see why someone would never want to use it atm, and there are much much better secondary choices anyway.

I can still run it for 40 mins of t4s without using ammo restores or mutation.

Its a matter of accuracy and trigger discipline but if you actually hit your targets you can expect it to last you long enough before you need to switch.

Also if you cant aim for S#&$, its still highest dps machine pistol in game.

Synoid gammacor

http://goo.gl/dfh54i

26k sustained, 35k burst with no possibility of running out of ammo and you dont need primed, even rank 5 ammo mutation would be enough.

Vaykor marelok

http://goo.gl/cBpNRg

22k sustained, 40k burst, but empties clip in less than 2,5second unlike gammacor which takes over 6 seconds.

Edited by Davoodoo

Overreaction much?

The probability that they will touch it ever again is very low.

The time you could hold and fiire went from 30 seconds to 10 without mods. This killed the weapon for me. Its DPS doesnt matter if I have to reload constantly. You guys can sugarcoat it as much as you want, this thing is nothing more than glorified mastery fodder. If the nerf was all about Ammo efficiency, its Ammo pool should be 3 times what we have right now.

At 450 mag size, 1500 ammo pool.

I really find the assertion "Use it as a scalpel" very amusing.

You know, you can bring a scalpel to a sword fight or a gun figh all you please.

I had this weapon with 4 formas and a catalyst and it got turned into a joke. I wouldnt even have minded it they just decreased the DPS, but nope

Im just glad I bought it for plat and didnt grind for it. Total loss of value, 4 forma=40p, Catalys 20p, bought price, 60p

= 120p lost. But at least it was fun while it was useful.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

You guys can sugarcoat it as much as you want, this thing is nothing more than glorified mastery fodder.

I'm genuinely trying very hard not to be flippant, but it is so hard to take you seriously when you say things like this.

Maybe it's a good thing you sold it. Everyone knows it's not as good as before, but hyperbole just gets you nowhere.

Edited by vaugahn

It isnt any good. Dont bother with it, its mastery fodder now. What people fail to mention is that its range, at 25m, is abysimal for such a weapon.

If you want your times worth, get a vaykor,secura cestras, akbolto

The other syndicate weapons are mastery fodder, or if you are feeling lucky, try the sancti castanas.

Thanks for being cancer.  Your attitude is appreciated!

I'm genuinely trying very hard not to be flippant, but it is so hard to take you seriously when you say things like this.

Maybe it's a good thing you sold it. Everyone knows it's not as good as before, but hyperbole just gets you nowhere.

Nothin wrpmg with what I said.. Some people maybe can find some use to it, but not for me.

Thanks for being cancer.  Your attitude is appreciated!

Attitude? There is nothing wrong wit saying that its glorified mastery fodder.

You know the stats, whats there to argue? You know, this wouldnt be much of a discussion if there werent people who had different ideas on some things.

Would you like it if Dread or or other weapons suddenly have a completely different way of handling them? How about making the firerate of the dread lower than opticor?

I am within my rights to show my displeasure and reasons why the SGammacor was over nerfed. It was nerfed twice, ammo efficiency and ammo capacity and if you want, indirect DPS nerf by making it impossible to use the earlier loadouts.

It was OP`? Why then not nerf the damage? But right now, I sold it. So I dont care about it.

Im outta here.

Problem with the ammo efficiency nerf is that it takes time for the beam to extend, wasting ammo unnecessarily. Also, the gun feels completely different to use now, and that was a very poor way of handling the gun. Fix that and please don't make it a 7.5x nerf, maybe 2.5-4x compared to before will be fine.

The "mastery fodder" attitude is a driving force behind the powercreep that has ruined the balance of this game.  This game used to be about choosing your favorite equipment options and having fun.  Now it's about CCing everything on the map and using a handful of overpowered options to trivialize gameplay.