Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Is Good?

ShawnV2

It isnt any good. Dont bother with it, its mastery fodder now. What people fail to mention is that its range, at 25m, is abysimal for such a weapon.

If you want your times worth, get a vaykor,secura cestras, akbolto

The other syndicate weapons are mastery fodder, or if you are feeling lucky, try the sancti castanas.

Because extension mods don't exist.

Also, the gammacor outperforms the cestras even with throwing away three mod slots for ammo, punch though and range. That's just how bad the Cestras are.

Except for that it flies in the face of common sense and reality, but other than that...

Thats your opinion.

Because extension mods don't exist.

Also, the gammacor outperforms the cestras even with throwing away three mod slots for ammo, punch though and range. That's just how bad the Cestras are.

I dont have to prove anything. If you think the sgmmacor is great. More power to you. I sold mine.

The cestras and the gammacor are now in the same category.

I read the Grakata is nice. Ill give that one a try. WF wiki says its just mastery fodder. Oh well...

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Thats your opinion.

Well...not really. Statistically it's better than not only most of the syndicate weapons but also most of the weapons in the game. Gameplay backs this up, and if it was really as bad as you claimed it wouldn't be the staple sidearm in every high level mission I've played. It's still very good.

Also, so much for:

Im outta here.

The "mastery fodder" attitude is a driving force behind the powercreep that has ruined the balance of this game.  This game used to be about choosing your favorite equipment options and having fun.  Now it's about CCing everything on the map and using a handful of overpowered options to trivialize gameplay.  

About that, I attribute the "mastery fodder" attitude to how quickly some of the best gear can be obtained early on, and consequently how quickly the mid-game (i.e. star chart) is burned through.  Low/mid-tier "mastery fodder" weapons would have a lot more value if (1) the mid-game had some longevity or merit to it, and (2) obviously the high tier weapons were locked as a late-game achievement, like attaining higher mastery ranks or something.

Edited by Sonitorum

The Synoid Gammacor is a Kamehameha; it melts holes in everything, you can't sustain it for long, and it takes a lot out of you. I love the little thing, and have found much what others have already said; it's a good burst weapon, one of the best... it's just more of a panic button than anything else, and trying to use it as a sustained-output weapon is like trying to catch rain with a sieve. X3

Edited by WolvenEdge

If you don't like using it because it's not something that can be used like a Quanta that's fine. However the the idea that its a defective weapon, because you can only use if inefficiently, at the cost of emptying your clip, doesn't hold up at all.

From personal use, I still take it to raids and wipe thru whole groups Grineer, when I need to EV for my raid quickly, without using up what most would consider "much of the clip". Regular missions like a long survival, its total ammo capacity starts to hamper around 30-40 mins, BUT so does any other gun that has ammo issues, generally speaking.