Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Test Chamber

Xilver7

As we all know, if you want a new warframe, you have two options concerning obtaining a new one: you buy it or build it. Buying it costs you $5 to $30, and building it takes 3 1/2 days of building, and however many more hours to grind. Then when you have it, if you end up not liking it, you either need to deal with it, sell it, or buy more slots for a new one and repeat the process over again. It's not something you'd want to go through.

What I suggest is we get a mission selectable from either the planets view or even the arsenal, where we can choose a warframe to go into a test chamber with. In the chamber, you have infinite energy and health, and can test out the frame on dummies or real enemies. Of course, no exp would be earned here. and you'd be equipped with default weapons (or what you're currently using). This would allow a player to see what the frame plays like, and decide if it's worth working towards.

Now why do I think this is a good suggestion? If you haven't heard of the game SMITE, it's a MOBA game in beta, adding gods every few weeks. In the game, you're able to enter practice matches against AI bots with any of the gods in the game, whether you've bought them or not. Being able to play as and experiment with the gods makes me want to buy the god pack more and more as gods are added. If a similar system was implemented into Warframe, people could make better decisions on what they want.

TL;DR - Use any warframe for free in a solo testing chamber mission, without any rewards.

This is a great idea! It takes a lot of effort or a lot of money to make warframes,and you shouldn't go disappointed if it doesn't match your play style. Being able to test out each warframe before actually buying/crafting it is very useful.