Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion For Uber Skills.

ChaotikDreamz

Hi, All and DE

Gonna make a few suggestions sure alot will argue and alot might be for it so either way i'll try to explain the best i can.

The uber skills AKA. the 4 button. These skills use the most power and well some of them have been nerfed,killed,made useless, or just plan are useless from the get go. I know everyone wants some sort of dispairity on their frames and what not. So some suggestions to maybe make the uber skill a lil less likely of being nerfed but yet give the player that all sense of yes that was awesome but not breaking the game.

IMO the uber skill should be basically the "Oh! S#&$!" button. Basically to be used in situations where you may have biten off more then your frame could chew. So here goes,

1: Make them require more power also when increasing the level of the skill would thus increase its power usage. This would bring into 2 things - 1 Players would possibly focus a little more on the other 3 remaining skills. And wouldn't bring the "Oh S#&$" button into play till their frame has aquired enough power to consider useage. This would also bring in do i burn all my power now or save it for that i'm in trouble moment.

2: Make Uber skill UBER. Kill set number of mobs in a limited range no matter whats in the range - not including Bosses. At the cost of all your power including Flow, Streamline will have to effect on power usage.

3: Make this skill be the only one that has a cool down this would demote just wondering around pressing 4 allday. Having a I win button.

4: Make this skills animation extremely long. What you say why. this would demote spamming and promote finding other means of using the uber as it would take forever to use. Now you say ok animation is long i am going to get killed alot. No this would come with changes - Ex. Full invincabilty durning animation. Good Over powered fun, But limited to a set number of kills only per uber usage.

5: Basically like 3 minus the extremely long part just make it to where it will only kill a set number of mobs no more no less. This would promte a lil thought to using the uber as you need to wait for mobs to get near or waste it on one mob.

6: Toughen up the AI a bit give them a lil more defense.

7: Add in some sort of complimentary Ubers. Make ubers in some way if use together they become really powerful. But if used alone their kinda just meh skills. This would promote teamplay in a Co-Op.

8: LOL! maybe use all suggestions and call it a day.

As the game really stands now it's just aimlessly running around pressing 4 or possibly 2 keys. or just shooting kinda defeats having cool skills to have fun with.

I am sure others can come up with some other ways to limit usage of the uber skill but try this approach of slighty tweaking it's availibity of usage instead of nerfing them into nothingness and this just becomes a shooter with MMO skill that never get touched.

But seriously though DE instead of nerfing the uber skill which hey it's meant to be uberific. Just tweak its usability and spammability. Instead of making it kinda meh.

Me i am a personal fan of #2 Make Uber skill UBER. Kill set number of mobs in a limited range no matter whats in the range - not including Bosses. At the cost of all your power including Flow, Streamline will have to effect on power usage. This defines the "Oh! S#&$!" button. 1 use gets the job done but left re-filling and searching for blue balls. Also with this should come mobs don't drop blue balls. Only lockers and crates. This would put more focus into engery siphon,Flow, and streamline. And more thought into using other skils. If you want to be a AoE nuke build wisely.

So you want all of our Ultimate skills to do the exact same thing? Why would i equip Streamline and Flow if my Ult was going to take away all 487 (633 effective) Energy to do pretty much what World on Fire does anyways? I do not see this as a good idea by any means. That would only further reinforce 'I HAVE to save my Energy, because what if i can't afford my Ult when i need it?' 

Edited by Syllabea