Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Drop System.

DaoZa

How does Vauban drop?

Do I get it randomly after finishing an alert, kinda like how you can get banshee parts after finishing a mission? Because if so, that finally gives me some incentive to run those 2000 cred only alerts! That would be great!

If not, then that leaves it to be a mystery reward alert, and that's... Kinda lame. That's basically muliplying the glaive problem by 3 times. I'm pretty sure no one wants to spend so much time waiting for Bom-Bom parts 24 hours a day. Even worse this just pollutes the item pool with 3 new items that will bother players weeks from now, when Vauban stops being desirable and all.

Edited by DaoZa

I ended up buying him, but I agree with Daoza about the pollution of the item pool. By the time VAUBAN -- Vauban becomes common, he'll end up having lost his flair etc.. *Sigh* I was one of the few who maxed him out within 24 hours of him being out.. and I have to say I love the way he plays.. but in fear of an instant-nerf on his behalf, I will only say that I think he was well balanced from the start. The rest is just minor tweaking. 

To those of you who want to earn him without buying him, I'm always willing to help out on runs for his "?" alerts. Good luck <3

Don't keep your hopes up of getting Vauban BP parts free so soon.

If there are alerts they will be very limited for now as DE would rather have all you people cave and buy the warframe first.

If I were DE I would.

Don't keep your hopes up of getting Vauban BP parts free so soon.

If there are alerts they will be very limited for now as DE would rather have all you people cave and buy the warframe first.

If I were DE I would.

Luckily, DE as far as we know aren't A******s.

I'm assuming there's gonna be at least one part before Monday.

^^ Passive aggressive remark to my "If I were DE I would" in protest to no Vauban alert yet.

We are all so quick to call people names when hiding behind the safety of anonymity.

DE like any business wants to make money, and to make money is to hold out on new things for a while till sales start to drop a little and before no drops gets too long in the tooth for the patient people.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that DE were decent devs. They did this with the Glaive and they made money off of the too-high prices and lack of availability at launch. They know most of the community hates the alert system, and if they didn't before the Glaive fiasco made it impossible to not notice. At least since I've been around, DE has proven to be another failure in terms of managing a game properly. Bad business, purposefully poor game mechanics, and a lack of respect for the feedback they get from their fans. 

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that DE were decent devs. They did this with the Glaive and they made money off of the too-high prices and lack of availability at launch. They know most of the community hates the alert system, and if they didn't before the Glaive fiasco made it impossible to not notice. At least since I've been around, DE has proven to be another failure in terms of managing a game properly. Bad business, purposefully poor game mechanics, and a lack of respect for the feedback they get from their fans. 

When all the feedback for 4 FREAKIN HOURS post-patch was the equivalency of 'you broke it now it sucks'? I don't blame them.

^^ Passive aggressive remark to my "If I were DE I would" in protest to no Vauban alert yet.

We are all so quick to call people names when hiding behind the safety of anonymity.

DE like any business wants to make money, and to make money is to hold out on new things for a while till sales start to drop a little and before no drops gets too long in the tooth for the patient people.

Nobody would have crafted Vauban yet even if there had been 1 or 2 alerts, reason there aren't any is probably cause they haven't even enabled em yet. To make sure noone can get it any other way then buying it with real money atm.

Actually, RNG is RNG. The Glaive alert came just 3 days after the Glaive was released. If you couldn't wait the long, sucks to be you.

Nobody would have crafted Vauban yet even if there had been 1 or 2 alerts, reason there aren't any is probably cause they haven't even enabled em yet. To make sure noone can get it any other way then buying it with real money atm.

Highly doubt that. It's just that the RNG is over-saturated with possible rewards to choose from, and the last day has just been unlucky for the number of ? alerts.

I guess I'm one of the few that likes the alert system.

And like Notso said, RNG is RNG. Most, including myself, do not like RNG due to (for the lack of better term) gambling aspect, but considering many things are attainable without the alert system, I like it. It makes the few items that are available much rare. And RE: the fiasco - I can see why people were upset over the Glaive and now upset over Vauban, but IMO it's a matter of patience.

Lets put on our tinfoil hats did you know a few days after the glaive was relased the alert sytem broke and the server went down. Now either A. The first alert was a glaive and it broke the system. or B. They ended up making a mistake putting a glaive in the alert drop tables and broke the servers then. But it also happened late at night server time and they fixed it pretty quick does it mean they have a very good crew for server upkeep or were they already there because they were adding the glaive to the alert pool. Now is DE being sneak and adding a peroid of time where the alert can not happen to make sure it stays a platnum exclusuive. Were those first 3 days to make sure the glaive did not appear on the alerts too early.

Also

Lets say you play from 8 PM to 3AM thats 7 hours a day. Leaving the rest for real life.

If you been playing those hours every day from the release of the glaive thats 182 hours of play time.

You have 0 glaives.

Gaming 7 hours a day for 26 days 182 hours of play time and 0 glaive alerts during that timeframe. Its kinda soul crushing.

Psst banshee helm 2 alerts 28 days and one of the new frames parts is gonna be an alert as rare as a helmet. Have fun wating 14 days between chances at the systems and hope you don't miss it. Well a third helm dropped breaking the pattern but it still was 28 days for the first 2 helmets appeared on alerts. Good luck if you miss one.

What i "think" was supposed to be a post with something meaningfull about statistics.

Please read up a bit on statistics. Unless you want to use them like a politician? if you do, carry on ;)

i can recommend having a look here at as start on the topic.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/45426-please-read-this-before-posting-about-drop-rates/#entry455837

As a "counter" offer to your 28 day "claim".

How about the times where helmets have shown up 3-6 (or more)times in a week ?

Speculation about "how" the function that handles the ?alerts work are way past meaningless because we dont have any info on how it actually works. We have the end result, thats all.

No amount of yelling/begging/running-on-the-walls will make it so that you can predict "how" a rng system works based on the outcome of it.

So from start to end, its pure speculation.

Edited by Naed

Regarless of if they added or not - the fact that you need 3 unique BP-s that are not duplicates is going to push the time into weeks.

3x parts + filan BP take 4 days and 12h (assuming you time it perfectly and got all the materials already).

Now lets say  we are lucky and  get 1 part / week  that is within our playtime when we can do the alert.

That makes it at least around a month. The platinum cost should have been way higher to match the farming difficulty (like most frames can be farmed within a day and finished in the next 4 days). If the frame can up to 5-10x mroe time, cost should be equally 5-10x higher.

Unless you want to use them like a politician? if you do, carry on ;)

Its exactly how I am using it I even had the consparicy theroy at the start. Its not complaining about how the random works .I am complaining how random is a bad system to use. The fact its been 29 days with no alerts in that timeframe is true. Im outlining the worst case scenario if a person has a schedule. There is no effort to farm the item its just are you able to get to warframe during the time peroid an alert is up. The person playing for 189 hours has a 0% chance of obtaining a glaive blueprint. Im calling the actual odds of a blueprint drop not of the alert popping in that time. This is gameplay time vs staring at twitter.

If i was complaining about statatics for drop rates then it would have a chance to drop. Right now the post you linked had

N refers to "the expected number of runs to get drop X"

P(X = Y) means the probability that the result of the test X is specific result Y

N is infinity in that time period. If there was a .000001% chance to drop it would be infinately better than the current drop rates. There will always be a time when n= infinity until they put a glaive alert period at every time peroid but well it took 6 days for first glaive alert and theres 48 1/2 hour chunks per day so. Thats about 288 days before there will not be a point where n= infinity. Lets not forget repeated time slots and adding more items to the alert pool to reduce the odds of a glaive. So I can expect it will be most likely a year before i have a chance at a glaive at lets say 1:30 am. Now statistics may say its not likley to be this but it does leave this as a very possible scenario. At any of the n= infinity when you do the run the odds of being one of the people who have to run again because it didnt drop does not go down.

I can take oh it has a 5% chance ot drop and I did 200 runs an didn't get the item. The odds of doing 200 runs without a drop is possible and has a very low odds of happening. I would be angry at my luck because I should have gotten it in around 1/10th the time but atleast the drop was possible. Atleast then I can hate the rng instead of the designers of the system.

Edited by Meltina

Wait, what's with all this math, and DE hate? Sure it seems suspisious, but that's how companies make money. It's just bothering how hard it is to get when it is "released". No one is gonna want Vauban parts coming up weeks from now when everyone and their mother has Vauban.