Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban's Drop System.

DaoZa

If Vauban can be build from alert soon after release, i can guarantee you players who bought Vauban with plat will file a complain to DE. That's mean bad for business, why players shell some money if the ingame item/content they bought will be easily obtainable in short period.

Mind you, nobody complains how LoL selling ingame item/content runs but heck they running pretty dang good.

It's free already so stop complaining.

Its exactly how I am using it I even had the consparicy theroy at the start. Its not complaining about how the random works .I am complaining how random is a bad system to use. The fact its been 29 days with no alerts in that timeframe is true. Im outlining the worst case scenario if a person has a schedule. There is no effort to farm the item its just are you able to get to warframe during the time peroid an alert is up. The person playing for 189 hours has a 0% chance of obtaining a glaive blueprint. Im calling the actual odds of a blueprint drop not of the alert popping in that time. This is gameplay time vs staring at twitter.

If i was complaining about statatics for drop rates then it would have a chance to drop. Right now the post you linked had

N refers to "the expected number of runs to get drop X"

P(X = Y) means the probability that the result of the test X is specific result Y

N is infinity in that time period. If there was a .000001% chance to drop it would be infinately better than the current drop rates. There will always be a time when n= infinity until they put a glaive alert period at every time peroid but well it took 6 days for first glaive alert and theres 48 1/2 hour chunks per day so. Thats about 288 days before there will not be a point where n= infinity. Lets not forget repeated time slots and adding more items to the alert pool to reduce the odds of a glaive. So I can expect it will be most likely a year before i have a chance at a glaive at lets say 1:30 am. Now statistics may say its not likley to be this but it does leave this as a very possible scenario. At any of the n= infinity when you do the run the odds of being one of the people who have to run again because it didnt drop does not go down.

I can take oh it has a 5% chance ot drop and I did 200 runs an didn't get the item. The odds of doing 200 runs without a drop is possible and has a very low odds of happening. I would be angry at my luck because I should have gotten it in around 1/10th the time but atleast the drop was possible. Atleast then I can hate the rng instead of the designers of the system.

Thank you for helping to illustrate/show a bit of the "behind the scenes" "magic" :)

And yes, i do agree that the current "number" of alerts VS number of items in the alert item "pool" is not a pretty sight, because it takes the "chance" and grinds it to dust.

I will "offer/suggest" this as something to think about.

The upcoming prime areas and/or extra planets (that we havnt heard anything about) could make it possible that the 48 "½"slots get expanded, to say 60-72 slots, the problem with doing that is ofc that with the current rather high credit reward on alerts, it will "move" the economy in a direction (and i dont think DE "wants" it moved in that one),

Bad drop system is bad, only have systems at the moment, but seriously, why couldn't he drop like banshee parts, with alerts instead of defense/raids? Watch, people are going to get his building helmet confused with his alt helmet. Calling it.

The Systems BP dropped on Monday via alert.  But, I'd much rather farm this than baby sit the alert system.  I have things to do other than sit at the computer all day checking alert system..

Like sitting at the computer all day farming a boss? Yep, makes sense, I'm convinced.

I always have the same thing to say on alerts, so here's all the other threads that share similar views. tl;dr: alerts system is flawed (as a method of content distribution) and needs changing.

(this is a quote from DE rebecca in the may 19th hot feedback thread)
There has been suggestions of ways to improve the alerts (adding a token system, generating Alerts based on time logged in, etc), and these are being seen.

I rather just farm alerts for parts like banshee, because. That makes some sort of sense, I mean so far, every frame was available to farm after they came out! Why can't we just farm him from doing alerts? Nothing would give more incentive to run those 2k cred alerts than that! Leaving 3 whole parts to RNG is just a complete pain in the &#!.

Nothing ever satisfies them. Its best to just ignore them till they leave.  

Yay, let's ignore the giant list of actual reasons why the alerts system is a current problem, and call everyone who dislikes it a kid.

Actually, RNG is RNG. The Glaive alert came just 3 days after the Glaive was released. If you couldn't wait the long, sucks to be you.

I purchased the Glaive and don't regret it one bit. I'm happy to support DE because, why not? I've sunk so many hours into this game and I still enjoy it, I might as well invest a little money into it to see the game improve.

Edited by Entheos_Geon