The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Entropy Spike Mod Not Working With Telos Akbolto

Sshade

Is exactly as title describes, the mod is supposed to work with the Bolto for explosive shots 20% of the time, and the Telos AkBolto is a variation of the bolto so it should technically work with it as well.

It's not supposed to.

The weapon augment mods only work for the weapon that is listed on the mod (sans Prisma Skana and Skana Prime for Bright Purity).

Entropy Spike will only work for the single Bolto

Stinging Truth only works for single Viper

Winds of Purity only works for single Furis (not MK1-Furis either for an odd reason).

Edited by Otenko

Really?  Seems kinda pointless to limit a mod's use to 1 weapon, but not its variations.  Takes away from the versitility of multiple build types for all of the Bolto series..... not going to lie, kinda sad now.  Was looking forward to watching all of the exploding bodies from a weapon i just spent weeks farming for.

Really?  Seems kinda pointless to limit a mod's use to 1 weapon, but not its variations.  Takes away from the versitility of multiple build types for all of the Bolto series..... not going to lie, kinda sad now.  Was looking forward to watching all of the exploding bodies from a weapon i just spent weeks farming for.

The idea of augment mods is to give a reason to equip weapons that are underused.

People might use the Bolto more now that Entropy Spike is out; they won't just level it for mastery fodder before they get AkBoltos.

If Augment mods were available on all weapon variants, then there'd be literally no reason to use the single Bolto over something like the Telos Akbolto.

It's just a way to give some love to weapons that the community usually ignore.

If that were true, then there wouldn't be a level requirement for weapons, the point of using it in the weaker versions of the Bolto would be that you're not a high enough level to even have access to its better versions that require a higher level to use.  But all begining weapons eventually get bypassed for higher damage ones. 

For instance, i was using bows for the high end damage against higher tier AI's in later waves of defense and surival missions, but after i got my hands on the opticor, i was more then content with getting 215k head crits, and 100k body crits.

And i realize that this was "neither here nor there" for the current topic in question, but it was just an example of how upgrading different weapons doesn't devalue the ones that helped you get to that point.  Just saying its kinda pointless to try to make us back step to the weaker weapons for the purpose of using 1 mod.