The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus: "chroma?!... No... It's Can't Be..." A Theory As To What That Means:

Morec0

@A Frikn Gr

COme on that not fair you got at least tell him why he is wrong.

Their is thought supporting evidence on his side our enemy have evolved.

Look at the eximus and nullifiers they were created or are born to fight us.

Because that has less sense than Helen Keller.

Because that has less sense than Helen Keller.

Don't judge me i have no idea what that means but i take it is something that happend that makes a great amount of nonsense.CONTEXT CLUES

but that aside That still does not tell him why he is wrong is his theory at least give hima fact that we know that contradict him.or you cannot prove it wrong  yet cause we don't know and their is evidence that backs him up in how our enemy has developed and i can say that the color and the reaction of lotus to the chroma is not something we cannot ignore.

i mean DE could have use silver color to represent those sentient but they choose those colors. I always imagined the Sentient being like silver being or platinum because well  orokin is gold.

Edited by Leavith

That still does not tell him why he is wrong is his theory at least give hima fact that we know that contradict him.or you cannot prove it wrong  yet cause we don't know and their is evidence that backs him up in how our enemy has developed and i can say that the color and the reaction of lotus to the chroma is not something we cannot ignore.

i mean DE could have use silver color to represent those sentient but they choose those colors. I always imagined the Sentient being like silver being or platinum because well  orokin is gold.

Doesnt Chroma mean color?

Cant see every variation of the Sentients (have we?) in the trailer. Maybe each type changes color based on strength not as an elemental effect(or is it?)

Chroma is the name of the Dark Sector game creature.

Its Dragonlike in appearance. Whos to say the Chroma( possible Originators) havent been visiting Earth for millions of years?

Dragons were a myth on Earth long before the Orokin even existed. Maybe they (used to ) visit planets to sow genetic seeds then leave leave and watch it evolve.

Not saying they created us, but maybe watching us because they saw a future for our genes.

Cant see every variation of the Sentients (have we?) in the trailer. Maybe each type changes color based on strength not as an elemental effect(or is it?)

Its Dragonlike in appearance. Whos to say the Chroma( possible Originators) havent been visiting Earth for millions of years?

Dragons were a myth on Earth long before the Orokin even existed. Maybe they (used to ) visit planets to sow genetic seeds then leave leave and watch it evolve.

Not saying they created us, but maybe watching us because they saw a future for our genes.

See that makes more sense when trying to put evidance that goes agaisn this theory.

But now the topic comes up if that the case why was lotus i will use the word scared of when we relies it was chroma we were dealing with and why was the chroma doing and why was it were it was.

See that makes more sense when trying to put evidance that goes agaisn this theory.

But now the topic comes up if that the case why was lotus i will use the word scared of when we relies it was chroma we were dealing with and why was the chroma doing and why was it were it was.

Give me a few to -_- lol

So now we're throwing in galactic originators into the mix? Originators who were also dragons?

And all of this has... not even been touched on? Ever? No mention aside from a vague "a forgotten race" and the fact Chroma' got dragon-themed abilities?

Forgive me for my skepticism on the matter. I just don't see dragons actually having existed in this universe.

Give me a few to -_- lol

Well you specefied the origin were the Chroma came from and how that work and it does provide the fact that dragon been around for while i am not saying your theory is wrong cause i cannot prove it wrong,but the fact taht chroma is made from different warframe parts not warframe parts kind of take the idea that chroma is some form of originator.Then when we look at the Lotus was as someone mention omnius about the chroma and the croma was killing grineer,was killing corpus,and was not killing infested. but was attacking us gives us some form of thing for us comply with that this things those have some some sort of misison or goal after all when we are still looking for the chroma the 1st messege we hear the grineer being slaughter and lotus herself mention what the Chroma was trying to do but does not say chroma it says something along the line it was whatever it was is trying to find something(i forgot exact words and wiki does not have the chat or words)

I kind of think their is a chance that inside a random orokin derelict ship that did manage to make their jump into the void might be still sentient technology after all this ship were abandoned and corrupted.And with the corpus and grineer opening portals to the void they might have made it to one of those ships by the use of the portal.

Also the chroma retreats not gets defeated meaning still out their and if is not helping our cause then who.

@Above we do know thing with dragon in their name example Dragon Nikana and the Dragon keys as someone mention their are little things that are named after the dragon,And maybe the dragon is just name that is given to guardian rank upgrade.(now on this i have no evidence and i am reaching straws)but if we say that dragon keys open up Orokin vaults that would mean that someone uses this keys before to lock the doors.

and we have this piece of information on the wiki regarding the vaults.

so he might not be all wrong.

i got no idea how to change tezt color so here is the link http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict/Orokin_Vaults if you highlight the quote you might acatully see what it says.

The artifact is odd, considering the artifact is seemingly "untouched" as the Lotus exclaims, however it has been somehow corrupted. Since these artifacts were preserved here before the Technocyte Virus took over the galaxy, this raises the question if the artifacts are directly connected to the Neural Sentry, the AI that controls Orokin Tower and the Corrupted.
Edited by Leavith

So now we're throwing in galactic originators into the mix? Originators who were also dragons?

And all of this has... not even been touched on? Ever? No mention aside from a vague "a forgotten race" and the fact Chroma' got dragon-themed abilities?

Forgive me for my skepticism on the matter. I just don't see dragons actually having existed in this universe.

I did say Dragonlike. That doesnt mean they are Dragons. It helps to partially explain a few (mistranlations) of millions years of "Human hearing and Speech evolution at the time" We heard them call themselves what sound like Dragon in our language. Imagine Neathandal trying to pronounce Chroma or a word heard by another "Humonoid shaped creature" that look lizardlike. 

We translate sound into easily identify shapes. The same could be said of smell.

Nope. The pelt Chroma wears is a Dragon's pelt, and the "Long forgotten race." Is... Dragons. 

But do you know that for sure?

AFAIK a dragon was never a real animal(the mythical one) on Earth, and Earth is in this game, and this game takes place in the future.

I highly disbelieve in the existence of dragons in the past.

Well you specefied the origin were the Chroma came from and how that work and it does provide the fact that dragon been around for while i am not saying your theory is wrong cause i cannot prove it wrong,but the fact taht chroma is made from different warframe parts not warframe parts kind of take the idea that chroma is some form of originator.Then when we look at the Lotus was as someone mention omnius about the chroma and the croma was killing grineer,was killing corpus,and was not killing infested. but was attacking us gives us some form of thing for us comply with that this things those have some some sort of misison or goal after all when we are still looking for the chroma the 1st messege we hear the grineer being slaughter and lotus herself mention what the Chroma was trying to do but does not say chroma it says something along the line it was whatever it was is trying to find something(i forgot exact words and wiki does not have the chat or words)

I kind of think their is a chance that inside a random orokin derelict ship that did manage to make their jump into the void might be still sentient technology after all this ship were abandoned and corrupted.And with the corpus and grineer opening portals to the void they might have made it to one of those ships by the use of the portal.

Also the chroma retreats not gets defeated meaning still out their and if is not helping our cause then who.

@Above we do know thing with dragon in their name example Dragon Nikana and the Dragon keys as someone mention their are little things that are named after the dragon,And maybe the dragon is just name that is given to guardian rank upgrade.(now on this i have no evidence and i am reaching straws)but if we say that dragon keys open up Orokin vaults that would mean that someone uses this keys before to lock the doors.

and we have this piece of information on the wiki regarding the vaults.

so he might not be all wrong.

i got no idea how to change tezt color so here is the link http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Orokin_Derelict/Orokin_Vaults if you highlight the quote you might acatully see what it says.

I did say Earlier there might be 1 living Originator left. It could be the Chroma that retreated. Maybe it was gathering intelligence as quietly as possible until discovered. It could very well return at full strength will it fleet of Sentients (as in AI soldiers) and choose to go after any faction.

Lotus might think there are more Chromas still out there. There are and now it is plugged back into its version of Lotuses throne, ready to attack.

AFAIK a dragon was never a real animal(the mythical one) on Earth, and Earth is in this game, and this game takes place in the future.

Can you disprove we didnt have dragons? Think for a min about what I wrote just above yours.What do Teryidactyls look like? Flying dragons.

Btw how many realworld myths revolve around Dragons in recorded history?

Saint George slew a Dragon did he not?

Can you disprove we didnt have dragons? Think for a min about what I wrote just above yours.What do Teryidactyls look like? Flying dragons.

Can you disprove there's no flying spaghetti monster?

Never thought I'd see religion level arguments on these forums.

Dragons aren't real.

The orokin might have genetically engineered some dragon-like monster. I assumed it was something like that anyways.

Is okay in my opinion dragons were once real.

and his opinion their are not

but in this game content their is some form of dragon like things  adn we are talking about the game content not the history in of our life but the tenno world were Jayden tenno exist and their was an enemy named chroma

and the chroma was design by DE to be dragon like base of our history of what dragons looked like as well as teh chroma enemy from dark sector

we do have title for thing in the game so their must be some dragon type in the game.

EITHER BE MECHANICAL OR BIOLOGICAL OR ENERGY

I want to have hope i eaither get to train,kill,or fight against a dragon.

Edited by Leavith

Apparently you all choose not to read the ENTIRE contents of a post. Its ok its not my fault people only read what they want to see :)

Pterodactyl's look so little like dragons they'd have a 150+ megathread talking about how little their head's look like dragon heads.

Guest XrekkeGtavun

Since literally everyone knows nothing about Dark Sector:

Chroma seems to be a mishmash of references to Dark Sector's technocyte-infected beings.

Particularly the Chroma and the Stalker. I shall not speak of how interconnected those games are, because if you don't know about that, you probably don't care to know at all.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Chroma

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

It's also important to note that nowhere in the game does it state that Chroma is a 100% draconic frame based on in-game lore. Based on casual observation and what DE have told us, Chroma looks extremely draconic, which leads to the casual assumption that he is a wearing a literal dragon.

However, in-game, he represents something akin to a shaman or even a necromancer, being able to summon the abilities of the elements, take on the properties of the pelt and even reanimate the pelt to do as he pleases.

Dragons are a popular form of symbolic heraldry, representing strength, wisdom, etc. Giving the name of dragon to something (especially in warframe's wacky almost-japanese-rather-not style) just represents that it has those qualities.

Saying that the Warframe universe has dragons is probably wishful thinking. (Granted, the Sentients are a wild card. Hard to say what they are or what they represent. Though I think the consensus is that they are not dragons :> )

My theory is that non of the chromas survive the old war. That's why Lotus are shocked to hear about chroma. And the new strange quest tease that the setients are building their own warframe for their return. So maybe in the future we will need to stop that from happening.

Since literally everyone knows nothing about Dark Sector:

Chroma seems to be a mishmash of references to Dark Sector's technocyte-infected beings.

Particularly the Chroma and the Stalker. I shall not speak of how interconnected those games are, because if you don't know about that, you probably don't care to know at all.

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Chroma

http://darksector.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker

It's also important to note that nowhere in the game does it state that Chroma is a 100% draconic frame based on in-game lore. Based on casual observation and what DE have told us, Chroma looks extremely draconic, which leads to the casual assumption that he is a wearing a literal dragon.

However, in-game, he represents something akin to a shaman or even a necromancer, being able to summon the abilities of the elements, take on the properties of the pelt and even reanimate the pelt to do as he pleases.

Dragons are a popular form of symbolic heraldry, representing strength, wisdom, etc. Giving the name of dragon to something (especially in warframe's wacky almost-japanese-rather-not style) just represents that it has those qualities.

Saying that the Warframe universe has dragons is probably wishful thinking. (Granted, the Sentients are a wild card. Hard to say what they are or what they represent. Though I think the consensus is that they are not dragons :> )

Dark Sector's also only 4/10ths canon. I've seen this before, but because of the Dev statements about canonicity I'm more inclined to think Chroma's pelt is more modern than that.

I'll be working on some edited images to highlight my points, since I think maybe people just aren't seeing what I am.

It makes me wonder if the Sentients are part of a vast hivemind controlled by the Only living survivor of its race. I see a greeat entity similar to Lotus.

Its race would could have designed these synthetic flesh contructs as a way to control a plague that was decimating its civilization. The shape we see of the sentients could just be the Originators perpective of the ideal soldier for this situation. Destroying the infested flesh of the Originators.

Chromas of the past were harvested from then still living Originators. That could partially explain why we dont see both In vast quantities anymore. There arent any left.

Maybe

This is actually what I've been thinking as well.

Since they've been weakened too much and decided to send in machines first to study the Tenno.

Seems we had this discussion once, Morec0?

I think it is plausable that the pelt is a Sentient trophy. Why do I think this?

The color and angular shapes of the "wings" for one. But mostly because Chroma is supposed to be one of, if not THE most powerful warframe, Lotus own words.

And if the pelt is not a Sentient, it means there are more than one alien species in warframe.

And I seriously doubt that.

Seems we had this discussion once, Morec0?

I think it is plausable that the pelt is a Sentient trophy. Why do I think this?

The color and angular shapes of the "wings" for one. But mostly because Chroma is supposed to be one of, if not THE most powerful warframe, Lotus own words.

And if the pelt is not a Sentient, it means there are more than one alien species in warframe.

And I seriously doubt that.

Infested are already Alien by Nature. Whether intentional or not.

Sentients

Chroma

The evidence points to 3 types of "Aliens" imo.