Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Now With Poll) Several Problems That Should Be Acknowledged By De But Have Not

(PSN)TheHourMan

There is a poll where you can show your support with real data. You may only vote once.
http://www.poll-maker.com/poll327890xf0754e57-12

Archwing camera controls:
The Archwing should have a toggleable option to have a 2d and 3d camera (which means that the camera will not stop at the top and bottom and will not rotate in a tight circle when near the top or bottom, this will allow for more freedom of movement and precise turns.) Many many players have talked about having this and to be completely honest, the current camera controls for archwing are much more confusing to me than it would be with no restrictions. Players hate being held back by their controls. 

(PS4) Move Up and Move Down controls overwrite other bindings in custom control schemes:
Title says it all.

(controllers and consoles) Hold to Crouch should ONLY crouch, not roll.

Crouch/Roll being a seperate binding from Hold to Crouch would be a good fix for this and make EVERYONE happy. Again, players hate being held back by their controls. 

(consoles) There is no seperate toggle crouch button:

Instead, toggle crouch is a toggle option in the controls menu. This makes it very hard for some custom control schemes to crouch behind cover and shoot or do parkour. Here is an example of why this is important: On the pc, I use a ps3 controller. I have down on the D-Pad set as toggle crouch so I can get behind cover and fire and square set as hold to crouch so I can do parkour. It is impossible to effectively use the right analog stick to aim while holding square, which is why a seperate button to do that is nice. On consoles, there is no toggle crouch button, only roll/crouch, thus making it impossible to have both a parkour crouch and a cover crouch on the consoles unless you set a shoulder button as crouch, which many players dislike. 

Archwing Melee Auto-Targeting is exploitable and kills you on walls:
I would absolutely love it if the Archwing melee auto-targeting was optional with the default as having it on. Yeah it would be harder to hit enemies, but holy hell would it be fun to actually have control over my melee. Not only that but the auto-targeting builds up so much momentum that it instantly kills you if there is an obstacle between you and the melee target. Please at least fix that part (but making it optional would make archwing so much more fun)

Edited by (PS4)TheHourMan

I've been complaining about it since the first day archwing was out on the pc and De haven't even said one word about it. I know they're really busy and have to prioritize things, but the controls shoudl be a priority,

Archwing Melee auto-targeting:

I agree, I really don't like Archwing melee auto-targeting. I feel like it really takes control away from me and makes Archwing missions a mash-fest when you're in melee range.

Having an option to toggle it off or at least decreasing the tracking and momentum shift would be very welcome in my opinion.

PS4 Crouch Bindings:

I play on PC so I don't really know about console players' plight with controls. I won't pretend to know controller options on PS4 if I have no experience with it. Sorry I can't help, but I suppose you could ask fellow PS4 players if there's a workaround of sorts.

Archwing General Camera Controls:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/10/16/warframe-archwing-update/

Steve actually talked about experimenting with having Roll/Pitch/Yaw (one of those at least) in Archwing without a predefined "up." Apparently it was very disorienting.

RPS: Warframe has always focused on agility and supermobility. Were there problems on that front with transitioning the warframes into space?

Sinclair: We wanted to take all the muscle memory [players] have from the game for sliding and dodging and that sort of thing so all of that is mapped to Archwing. Your sprint is a boost instead and when you slide in space you do this cool drift manoeuvre so you’re harder to hit. One of the decision we made early on which was a bit controversial was – I’m not sure if you ever played Descent? – you could bank and what was “up” could change. The first version of Archwing had you flying around and nothing was [predefined as] “up” so you could tilt and then up was to the left. It was super vomit-inducing and went one step too far into being uber hardcore.

RPS: So at first you had no absolute directions or compass points?

Sinclair: Yeah, so if you got into some strange configuration you had this woozy feeling and couldn’t figure out what was happening. We locked that plane. You can still move in those six degrees of freedom but there’s a very specific “up”!

I doubt they're going to change the Archwing camera like that or if they even could make it an optional setting. But I guess there's an answer, straight from the dev's mouth.

And I knew about what Steve said with that, but many players still want it anyway. It would actually be much less disorienting for me, but I use a controller, and I don't know what it would be like for  people who use a keyboard and mouse like Steve. It should definitely be optional and turned off by default, but the option should available to us if we want to play that way. It actually isn't hard to have a camera axis be a toggleable feature in the controls options, or even have a button that toggles it, since there are several buttons in archwing that are free on controllers (keyboard players  don't really have much of a reason to be worried about running out of buttons liek controlelr users)

Also: He mentioned having a tilt control, which, I agree would be very disorienting, but I'm speaking striclty about just having the exact same camera controls we have now, but having an option to make it not stop at up or down. If it's too disorienting for players, then they can just turn it off, but at least let us try it out.

And I knew about what Steve said with that, but many players still want it anyway. It would actually be much less disorienting for me, but I use a controller, and I don't know what it would be like for  people who use a keyboard and mouse like Steve. It should definitely be optional and turned off by default, but the option should available to us if we want to play that way. It actually isn't hard to have a camera axis be a toggleable feature in the controls options, or even have a button that toggles it, since there are several buttons in archwing that are free on controllers (keyboard players  don't really have much of a reason to be worried about running out of buttons liek controlelr users)

Also: He mentioned having a tilt control, which, I agree would be very disorienting, but I'm speaking striclty about just having the exact same camera controls we have now, but having an option to make it not stop at up or down. If it's too disorienting for players, then they can just turn it off, but at least let us try it out.

If youre referring to a simple loop, yes. We should be up to flip over instead of stopping to look up like a turtle on its back. I still dont think we need Yaw and Pitch though.

No up lock

No down lock

We can already spin freely in a circle horizontally.

archwing gameplay is generally less interesting than plain warframe, it's not at the same level - an Warframe has flawed mechanics by itself.

Melee in general has a problem in Warframe. With hard animations which end up overshooting or undershooting, or having the hitbox miss because the animation goes so far that the warframe goes right through the enemy, or not accounting for tall/short enemies. 

The major faults in Warframe's melee system stem from the hard animations subsystem. Lacking of environment/enemy awareness and a flexible/dynamic spring/bone system which adequates the movement to land the blow in the target, and adjusting the implicit jumps and dashes of combos to those distances. 

Archwing inherits all of the flaws, but they are masked. Since archwing deals with much greater distances, the auto-targeting melee system becomes a device to automatically close the gaps between the archwing and the enemy, masking the issue. But the animations still feel janky and the player is not quite "empowered".

We are reduced to a button masher - a press E to win of sorts - instead of doing a more meaningful engagement. There is no finesse, no targeting nor rhythm required to succeed. Only pressing a button as fast as you can. And that gets old fast. 

Ordis blocks the view of the statistics whenever you go to the arsenal.  This is really annoying because often you are trying to specialize your weapon based on which mobs you will be fighting and you usually have a squad full of players waiting on you.  We can turn off the sound on ORDIS, can we send him to stasis?  How about just moving him to the right, or better yet, removing him from popping up in the arsenal!!!!!

The head of your Warframe also blocks the arsenal screen.

Rare containers are so rare that I've only seen one in 7 months.

Can we get a bounty adjustment so that we don't receive the Hack a console bounty in missions where there are no consoles?  How about some bounties for Archwing that actually work. You cannot Hack a Console, get 20 pistol kills, get 30 rifle kills (main weapon does not count as a rifle), get 5 sliding kills (well maybe, but can you slide in space?)  nor get 10 Headshots.  Even lining up a corpus for a headshot does not count.  Yes, it may seem trivial, but when you are trying to level up AW frames or weapons, the bounty really helps.

Parkour 2.0 is a complete waste of time.  The anti-helicopter people will whine, but it's really fine just as it is.  Fix the problems first.

--------------------------------------------------

Yes, they should run a poll in livestream so that they could actually answer the questions instead of trying to spot a question in the stream of bullsh1t that the fans type which mean nothing.

By the way, it seems that no one at DE responds to XBONE problems, only in the GENERAL forum.  DE(Rebecca) ???