Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nolonger Able To Block Grineer Radial Slam

KuroShini

I'd been able to block these knockdowns before, and I heard it was a bug but that it was fixed: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/422047-melee-blocking-no-longer-blocks-knockdown-attacks/

However, lately I've been unable to blcok them do matter what which is a major with melee focused plastyles like mine, eximus firewaves and MOA shockwaves can be blocked, but not the ones from bombards and heavy gunners ones.

Edited by KuroShini

Blocking doesn't stop the knockdown from the Grineer's radial slam move anymore. Noticed trying to level Prisma Skana on Apollodorus and went to the simulacrum. Tried Dragon Nikana and Prisma Skana there, vs Corrupted Heavy Gunners and Bombards. Both knock me down through block.

Tried a Corrupted Ancient, but I can still block that and it just gives me a little push.

There is also a bug where the slam happens even if they've been knocked down/stunlocked.

This is really really ancient problem. It's been happening for as long as I can remember.

Pretty much nothing stops the slam from going off once they start it. They just barely begin to raise their hand as they get knocked down, so the knockdown animation stops the cast animation, but the skill keeps going and when the normal little delay is up the slam still goes off.

Also happens with shield lancers, though it's fairly uncommon you stun them since they die so easily if you can hit them through the shield, the effect is the same. You see them start a shield slam, interrupt, and then as they're falling you hear P'TING and go flying across the room.

EDIT---

I just went to the simulacrum with Ash to make sure my info was still current.

Bombards still gave me the same old problem. I can easily slide up to one and stun it with smokebomb and just before I smokebomb it, it will try to start a radial slam but get interrupted by the smokebomb stun. Then a moment later I'll be sent flying by the same slam I just interrupted, which goes off after a delay while the bombard is staggered and my smokebomb animation is over and not preventing knockdown anymore.

Looks like someone TRIED to fix shield lancers at some point. They now try to resume bashing after recovering from a stun during the shield bash animation with a quicker little short range shield slam, but this quick slam doesn't seem to knock me down and I'm hearing the P'TING sound right after I stun them with smokebomb as if they still hit me. I assume I would be flying across the room but my smokebomb's animation is stopping knockdown so it's not sending me anywhere.

EDIT2--

Still playing around with a lowbie shield lancer. Getting inconsistent results. Sometimes he slams me even though he's stunned, sometimes I hear P'TING while he's stunned but don't go anywhere (smokebomb animation immunity stopping it?) and he does an ineffective quick shield slam, sometimes he seems to work properly and gets interrupted, then quick slams me and does damage/knocks me back.

Edited by VKhaun

This is really really ancient problem. It's been happening for as long as I can remember.

Pretty much nothing stops the slam from going off once they start it. They just barely begin to raise their hand as they get knocked down, so the knockdown animation stops the cast animation, but the skill keeps going and when the normal little delay is up the slam still goes off.

Also happens with shield lancers, though it's fairly uncommon you stun them since they die so easily if you can hit them through the shield, the effect is the same. You see them start a shield slam, interrupt, and then as they're falling you hear P'TING and go flying across the room.

EDIT---

Bombards still gave me the same old problem. I can easily slide up to one and stun it with smokebomb and just before I smokebomb it, it will try to start a radial slam but get interrupted by the smokebomb stun. Then a moment later I'll be sent flying by the same slam I just interrupted, which goes off after a delay while the bombard is staggered and my smokebomb animation is over and not preventing knockdown anymore.

Looks like someone TRIED to fix shield lancers at some point. They now try to resume bashing after recovering from a stun during the shield bash animation with a quicker little short range shield slam, but this quick slam doesn't seem to knock me down and I'm hearing the P'TING sound right after I stun them with smokebomb as if they still hit me. I assume I would be flying across the room but my smokebomb's animation is stopping knockdown so it's not sending me anywhere.

EDIT2--

Still playing around with a lowbie shield lancer. Getting inconsistent results. Sometimes he slams me even though he's stunned, sometimes I hear P'TING but don't go anywhere and he does an ineffective quick shield slam, sometimes he seems to work properly and gets interrupted, then quick slams me and it does work.

I find sometimes if you're in full sprint when they get stunned, you'll be pushed back with the P'TING sound, but not knocked down.

Like, you'll continue the animation as if you were running forwards, but you'll be moving backwards for a bit, then resume forward motion.

I have blocked Radial slam only when melee 2.0 DE fixed that and ever since then you can't block radial slams or Bombard Rockets :(

Yeah.

I was posting about preventing the knockdowns, but when experimenting in the simulacrum I did take at least partial damage from all the missiles that I blocked. I honestly don't know how long that's been going on. I'm so used to being on lv30 frames vs lowbie Grineer it's just not an issue that's been on my radar.

Wasn't this removed a while ago for no reason?

It was a bug.

I have blocked Radial slam only when melee 2.0 was introduced. DE fixed that and ever since then you can't block radial slams or Bombard Rockets :(

Do not go around spreading misinformation, blocking radial slams is meant to be a thing, if it's not working it's because of a bug, in fact this has been reported before and was supposedly fixed for a while, but appears to be back again. Edited by RahuStalker

I thought Seismic Shockwave did Blast damage which is a guaranteed knockdown regardless of whether you block or not.  I've resisted it with Fortitude, Iron Skin, or some other means in the past, but recently I got the same thing.  Even with Iron Skin active I got knocked down occasionally (not by every Grineer/Corrupted Heavy thank goodness) by the ground slam or even by Hellion rockets.

Hasn't happened with Bombard/Napalm/Corrupted Bombard missiles in Simalcrum but their shockwave still gets me through Iron Skin every now and then (happened when my HUD indicator for Iron Skin showed a number as high as 100 and as low as 3).

Yeah.

I was posting about preventing the knockdowns, but when experimenting in the simulacrum I did take at least partial damage from all the missiles that I blocked. I honestly don't know how long that's been going on. I'm so used to being on lv30 frames vs lowbie Grineer it's just not an issue that's been on my radar.

All the missiles have a blast radius.  The blast is generated across the entire area affected by its blast as soon as the rocket explodes so essentially the blast wave bypasses your block.  Explosions have had that pseudo-punch through effect for as long as I can remember.

EDIT---

EDIT2--

Still playing around with a lowbie shield lancer. Getting inconsistent results. Sometimes he slams me even though he's stunned, sometimes I hear P'TING while he's stunned but don't go anywhere (smokebomb animation immunity stopping it?) and he does an ineffective quick shield slam, sometimes he seems to work properly and gets interrupted, then quick slams me and does damage/knocks me back.

There is also a bug where the slam happens even if they've been knocked down/stunlocked.

I've noticed that this Happens much more often when I'm playing as a Client. And yes, this is quite an old one.