Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Energy should be more common.

MrCatface

Although I like the idea of having to kind of work for your powers, I think that enrgy is still too uncommon in the game. It should at least slowly regenerate passively or something, not neccesarily even to maximum, maybe just to 25? Anyway, I feel that the rarity of enrgy that I get sometimes in the game makes it feel like there is almost no point to having a specific class; I like the different classes but I think that something should be tweaked with the whole energy thing. Personally, I would like a small amount to regenerate.

Thanks for your time.

Or maybe mods that give energy regen?

My problem with how abilitys work in this game, is how I feel pressured to not use my powers. Because what if I use it now, and around the next corner there are like two napalm guys.

And the fact that energy drops are random, there is really no consistent way to refuel my energy bar. Even if energy drops are more common the lower you're bar is. Honestly this game would be far better off with a cooldown system like Mass Effect.

Edited by Jeffica

I'm using the Volt, and I love it's powers! But since energy is so uncommon, I find myself never using them. I keep "saving them for when I need them". +1 to regen, especially for the Volt, which is "for players wanting an alternative to gun-play".

Once you get the "Energy Siphon" Alert card... things will be much easier.

PS.: i don't have it myself. thats why i bother my neighbour to come and play (he has it)... and oh dear... how good that Card is.

Edited by Sikab

In the history of games, gameplay that involves lots of ability usage and low cooldowns tends to be the most fun. Big CD skills still fit in strategically, but there was a lot of button pressing to put pressure on mechanical skill and keep players enjoying fast paced gameplay.

In this game, although cooldowns aren't present, the lack of energy regen / how costs are designed make everything play like a big cd skill.

people want to hit lots of buttons, and often. doesn't happen much in this game.

its a big gameplay overhaul / core change, but honestly i think rather than just making energy regen more often, you should just generally drop the energy cost of all abilities so we actually use them more often.

i just play loki, and either pop invis when im dying, or pop invis to crit down a boss/miniboss/lots of mobs. abilities like the swap on loki are just impractical thanks to mana costs.

erm from what ive seen, energy does NOT share like mods...first person to run over energy gets it, it hasn't been sharing. and yea, i picked volt, but i shoot more than anything because i want to save my damage moves for multiple stacked enemies, or to dash thru a buggy lazer door.

i just play loki, and either pop invis when im dying, or pop invis to crit down a boss/miniboss/lots of mobs. abilities like the swap on loki are just impractical thanks to mana costs.

Yeah, thats a problem. Also makes all the different Warframes blend together, because no one is really using their abilitys, because they want to save it for when they need it.

This makes this game feel like a generic shoot/slash shooter with no flair.

Edited by Jeffica

The abilities should be on a cool down playing as a volt the only ability I use is my dash because its the most useful and I dont want to be caught with no energy in a hairy situation.

that's why they are not cooldown based :)

erm from what ive seen, energy does NOT share like mods...first person to run over energy gets it, it hasn't been sharing. and yea, i picked volt, but i shoot more than anything because i want to save my damage moves for multiple stacked enemies, or to dash thru a buggy lazer door.

It was hotfixed last night. Everyone gets an Orb now like i said.