Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Building Warframe: Infested Juggernaut

DE_Adam

Does anyone else think that they kind of butchered the original design of the Juggernaut? Like.

In comparison, the Manic looks spot on. The Bursa/Riot Moa was changed a bit, but it still looks like the original design. You can look at the drawing and the ingame unit and say "I can see that."

This, however, looks so completely different from the original, and not in a good way. If someone just showed me the model and didn't tell me this was the juggernaut, I'd never think it was the juggernaut.

The original design looked Muscular, imposing, ogre like.

This thing looks fat, derpy, and pig like. (Yes. There may be some bias from me, but I just can't like this new design.)

It's like they didn't even try to use the original looking thing for their inspiration at all, and what we have now looks like a big, and fat Charger instead.

Is this new Phorid?

I don't know. Anyone else feel the same way? I'll probably warm up to it, but still. This is quite disappointing.

His design would be amazing for a Phorid rework maybe... but it barely reminds SilverBones's original design.

The original one is more like a gorilla, muscular but in a more humanoid way, he is most likely to jump at you and smash you with his powerful arms and/or devour you than to just charge at you like a rhino.

I dont see what was wrong with the original design, the MOA and the Manic were implemented a lot closer to the original concept (even though the MOA disappointed me).

I think the original Juggernaut would still look scary as hell even reduced in size (kinda like Resident Evil Licker), while this one depending on the size could be easily taken for a charger...

just look at riding bulls, when the cowboys falloff, they get STOMPED, and the bulls will KICK BOTH THEIR HIND LEGS, 

and they SPIN AROUND KICKING, hang on, ok, here: https://youtu.be/LJpXQCc7rVM

look at them, and rhino attacks on youtube... =) cheers!!! thanks for a great game everyone!!! 

OH yeah,....they could do a  RHINO STOMP, since you guys already have all the physics stuff for that, AND if they could run up to you, and lift you up with their "horns" (RHINOS DO THIS)  BAD QUALIY, BUT WATCH :  https://youtu.be/tPg4MTYocQ8

Edited by (XB1)ntegr8

I didn't mean CC spam on him. I mean CC spam BY him, and the bursa.

CC spam, flat damage reduction and bullcrap like an uncounterable invincibility phase are bad design. There are ways to make an enemy take skill to fight than just stacking defensives and gimping players. Not to mention how much it differed from the concept.

:/ I don't consider the manic to be cc spamming but eh, I honestly only been pounced once so far. By equal measure so are our abilities "bad design". In the context of all of WF's mechanics, I don't think it's bad design to have enemies that share our tools to use against us. The only reason they can win is by either sheer numbers or ridiculous stat scaling in endless.

I really don't wanna argue "skill" in a game where almost all of your success depends on your gear/team then skill, and you can literally render enemies harmless in a myriad of ways with the press of a button.

:/ I don't consider the manic to be cc spamming but eh, I honestly only been pounced once so far. By equal measure so are our abilities "bad design". In the context of all of WF's mechanics, I don't think it's bad design to have enemies that share our tools to use against us. The only reason they can win is by either sheer numbers or ridiculous stat scaling in endless.

I really don't wanna argue "skill" in a game where almost all of your success depends on your gear/team then skill, and you can literally render enemies harmless in a myriad of ways with the press of a button.

The bursa cc spams more than the manic.

And 'unbalanced' frame abilities are not an excuse to have cheap enemy mechanics.

There is literally no justification for artificial difficulty.

And 'unbalanced' frame abilities are not an excuse to have cheap enemy mechanics.

How would you make enemies take skill and thinking to fight in Warframe? I'm curious.

Bursa cc isn't artificial difficulty, stat scaling is. You can avoid Bursa CC, you can't do anything to avoid higher stats. I'm actually curious, what do you consider cheap and artificial in WF? Because I'm pretty confident most don't have anything to do with artificial difficulty, and can be either avoided or negated by player action.

The only reason most of the abilities seem cheap is because of enemy numbers making it hard to avoid all of them, now THAT is artificial difficulty. Because you literally cannot avoid them all, which is more of an issue with enemy numbers then anything else.

OH MY GOD! [dreadful and panic voice]A infested hulk on steroids , how are we suppose to kill it.

It looks cools, but looks tooooooo powerful to fight ,provide that it can have multiple juggernaut at the same time . With other infested heavy units to buff it.

I guess the time's come to say good-bye either to infested ancients, or to infested in general. If all of them will spawn together, I wont set a foot on dark sectors and Eris.

Just get rid of the damn ancient hooks and actually limit their spawn rate.. limiting them at 6 hardly seems a limit, when there's more of them then the damn chargers! Since this one has a poison attack, would you kindly remove the cheapshot toxic ancient? thats been a bain to any player regardless of modding. It bypasses both shield and armor so there's nothing you can do to prevent your self from getting killed by just standing next to the higher lvl versions.

/end anti-ancient rant.

The juggernaut looks total badass though.. looks real fun to fight!

OH MY GOD! [dreadful and panic voice]A infested hulk on steroids , how are we suppose to kill it.

It looks cools, but looks tooooooo powerful to fight ,provide that it can have multiple juggernaut at the same time . With other infested heavy units to buff it.

Boss is low, buged and easy 

I just were clicking E and didnt even needed to move. I was loki so if one of biggest papers dont die noone should. This boss in boring like a prices for Tactical alert

fought this guy 3 times, 2 times did taxi,

and i have to say that  whole image i had from a juggernaut was fully destroyed.

green color, that place, made me think of standing in front of phorid.

one thing to mention is  i freaked out so bad when i saw that drover bursa at first,shooting it like crazy :3

didn't expect that.

I felt like the encounter was too easy, needed more of a challenge and scary factor....was a cake walk the first time by myself without knowing the weak spot thing just took me awhile.

Perhaps I have been watching too much action flims or anime but to fight something that size, I wish i am able to do something to the sort of:

1) when it charges to me, i want to be able to sprint towards its, slide at the right moment and stab its belly with my dragon nikana and spill its guts lol

2) when it charges towards me, I run away from it towards a wall, wall run up, flip, stab its back and continue running down and splitting its spine open :)

DE could make these 2 animation sequence something like a perfectly timed attack where people have to practice many times to perfect. OR they could implement this as a special finisher move when the juggernaut has 5% health left and Tennos should be able to finish it off with a special finisher move (you know i have been playing too much metal gear rising: revengence lol)

Edited by ecwp1981

I didn't like the mechanics for this boss.

The first time I met him I was on slow Nova with fully formaed Tonkor and Synoid, perhaps the most damaging setup in the game...

Tonkor crit for 87, Synoid hit for 4, Damage capped Antimatter drop hit for 14

Yay cool new mechanic....  47 mins later, 8 ammo plates later, after 2 players aborted... he finally died

I can only image how much this sucks for a new player, who has no ammo plates.

I then returned 15 more times, on Mirage with Brakk, Akbronco prime, Torid, Boar prime, Khom, Supra, Drakgoon.. and the boss never lasted more than 3 seconds.

On 4 of the runs, I was with 2 other mirage, and it was just a joke, he died as I was aiming.

The armor mechanic is simply wrecked by Mirage and weapons that hit multiple times.

as for the nice looking new model, All I can see is Torid poop, then he dissolves

It seems like 2 extreme ends.  40+ mins of shooting vs 2-3 shots from a Mirage Torid?

I don't really understand why this damage mechanic is in place, is it supposed to balance the fight for higher level players? Because after the first run, most high mastery players simply swap to mirage and he dies in seconds.

Edited by Tatersail