The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update The Corrupted Enemies. Please. Maybe? Eventually? Some Day?

Innocent_Flower

So corrupted enemies are supposed to be guys from other factions who came to the tower, got beaten, got captured, had a big gold thing implanted into their brain and then fought for the tower. 

Awesome concept. Bad execution. The variety of corrupted enemies is extremely low, and many of them aren't 'correct' ( crewmen with struns, lancers being butchers with the dera) 

Thing is, all you'd have to do is copy current enemies into the corrupted spawnlist, change their allegiance, apply the appropriate colours and then say 'yes' to the gold implant. From my limited insight in how to do these things from my experience modding other games: You could easily convert several enemies each day without detracting from other projects. The most difficult thing is deciding the ratio of enemies in game when you've got them all done. 

Fixing crewman helmets being shot off and yet still there would be nice too. 

Now, apart from that, there's the minor issue that too many things in the void might look the same given the orokin colour pallet. (make everything white and gold fit's the scheme, but it doesn't help the gameplay) So I would suggest the following: 

Corrupted infested toxic/gas effects become a blue that matches the blue energy colour often seen in Tower architecture. 

Mine osprey mines as they are now (a orange-yellow) would be fairly difficult to see on the often-white floor. A rich door-light Red or blue would work here. 

There are too many yellow energy beams/bolts and to make it easier to tell them apart; Flux rifles could use blue/green energy. Supras could use orange. Anti moa (god forbid) shots would be best to keep blue. 

Bombards rockets should keep the white smoke. 

Like the infested ancient, you only really need one mutalist moa. 

Add maybe a couple of unique enemies at some point though. Maybe a drone that deploys spectres. A corrupted tenno or preserved lower guardian as a miniboss. The occasional all-orokin weapons platform. As the place where endgame players farm countless hours, the attention and variety the void gets is extremely poor. 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

For a long time I belived the corrupted were simply place holders, since they are just copy-pasted enemies.

But then I discovered they have lore and all, still feels lazy and lack of an actual true unique faction.

so.... your main issue is color?

Call up his name in game and look at his Frames color scheme. I just did. It kinda looks - in my opinion - like someone just hit the "random" button at the wrong time, so this talk of DE color choices?

The OP is basically saying "I can paint my Frame all the pastel colors of the rainbow, but DE needs to paint the game THIS way because I say so".

I only have a few personal issues with the corrupted enemies, so my personal suggestions are:

Lancer: Needs body model of a lancer indeed. Otherwise ok

Crewman: His Strun should fire like 7 pellets in spread instead of that sad lonely energy pellet

Butcher: Ok

Fusion MOA: Ok

Heavy Gunner: I think she needs to have plasma MG (Supra? Tetra?) to stay true to the theme of the enemies.

Nullifier: ALL Nullifiers are a topic I'd discuss separately

Bombard: Needs to fire actual rockets like the standard one but with added golden trail instead of barely visible photon torpedoes. Also needs rebalancing in regards to damage output / ROF / super-homing missiles.

Enemies I'd have "corrupted" personally:

Normal MOA

Shockwave MOA

Elite Crewman

Ballista but armed with golden energy Lanka

Charger

Crawler

And one thing for sure is I'd love to see some real OROKIN units besides the shield drones. Some walkers maybe or hovers or anything really. Just to give them something unique.

so.... your main issue is color?

Call up his name in game and look at his Frames color scheme. I just did. It kinda looks - in my opinion - like someone just hit the "random" button at the wrong time, so this talk of DE color choices?

The OP is basically saying "I can paint my Frame all the pastel colors of the rainbow, but DE needs to paint the game THIS way because I say so".

Way to miss the point both of you, of course you get hung up on the thing you can bash him for. Typical. What he's concerned with is the lack of enemy variety in the void. Out of all the different units we have in the game (aestheticwise, mechanically..eh...) we only have:

Standard Crewman

Standard Lancers

Butchers

Laser MOA/Laser Osprey

Ancient Healer

Heavy Gunner

Bombard

Nullifier 

7 enemy types, formerly we'd been seeing for the last year or so of the game's creation. Despite the Void being the test everyone uses for 'Endgame' the enemy variety is still incredibly bland. If this is the hardest faction to fight allegedly then it's definitely hurting for more enemy diversity.

More Grineer and Infested, a Technician or two, hell please even some unique Void exclusive enemies! (shield drones and turrets don't count!)