Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Not Ok With The Alert System

Vanhline

so ive been glued to the twitter feed for weeks, waiting for a specific item to pop up so i could swoop in and grab me my blueprint. then after a over a month since it was last offered the thing finally shows its face again and it does so at in the early AM on a Saturday. like people on west coast are gonna be up that early on a Saturday morning. its fine for the people who live elsewhere and would likely be awake but because of where i live im just screwed out of the BP and get to wait another month or so for it to come around. 

this is not cool at all. the system need to be changed to at the vary least, when something rare shows up its does so a couple of times at different points throughout the day before to goes into retirement again for god knows how long.

Why, why, why, why? It's a FREE  2 PLAY game!  Wait, or buy for platinum. And please, don't whine.

(I got in previous week, 3 catalyst under 2 day:DDDD my luck)

Edited by nkeyz

This game is free to play. The Alerts system is random. They even went to the efforts of making a Twitter page that shows you when Alerts happen, where, and what the rewards are. Stop complaining, the system is fine as it is. I've missed dozens of good blueprints because I was asleep. That's just the nature of things.

Given that an item's appearance is completely random, nobody can really predict when one will not show up for a long time. But I do agree that the alert system needs a bit of work. Item alerts can use the rarity of the item to determine how long the alert will be available? Rarer items stick around for a while, while common ones are the standard 30m.

How about;

Don't look at the alerts unless you can do something about it.

Wow! look at that! All this free stuff, and you never miss anything!
That's so weird!

The alert system is fine, it isn't there to give you every single item you want every time it comes up.

It's mean to reward people actively playing, people ready to... respond to alerts.

Funny that.

Seriously, looking at alerts you've missed is nothing but detrimental

It's not even as though the same item won't appear for X days

The floods of sequential catalysts some days are evidence of that.

Just keep an eye on the alerts when you're playing, and enjoy the times you get the item/s you've been hankering for.

this is not cool at all. the system need to be changed to at the vary least, when something rare shows up its does so a couple of times at different points throughout the day before to goes into retirement again for god knows how long.

You know that rare items are supposed to be, well ya know, RARE....

Making them drop more often makes them common, therefore no longer rare.

You know Superstore gives away free samples every day. If you don't collect your free samples today are you going to go back tomorrow and demand they have a redo?

Great example :D

Edited by Venarge

Why, why, why, why? It's a FREE  2 PLAY game!  Wait, or buy for platinum. And please, don't whine.

(I got in previous week, 3 catalyst under 2 day:DDDD my luck)

not an item you can get with plat, and on their current system its possible to never get the item, offered for 40mins once a month you may never see the chance to pick it up.

not an item you can get with plat, and on their current system its possible to never get the item, offered for 40mins once a month you may never see the chance to pick it up.

Not an item you can get with plat. So its the dark sword. You can wait another month for this. Its supposed to be super rare. Get over it...

You know that rare items are supposed to be, well ya know, RARE....

Making them drop more often makes them common, therefore no longer rare.

40 mins once a month, to 80 mins once a month does not seem like to big a hit on the rarity scale to me, just allow for more then 1 time zone to benefit from it showing up on the board. 

Edited by Vanhline

40 mins once a month, to 80 mins once a month does seem like to big a hit on the rarity scale to me, just allow for more then 1 time to benefit from it showing up on the board. 

Simply no. Its a super rare. Its like asking for shiny pokemon to become common....

You either have what it takes to get it or you dont.

Not an item you can get with plat. So its the dark sword. You can wait another month for this. Its supposed to be super rare. Get over it...

again, id be fine with the wait if i knew that wait would someday pay off, on their current system it is vary possible that it always pop up at various times where a person is unavailable and they just NEVER get it.

Edited by Vanhline

again, id be fine with the wait if i knew that wait would someday pay off, on their current system it could vary possible always pop up at various times where a person is unavailable and they just NEVER get it.

Well. Thats the thing behind being super rare. Not everybody is going to get it....

thats kind of my point, im disputing a system that does not promote fair play. 

the thing im not okay with is that not everyone is going to get it, im not worried for myself, im on this game almost all day every day ill get the damn thing eventually. im simply stating MY OPINION of a flawed system were everyone who puts the time in should see the benefit of the time spent.

Just because the game is free does not necessarily mean people have to be ok with in what way exclusive / rare items are available. Its a bad argument.

A minority of players buy platin. Those should not be the only ones to get a change to enjoy the game at its fullest.

Worst case: Players will stop playing (and with this many potential paying players will never pay) because they do not enjoy the Alert System (and this is happening!). WIth this the playerbase shrinks and the game is over.

Best case: Player will stay but will get disappointed every time they miss a nice Alert Reward. They will eventually spent most of their "playingtime" on Twitter and co.

Those players are not enjoying the game as they could be. They will probably move to another good game without this problem as soon a chance occures.

If the alert reward system promotes disappointment and frustration its a bad system. This has been pointed out by many community members in detail. Just search for "Alert" and you will see 90% complaints and a lot of constructive feedback.

A minority of players buy platin. Those should not be the only ones to get a change to enjoy the game at its fullest.