Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Spy 2.0 Sucks In About 20 Seconds

Cool3303

So I was trying the new Spy Vaults without Invisibility when this happened.

https://youtu.be/Q7WOZZr9O44

On that matter though.

I really find these new Maps way less creative and downright insultingly easy compared to the Spy2.0 pushout.

Seriously 1 of the maps is just a pipe with 2 Sentries and 4 different, trapless,unblocked ways which are 10 metres long to get to the vault (might upload a video for that in a few minutes)

I mean sure if you have invisibility you can ignore most of the threads anyway but the Corpus Tower-Vault atleast had a pretty damn amazing "optional" maze you could do, so did the Corpus Vault with the Moving Walls....

There is 1! "good" new Vault in my opinion: You get in a big map and have to hack random panels to drain Water to access a lower region but because you can oneshot everything and have huge range it is really easy too

You know it's on Earth, which is kinda like an intro stage for spy really. The enemies starting level is like 3-5. What did you expect?

Fair point... if this would be a stealth game... or the vaults not "unstealthable"

The alarm time after I got seen was 115 seconds, I already had hacked a panel at that point and was done with 80 seconds left.

Let me clarify how I judge/see the Vaults:

Each Vault has atleast 1 Weakspot (really easy acess) which might be blocked randomly

Each Vault can be trivialised by using Invisibility and Teleport

Each Vaults has enemies moving on rails and multiple ways to access the vault, just by waiting

Good Vaults let you observe the Guardians/Traps movement patterns if you are patient, which is (for me) really entertaining and a switchup to the normal hectic gameplay

Good Vaults have acess points and shortcuts which aren't immediately obvious thus making it exciting to "master" the vault and sneaking (visible) trough the main enemy route without killing anything

Bad Vaults instantly present every possible access on a silver platter and/or don't even require a minimum of ability to Stealth (grineer vaults for example mostly dont have lasers but are mostly good because your positioning must be perfect to take out or walk past the guards

I found them plenty hard enough first time round.

All these sorts of things are easy once you've done them once, and easy to do other varieties once you've done a few.  But first few times can be really engaging and quite difficult for us non-leet players :)

well that 2 grineer spawn right in the face happened to me too. hit em with my lecta right in the face but still set of the allarm on that one. iI like the waterslide one its simple yet offers various ways to go through.