The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lower Ttk Or Slower Movement (Pvp Thread)

Lord_Noctus

at the moment i see many guys abusing the copter and air melee to get away ( to get some energy and fill up hp again) fast but i know with good pakour the same is possible so its not just the copter. it is rly getting frustrating for me following those ppl around the map to get a kill on them. its possible but its rly rly hard to pull it of when the opponent is boptering around the map like crazy. any other ppl here experience the same ?

not really...

it gets frustrating at first, but think of it as a learning experience... you start getting predictions on where they might go and you follow through on what your instinct is telling you!

it helps you improve your aiming and helps you keep a tight area with your cross-hair within their hitbox... you will miss shots obviously but not as much as you did at the beginning when they are darting about the place, and you could not hit them for the life of you!

without coptering it would honestly be to easy and not that much of a challenge! in a way this helps strengthening and improve new players and existing player skills in order to combat with this..

Edited by DiBBz

Well...that's actually what I do in order to keep from dying.  There are some players that are pretty slippery and are able to get away.  The only solution is to chase them down.  We'll have to see how Parkour 2.0 rolls out.  Being able to do those power jumps from wall to wall, and hang in place on a wall, is gonna change things quite a bit.

I have yet to have a match where everyone is good at Parkour or at least some amount of decent mobility.  Most people seem to just want to jump headfirst into battle and tank it out...can't wait for more structured PvP to see a 4v4 match where everyone is pretty much everywhere.

Catch me if you can. :P

I admit it can be really frustrating sometimes, but most of the time I get annoyed only if the session is laggy or has low bandwith. It's hard to follow fast people stuttering all over the place, because you can't follow and hit them with a smooth mouse motion. And I hate it when the visual feedback gets lost on the way and I don't see them doing the air melee animation, for example.

A lot of Warframes have abilities to deal with these guys, so I don't think it's that much of a problem. But I know I'm biased. x)

as it is now it takes more skill to catch them than to run away

That's why you equip those tracking mods.

If DE normalizes everyone's copter speed, aerial melee...such that everyone pretty much moves the same fast speed when performing those maneuvers (regardless of melee weapon equipped), you'll never catch up to someone who's already a couple maneuvers ahead of you.  Your only solution is to give chase and shoot down.

slowing down coptering would significantly nerf the daikyu combo because a lot of the good players that just use this weapon rely heavily on hit n run... or shoot n copter...

We'll see what they do...  The new system of being able to stop midway of wall running might open up wall attacks to a whole new level.

He's just mad cause people like me Play warframe like Halo and just unzip our pants, pull our big magnum out and 3sk people with it, and then fly away... And honestly, nerfing coptering speed won't stop people from running away, it will just slow the game down even further...

Headshot with a lex.... enemy Bo Prime copters away and gets health orbs until full of health. Yeah it's a fun game play experience.

I would just stop complaining and get somewhere that you can shoot him while they get the health orbs. There are only so many places.

I agree coptering should have something done to it because having to chase down someone (or everyone on the other team sometimes) gets annoying after a while. Making team death match seem more like team run away.

He's just mad cause people like me Play warframe like Halo and just unzip our pants, pull our big magnum out and 3sk people with it, and then fly away... And honestly, nerfing coptering speed won't stop people from running away, it will just slow the game down even further...

Have you played against Lord_Noctus (was that post even directed at him)? I know for a fact he can keep up with the fastest players out there, and he's damn fast himself. I'd say his gripe is with being at a disadvantage when chasing someone, that it's too easy to run away. I agree that just coptering all over the place shouldn't be a get-out-of-jail-free card. Some well-placed shots should be able to take you out.

And I have to agree that a lot of the recent changes did in fact increase the TTK: lower 1st ability damage, no ability projectile headshots, increased health from orbs, and now lower magazines (bigger chance to run out of ammo while chasing, although this is in part alleviated by faster weapon switching) and higher recoil on all weapons. Especially that last one I don't like at all.

My prediction is that we'll be seeing more Volt Primes with Bo Primes just running around and using their Overloads again. Or Embers and the others, you know what I mean.

Edited by Kontrollo

Have you played against Lord_Noctus (was that post even directed at him)? I know for a fact he can keep up with the fastest players out there, and he's damn fast himself. I'd say his gripe is with being at a disadvantage when chasing someone, that it's too easy to run away. I agree that just coptering all over the place shouldn't be a get-out-of-jail-free card. Some well-placed shots should be able to take you out.

And I have to agree that a lot of the recent changes did in fact increase the TTK: lower 1st ability damage, no ability projectile headshots, increased health from orbs, and now lower magazines (bigger chance to run out of ammo while chasing, although this is in part alleviated by faster weapon switching) and higher recoil on all weapons. Especially that last one I don't like at all.

My prediction is that we'll be seeing more Volt Primes with Bo Primes just running around and using their Overloads again. Or Embers and the others, you know what I mean.

Sad thing is your prediction about volt is on the money, I cannot tell you how many volts i've seen going energy hunting to then go unto an unsuspecting crowd, mash 4 and blow everyone up... Also, I've played against a lot of people who post on this forum (though not all, yet), a lot of them know me and/or have played with me at least once, so they know how good I can be with the magnum in meh pants (BAHAHAHAH~!!!)... And honestly I don't think the TTK is anywhere near as high as Tribes as, people there could go extremely quickly, and the only way to get kills in that game was to be a physicist and a psychic... I'm not even gonna talk about how godly you needed to be to flick your rail and get kills while someone was bunny hopping at 1000 Units per second around a gigantic arena...