The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Black Seed Scourge Shenanigans

Mr_bunny

There are 3 things I need to ask on the capture targets.

1. Why can they run faster than me while I have a sprint mod installed then look at me and shoot me. I would think that it would be very hard to run at that speed without looking and not trip while also landing most shots. 

2. Why the hell does the corpus rifle which fires "super-heated plasma" apply ice status effect on me? Is this a bug or just a way to get me salty? 

3. It isn't actually a question related to the capture targets but on the tile set of Eris there are rooms in which I can get lock-downed and there is no panel for me to use to lift the lock-down.

P.S. Sorry for the angry attitude but getting ice status effects while chasing a capture target with a null shield is getting me angry. Thank you for your time.

those locked rooms people chase targets into does have a panel in it, its just not a very familiar design. look along the backside of the consoles sticking up from the floor, should be there, or at least it was for me.

Looked around for a few mins didn't see anything. Perhaps I should have looked harder but usually the panel is marked on the map. 

There are 3 things I need to ask on the capture targets.

1. Why can they run faster than me while I have a sprint mod installed then look at me and shoot me. I would think that it would be very hard to run at that speed without looking and not trip while also landing most shots. 

2. Why the hell does the corpus rifle which fires "super-heated plasma" apply ice status effect on me? Is this a bug or just a way to get me salty? 

3. It isn't actually a question related to the capture targets but on the tile set of Eris there are rooms in which I can get lock-downed and there is no panel for me to use to lift the lock-down.

P.S. Sorry for the angry attitude but getting ice status effects while chasing a capture target with a null shield is getting me angry. Thank you for your time.

1)  Try using Volt if you have him.  Practice shooting targets more, if you prefer.

2) It's called status effect.  We can do the same with the use of mods.  No big deal.  Doesn't mean this is a bug.   The salty part is on you.

3) This was fixed, though sometimes there are maps with this problem because they were somehow overlooked by the devs.  No big deal.

P.S.  It's for the challenge.  Most players complain that this game is too easy.

I thought it was the osprey bombs that froze your frame.

Regardless - what they're doing is toying around with different ways to give players a challenge. Might've been nice to have a heads up from Lotus or have (the bombs?) recolored to let us know something was up.

Edited by CrimsonNightSky

1)  Try using Volt if you have him.  Practice shooting targets more, if you prefer.

2) It's called status effect.  We can do the same with the use of mods.  No big deal.  Doesn't mean this is a bug.   The salty part is on you.

3) This was fixed, though sometimes there are maps with this problem because they were somehow overlooked by the devs.  No big deal.

P.S.  It's for the challenge.  Most players complain that this game is too easy.

1) You have played the alert, right? You know that it's melee only and that the targets have Nullifier shields, right? Good luck using Speed inside that bubble and shooting the target with your sword(s).

2) Giving a slowing effect to an enemy with near pin-point accuracy, a power-negating shield, and who can run absurdly fast can only be described as "intended to frustrate".

Maybe if you came down off your high horse, you'd get a bit of oxygen and could think a bit more clearly. Cheap mechanics =/= challenging.

Edited by Ailith

Here's what helped me during the event:

- Bring a tank-y frame (I used Frost P).

- Mod for speed and defense (especially Rapid Resilience to counter cold shots).

- Modding for powers is not required, unless you feel it's necessary.

- Kogake. Slide attack, wait for them to land, and finish them on the ground.  There's probably better options, but it really helped me vent my frustrations over this event (and the hateful Kogake scum of PVP; learn to shoot your guns properly you damn, dirty scrubs).

- DON'T SPLIT UP DURING THE EVENT IF IN A GROUP.  There's always that one guy who thinks they are bad-&#! enough to solo cap the enemy.  Spoiler alert: they aren't and will blow the mission.

Extremely annoying event at times with entire tilesets getting locked with no console in sight, capture targets having spawned 2 flights of stairs away from their exit making it impossible to catch them and other shenanigans made this event more frustrating than challenging or fun.

Also having to use melee AGAIN while there is still a problem around with vertical hit detection was also probably not the brightest of ideas. 

Edit:

Fun fact, it took me considerable LESS time to scan, solo kill the juggernaut and find the exit 3 times in a row than it took to get the 3 points from 6-9 trying to catch these Usain Bolt in disguise super nullies. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Scoliac or other copter weapons and you can catch up pretty well. I didn't catch many freeze procs - I don't even know where they came from.

Eris Hive tileset was a bit problematic and it helps going together. Which is a problem for some because they get lost or have trouble getting through enemies.

Scoliac or other copter weapons and you can catch up pretty well. I didn't catch many freeze procs - I don't even know where they came from.

Eris Hive tileset was a bit problematic and it helps going together. Which is a problem for some because they get lost or have trouble getting through enemies.

not forget to mention stupid random lockdowns on which you must spend your precious time while the bich will eventually fly.