Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Anti-Taxi System

What the starchart needs is more diverse missions. Less recycling of enemies and tiles. I don't blame DE, however; Warframe is still a work in progress. I'm sure missions will get more and more diverse as development continues.

As it stands, though, the only difference between Venus and Pluto (besides the boss fights in each) is how much damage the enemies do and how much effective HP they can have. Bigger numbers aren't interesting on their own.

PureIcarus, none of that was Game Design Theory, not only that but it seems that your trying to say "true gamers" have OCD. An actual princible of game design is that the designer doesn't make a game or challenge for themselves or to be done for themselves. It is imperative to design with the audience in mind and to take into consideration when making a game that there are many varied ways for different audiences to experience a game. There is no correct way to play a game outside of how the audience enjoys it, forcing the designer's goals upon the audience is akin to an act of self gratification, Games are made for the player, not the designer.

What the starchart needs is more diverse missions. Less recycling of enemies and tiles. I don't blame DE, however; Warframe is still a work in progress. I'm sure missions will get more and more diverse as development continues.

As it stands, though, the only difference between Venus and Pluto (besides the boss fights in each) is how much damage the enemies do and how much effective HP they can have. Bigger numbers aren't interesting on their own.

Well i could not agree anymore,As the devstream talk about them taking junk mission out i can clearly say i am hopping this to be the new refresher.Okay but their is also a little bit more.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/471601-endgame-20-analyzing-the-causes-of-warframes-lack-of-endgame-and-solving-the-problems-one-by-one/page-2#entry5259300 their is this thread and so far is getting good but it also addressed that even if we are done with our requirement the continuation of whats going in the beginning is what goes in the end nothing really change except for the enemy scaling so i am hopping alot stuff gets change for the end game and as for limiting people on weapons i am actually HOPE that crits gets moved to the enemy instead of the weapon having it.

Games are made for the player, not the designer.
In theory this should be true but when we face reality doesn't the designer make something he enjoys making?He has in mind the players,but does anyone compromise what they enjoy for another person?Even the developers the new idea of parkour they had was changed,The community called chroma original helmet ugly basically and so they gave him a new one the designer compromise their vision for the player ,but did they really they still put the helmet in the game was it for themselves or the players.Yes some accepted it but the truth it they worked on that helmet it was already gonna go in the game one way or another.
Games are made for the player, not the designer.
So yes this would be true ,BUT we are selfish people who have emotion,ideas,and our own perspective that we follow. Edited by Leavith

I would disagree even if start chat 239.0 weren't on the way. Most nodes are ghost towns, without taxis many players would be locked out of most content.

Unless they actually Played the game.... How are people still missing this?... All the nodes are Soloable... if you hit a wall, go through it, don't try to find a way around it.

Well, as a responce to all the hate.... read the first post.... Go back to your easy mode games, Warframe is not an easy mode game, nor do i intend to let it become one. I personally feel any player who is in favor of full Taxiing ability should be punished simply for the fact that they are promoting an easy mode game. Work for your stuff or get out. 

Im so unbelievably tired of Developers Caving to no skill players simply because something is "Too hard" or "Too grindy". First off, this game is easy as cake as it is.... I want a real challenge. Second, This game isnt grindy, completing all the nodes is not a grind fest... and if you think it is... maybe you shouldn't be playing this game. 

As a final point before i start ignoring all the other people who start leaving annoying posts about promoting Taxiing.... I am not Anti- new player.... i am Anti Easy mode, anti-cheaters, anti-Nerfing.... This game is too easy, and then the Developers come along and cave to the new players who dont want to try and then it gets easier.... THEN.... the game dies. What happens when all the High Teir players get tired of how easy this game gets, they quit.... then the new players dont get their taxies.... so they are stuck with 2 options. Play the game, or quit. Id suggest playing the game.... but seing as 90% of them beg the rec chat for a taxi, its pretty sad.

Warframe is an easymode game.  What parts are remotely difficult?  Lephantis?!  The raid is the only thing that is difficult here.

Being able to taxi is an important feature that allows veteran players to entice their friends or other newbs to play or continue playing.  It's a "Hey, this is what's on the other side of the wall." tactic and it's valuable.

DE already made it so that the node doesn't unlock from a taxi, the only other reasonable thing I can see for them to do is to make it impossible to taxi unless it's someone in your clan or on your friends list.

The other posters are correct, the best solution to this is to make the missions more playable, more interesting.  Give the slackers a reason to run the entire starchart instead of asking for a taxi.  

And yes, I do have the entire thing unlocked, and yes, I did 90% of it on my own.

DE already made it so that the node doesn't unlock from a taxi, 

node do not unlock on taxi alert.

But if ur taxi to a boss it is unlock

if ur taxi to an invasion nodes it unlock

and if ur plain taxi outside an alert it unlock

and as for Raid the only difficulty i see with that is...........Oh yeah lack of communication and people not doing their job which is truly the only reason why they were brought on the RAID to do their job(so to me <<<<<that should not be happening)

as for the fact of it being easy game mode unless ur smarter then the average bear.....Which ur a not bear or your Let say versatile in using a lot of weapon and have variety of thing to use and mods to equip if you fit i none of this category the game is not kind to you.

Be a mag taxi to Draco for the purpose of pulling cause you manage to use your starting plat to acquire greedy pull because you heard that's the way mag do mag.Yeah,now even in easy mission as you could see on recruit thing people are looking for ever since i profiled that one guy who name has gone over my head i been profiling other people who ask help on alerts,invasion,t1 keys,bosses,or anything that has the word taxi. mainly because i already been in the topic for a bit to long and i don't want to be ignorant when i say....that i learn 5 things through doing this profile things, helping them out ,and asking them myself.

They fit into 5 categories

1 the skipper- a person who just want to see what at the other side does not care about any nodes because their is nothing interesting between(which it can be agreed)want to hurry up and get to the fun.

2 the lazy- person who noticed something he want he can do it himself but wants to not apply himself so he just says taxi.in no way or form is it challenge for him but so spoiled and used to other doing the work he just ask for taxi

3 the opportunist-The smartest and most cunning one who sees the chance to advance himself to hit the mastery rank to take opportunity to better himself at the expense of other work,sure he applies himself but because he hasn't advance himself to that point he still being carried on the team he doesn't mind take the opportunity to learn .he uses Taxi or other forms to get himself in situation were he will gain things he does not have the capacity to do so by himself,and takes the opportunity

4 the leech-That GUY,who really just uses the taxi to go somewhere that he cannot is like a mixture of the lazy and the opportunist ,but really is just their to pick up mods, pick up experience ,pick up the reward ,and to get out.provides nothing to the squad and just leeches quality he dies a lot and gets mad.He is that guy you bring to key share and says he got the key but at the end of the run he leaves.

5 the sincere player/lonely player-so this guy well he has 2 reason no ill instant he can pull his weight and truly is shown at the end when we see the results he just wanted the chance to acquire a reward from an alert or a reward from an invasion,ask for the vendor at relay to better himself.

and the lonely player well he just doesn't want to run a mission alone he want to have a party and usually that mission no one is doing.

Edited by Leavith

Look.... People can post constructive critiques all they want.... they are welcome and will gradualy refine my solution to a point where many people can agree.... but i will never agree that "taxiing is a good thing". In no way (other than time limited alerts for BPs) is it a good thing. MMOs call it boosting, FPS games call it hacking, Many others call it cheating.

IF you feel taxing is a good thing.... then the only other solution would be to limit its effectiveness.... First, EXP Gain, Resource Rates and Credit Rates should be reduced by 50-75% for players who have not unlocked the node, Second Blueprint parts should be reduced to 1-2 per day unless the node is unlocked, and third, The node will not be unlocked for that player if the previous ones are not unlocked... that way they can still be taxied, but will never become over-reliant on it because its much more efficient to run things in their range and gives more incentive to unlock the nodes.

This will also eliminate a vast majority of the Draco Farmers that have not unlocked it as well.

Unless they actually Played the game.... How are people still missing this?... All the nodes are Soloable... if you hit a wall, go through it, don't try to find a way around it.

Yes, in a game whose main feature is multiplayer, let's force players to solo. Also no, not everyone can solo all those nodes.

Honestly, why? What is the point of this? How does taxiing detract from the game?

i am actually okay if a higher player says hey those anyone need help with getting to this alert i will help you or with finishing a mission.

i don't feel okay with taxi to ceres boss ur gonna skip the best part the hijack and no ur not being force to solo as you can clearly go into multiplayer and join a node with the other people who are trying to do the start chart or farming a node.Get a squad of your favorite mates and do the darn mission.you will have fun getting to ceres boss and you will be ready to fight and provide support.

Again, most of the nodes are ghost towns. Finding a group for them is hard, if not impossible, depending on how much time you've got to wait around.

Seriously, what is the point of this? How does it detract from your gameplay if someone else taxis?

Edited by motorfirebox

I supporting taxi'ing people for now because the current solar chart is a bloated mess with a bunch of redundant nodes that no one is playing. 

How do any of you expect new players to unlock nodes if no one is playing them? All most of you do is play Draco/Void, but then wonder why new players are asking for taxi's instead of unlocking the huge amount of dead/empty nodes, that are mostly the same missions over again. 

Not that it matters anyway. I am pretty sure when they do re-work the solar chart, that the whole taxi'ing thing will be a completely unnecessary antiquity from the past. 

I supporting taxi'ing people for now because the current solar chart is a bloated mess with a bunch of redundant nodes that no one is playing. 

How do any of you expect new players to unlock nodes if no one is playing them? All most of you do is play Draco/Void, but then wonder why new players are asking for taxi's instead of unlocking the huge amount of dead/empty nodes, that are mostly the same missions over again. 

Not that it matters anyway. I am pretty sure when they do re-work the solar chart, that the whole taxi'ing thing will be a completely unnecessary antiquity from the past. 

Your correct but i don't run draco much or void myself if anything i do interception ,survival,defense on planets like mercury,venus,mars,and earth.....just to see if any player is running but both old as well as new avoid this nodes so i usually solo not on solo mode but public to see if anyone joins.at most dark sectors are being used then we got apollorus on mercury and of course any mission the tutorial ask you to do.....huh i wonder why....but besides that about nobody is running other except for bosses because they drop frame parts.

The onus is on DE to make nodes that players want to go to, not on players to play nodes they don't find interesting (or, more accurately, rewarding) enough.

The onus is on DE to make nodes that players want to go to, not on players to play nodes they don't find interesting (or, more accurately, rewarding) enough.

I'm not criticizing players for just playing void/draco. I'm criticizing players who just play void/draco, and then get annoyed/wonder why new players need taxi's so much, and wonder/complain why new players don't unlock the solar chart. And the answer is because everyone is somewhere else. 

But as I said, DE is working on fixing the solar chart, and then that happens, taxi'ing is probably no longer necessary at that point. 

I'm not criticizing players for just playing void/draco. I'm criticizing players who just play void/draco, and then get annoyed/wonder why new players need taxi's so much, and wonder/complain why new players don't unlock the solar chart. And the answer is because everyone is somewhere else. 

But as I said, DE is working on fixing the solar chart, and then that happens, taxi'ing is probably no longer necessary at that point. 

Totally agree

While the recruiting channel is filled with void/draco, the other parts of solar chart is practically ghost town, even most boss nodes

Tbf, most low levels planets like earth, venus, mercury, and mars usually still have an open 1-3 squad because some new people, especially one that doesn't know about draco, do some missions there, but when I'm about to go to planets from saturn and beyond(some nodes of jupiter still have some people, especially salad's themisto node) are little to none of squad found. My internet connection isn't really good so while I can see people posting chats, I can't send any message ask for a squad, and currently I'm stuck at sedna just one node before fighting kala de thaym and I couldn't manage to pass the survival node before that(don't just tell me to git gud, it won't help anything)

I don't particularly agree or not about taxi'ing since as I said above that my internet connection itself prevent me to communicate with anyone, but with that the solar chart really need a bit of re-work to encourage people to play on other nodes

Totally agree

While the recruiting channel is filled with void/draco, the other parts of solar chart is practically ghost town, even most boss nodes

Tbf, most low levels planets like earth, venus, mercury, and mars usually still have an open 1-3 squad because some new people, especially one that doesn't know about draco, do some missions there, but when I'm about to go to planets from saturn and beyond(some nodes of jupiter still have some people, especially salad's themisto node) are little to none of squad found. My internet connection isn't really good so while I can see people posting chats, I can't send any message ask for a squad, and currently I'm stuck at sedna just one node before fighting kala de thaym and I couldn't manage to pass the survival node before that(don't just tell me to git gud, it won't help anything)

I don't particularly agree or not about taxi'ing since as I said above that my internet connection itself prevent me to communicate with anyone, but with that the solar chart really need a bit of re-work to encourage people to play on other nodes

See the point shouldn't be to get more people to taxi, but to get more people to play the other nodes.... Discouraging Taxiing and Making the rest of the nodes more interesting is necessary, but forcing new players to rely on taxiing is not good for the environment of the game. I want DE to remove the ability to taxi to an extent, but make the other nodes worth playing. 

I can say that I tend to Taxi people to certain places even though I can get to most of them ... Mostly Forma BPs, Catalyst/Reactor and Helmet Alerts. That said though I try to be the first to help people when they ask for it on recruiting. That and I admit to spending A LOT of time doing Vault Runs with the newer players XD

Hell. I'm mastery rank 9, been playing the game for about 2ish years now, started back when we had a box for a ui, but still haven't gotten all the nodes. The wading of proverbial S#&amp;&#036; nodes is too much for me to bare. Honestly, all the missions beside defense, survival, and spy don't give you anything other than credits, so what's the point of actually playing them? This is one of the biggest problems in Warframe right now, and inadequate reward system and a dilution of missions for the sake of "choice".