Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Anti-Taxi System

Once again... another wall of Text that no one feels like reading...... Please try to shorten your point if you want to make a point.... some people are actually playing warframe.

And as a rebuttle.... if someone wants to "help" you rob a bank, does it make it legal?

Apples to oranges. To use your same analogy right back at you, it's okay to rob a bank as long as you've robbed all the other shops in between your house and that bank.

Apples to oranges. To use your same analogy right back at you, it's okay to rob a bank as long as you've robbed all the other shops in between your house and that bank.

but if you go to rob the bank, you have all the cash from all the shops as well. you cant just jump straight to the bank until you understand how.

Your pained analogy doesn't really work PureIcarus, and people read KirukaChan's post just fine. I am worried that KirukaChan's post was on the money though, it seems you just have a toxic attitude towards newer players. There is nothing wrong with helping players despite your seemingly toxic attitude towards multiplayer. Playing the game in the manner a player wants is not in anyway equal to robbery, one is the behavior they made an account for and the other is victimizing people without cause for personal gain. If you consider people playing the game to be equal to robbery I am not sure that your taking this discussion seriously or if you are honestly serious, should be interacting with other people.

Yea yea... you're all gunna disagree with me.... get over it.... I suggest a system be in place that makes it so players cannnot be taxied to nodes they have not unlocked themselves.... All i ever see is players asking for Taxies to alerts, Taxies to Draco, Taxies to bosses.... its pretty sad. Whats the point to having 250+ nodes, if players skip 90% of them? its not too hard to unlock all the nodes in order, takes a few hours of heavy grinding, or a few days at a relaxing pace. 

So, once again, i suggest removing the ability to taxi low players to high missions. 

And to all the hate im sure im gunna get.... Blah Blah Blah.... go back to your easy mode games.

Any actual point in starting a thread, if you're default position is "I'm right and you are all wrong" ?

Even assuming it will still be possible after the changes, if my friends wanted to come along to a game in a node that they had not unlocked it's none of your beeswax. Stop telling other people how to play a free game.

You can start private games and be a "Mission Nazi" and be all like "no mission for you!" all you like, but if it's a PUG, you don't get to dictate to other people on what to do.

The whole "unlocking the Star Chart" is ZERO indication of skill. The only skill involved in doing so is "patience" in selecting a node you don't have unlocked yet (when it's a mission like Defense or Survival or Interception that you might not want to do solo) and wait for hours for a team to form.

The only "fix" for something like this would be like the Syndicate method, where unless you have enough <something with a number> high enough, you don't "unlock" parts of the Solar Map, and I think that if that happened, people would be very unhappy.

I'd like to share a different analogy than the robbery one. I equate this game and the players within it to be similar to kids on a playground.

Typically, on a playground, kids have the option of playing alone, or with a small (or large) group. There's swings, sandboxes, monkey bars, tether ball, jungle gyms in need of regular (or any) maintenance, etc.. The great thing about a playground is that they can house all of these different activities. Everyone can have fun in their own way. Sweet, sweet co-existence. If someone doesn't know what they want to do, they can wander around and observe until something or someone calls out to them.

There is an important rule to adhere to on a playground, though: don't ruin other peoples' fun. We don't need some party pooper coming along and kicking over someone else's sand castle. Leave the sand castle alone. The sand castle's existence does not affect anyone playing outside the sandbox. Even inside the sandbox, sandboxes can get pretty big and contain lots of sand. Enough for multiple castles.

Sadly, some people just take pleasure in kicking over others' sand castles. Coincidentally, some people also have the charisma of week-old chicken wing bones that have become green and fuzzy.

Edited by [DE]Danielle
language

Well, as a responce to all the hate.... read the first post.... Go back to your easy mode games, Warframe is not an easy mode game, nor do i intend to let it become one. I personally feel any player who is in favor of full Taxiing ability should be punished simply for the fact that they are promoting an easy mode game. Work for your stuff or get out. 

Im so unbelievably tired of Developers Caving to no skill players simply because something is "Too hard" or "Too grindy". First off, this game is easy as cake as it is.... I want a real challenge. Second, This game isnt grindy, completing all the nodes is not a grind fest... and if you think it is... maybe you shouldn't be playing this game. 

As a final point before i start ignoring all the other people who start leaving annoying posts about promoting Taxiing.... I am not Anti- new player.... i am Anti Easy mode, anti-cheaters, anti-Nerfing.... This game is too easy, and then the Developers come along and cave to the new players who dont want to try and then it gets easier.... THEN.... the game dies. What happens when all the High Teir players get tired of how easy this game gets, they quit.... then the new players dont get their taxies.... so they are stuck with 2 options. Play the game, or quit. Id suggest playing the game.... but seing as 90% of them beg the rec chat for a taxi, its pretty sad.

I wouldn't call it hate, as I said, your welcome to having an opinion. The opinion you've put forth is toxic and said in manner that has no bearing on what your seeming to imply as new players having a lack of skill or stealing, You don't seem to have a solid point except your pathological hatred of new players but say your 'anti-cheating' and 'anti-nerfing', in what way or logic is someone playing the game cheating? In what way is someone playing the game causing nerfs? Your logic or reasons I would love to actually know, 'Taxi's' do not open up nodes unless the node is one the player already could do alone. 'Taxis' open up planets to being explored due to the navigation segments being rewarded not because some level of a cheat, exploit, or even because of the player's newness.

Your 'arguement' makes no sense, is not given in anything but an attack on a group of players that you don't seem to like, and your answer is as 'a response to all this hate' is to simply try to say that players that don't want the game's multiplayer to be gutted are being mean and uncouth as you outright state that your not reading their posts because they have too many words. That does not come of as mature or thoughtful.

What you might want to say for your topic is that you would like the developers to focus on incentivizing players to play the starchart of their conclave level, One might suggest, with your stance, that enemies levels be adjusted to party level if the average player's conclave or gear rank is below certain levels so that the weaker players can still stay useful with end of mission rewards being adjusted to such modifications. It could be suggested that since some players get a head of the grind game by acquiring prime gear that such gear should be made only tradeable or useable to certain mastery ranks, sure this punishes all the players involved for doing the hardest current content within the warframe player's power plateau, but that would keep the newer players from getting what some players feel is the equivalent of a disc one nuke. A person that cares about players might try to start a training program or talk to the people that he is calling 'cheaters' and try to help them become better with their behavior to a more socially accepted norm or clear the star chart in a manner that the veteran player considers more acceptable.

This is not Mario with its straight paths and even it had the warp whistles and pipes; the game is still in beta, and story is being inserted little by little; the entire arguement to things like the upcoming node reduction is that there is too much redundancy in the starchart and not particularly any reason for doing it and this is the devs saying that! I suggest that you take a more enlightened view of your fellow players and allow them to play the game the way they enjoy it, or to be like Orcus on his throne and let the game evolve and observe how players actually play and that skill is not measured by mastery rank, conclave, or having primes and collecting - skill and such are subjective. People need help, they will ask for help, it is the mark of the strong to assist those that need it. If players want to help other players get alerts, invasions, or beat up bosses; I say let them and I thank them for making the community a better, less toxic place.

I wouldn't call it hate, as I said, your welcome to having an opinion. The opinion you've put forth is toxic and said in manner that has no bearing on what your seeming to imply as new players having a lack of skill or stealing, You don't seem to have a solid point except your pathological hatred of new players but say your 'anti-cheating' and 'anti-nerfing', in what way or logic is someone playing the game cheating? In what way is someone playing the game causing nerfs? Your logic or reasons I would love to actually know, 'Taxi's' do not open up nodes unless the node is one the player already could do alone. 'Taxis' open up planets to being explored due to the navigation segments being rewarded not because some level of a cheat, exploit, or even because of the player's newness.

Your 'arguement' makes no sense, is not given in anything but an attack on a group of players that you don't seem to like, and your answer is as 'a response to all this hate' is to simply try to say that players that don't want the game's multiplayer to be gutted are being mean and uncouth as you outright state that your not reading their posts because they have too many words. That does not come of as mature or thoughtful.

What you might want to say for your topic is that you would like the developers to focus on incentivizing players to play the starchart of their conclave level, One might suggest, with your stance, that enemies levels be adjusted to party level if the average player's conclave or gear rank is below certain levels so that the weaker players can still stay useful with end of mission rewards being adjusted to such modifications. It could be suggested that since some players get a head of the grind game by acquiring prime gear that such gear should be made only tradeable or useable to certain mastery ranks, sure this punishes all the players involved for doing the hardest current content within the warframe player's power plateau, but that would keep the newer players from getting what some players feel is the equivalent of a disc one nuke. A person that cares about players might try to start a training program or talk to the people that he is calling 'cheaters' and try to help them become better with their behavior to a more socially accepted norm or clear the star chart in a manner that the veteran player considers more acceptable.

This is not Mario with its straight paths and even it had the warp whistles and pipes; the game is still in beta, and story is being inserted little by little; the entire arguement to things like the upcoming node reduction is that there is too much redundancy in the starchart and not particularly any reason for doing it and this is the devs saying that! I suggest that you take a more enlightened view of your fellow players and allow them to play the game the way they enjoy it, or to be like Orcus on his throne and let the game evolve and observe how players actually play and that skill is not measured by mastery rank, conclave, or having primes and collecting - skill and such are subjective. People need help, they will ask for help, it is the mark of the strong to assist those that need it. If players want to help other players get alerts, invasions, or beat up bosses; I say let them and I thank them for making the community a better, less toxic place.

How many times do i have to say this... im not gunna read a wall of text. 

As for what i did pick up while skiming, yea, the way im putting it across may be toxic.... sure.... but thats because there are people begging for Taxies to alerts that are worth 5k credits or 1 neural Sensor... its gotten WAY out of hand. People are literally begging to be taken to places they have no unlocked. Its sad to see when players refused to just play the game and want all the shiny toys before they can even run the stuff. So a guy wants a taxi to an alert for a helm BP.... fine, let him go.... a Trollbaun peice? go a head.... But 1 Neural Sensor?.... 5k credits?......really?.... Whats the point other than trying to get ahead of what they are capable of running. If you toss a new player into a lvl 45+ missions, they are going to die. They dont have the mods, they dont have the frames, they dont have the weapons. There is a certain progressions to this game.... maybe its not to progress down the nodes in order.... but you still need the expirence and the tools before you can survive. The reason people are so concerned with MR is because they dont want players who just started, taxied to Sedna and got Saryn. They want players who have played the frames, players who have much much more experience with the frame they are using. Any other game out there, you cant just jump stright to endgame before progressing through the start and middle parts, why sould warframe be special? Why should we promote players being lazy, when its just as simple to find players to go through the other nodes.Honestly... i wouldnt have such an issue with this if it wasnt Constantly in Rec chat for taxies to a boss, or a credit alert, or even just random locations. If it was just for BP alerts, it would be fine, those are limited, you cant get them other places. But every other alert is easy to obtain. 

Oh the great Excalibur was born.

So far we have established that everyone here has a perspective that can be easily fixed.

To some extent some are happy with the opinion of taxi while others are not.

My own opinion i think i made it clear i am alright with taxi being use for alerts ,but not for nodes like for bosses or relays.This is setting well the fact of working for what u would like as example this certain warframe(ash,rhino,excalibur,rhino,saryn,ember,frost,nova,hydroid,loki,valkyr,mag).I am sure someone could argue about not having the time but bosses and relays those will always be their and if u work for it you can make it.

Alerts are not always their so i can agree being taxi to it and i believe we have a system already in place if ur taxi to an alert u don't unlock the node.

Now their are 2 type of toxic that is created from this situation.

One being as you guys like to call it elitism which discourages new players

and the other being

i will call it what it is Spoiling/Lazyness

Which discourages Old player

just read if ur interested

ONLY IMPORTANT PART

So if we can agree that both are bad is not one or the other.

And since we are all in love for metaphor

Lets call rewards=chocolate

and the player=kids

and we can call the DE=Parent

and candy=competition

I think this is what Purelcarus is saying

A Parent Giving a Kid to much chocolate that makes him sick will make him dislike chocolate and something completely different like candy

Giving a Kid Chocolate when he ask for it will spoil the kid and again sooner or later will ask not just chocolate but for more thing including things that candy provide

Now if a parent is giving the Kid chocolate because he works for it will make the Chocolate more meaningful and will appreciate chocolate and the parent more.

Now if a parent is giving the Kid chocolate because he got good grades and meet his goals (something he is expected to do) then the kid feels his work was not in vain and again appreciates the chocolate and the gift his parents gave him.

Now what i think other people are saying keeping the same analogy going but this time adding 1 new character and 1 change we got

Older brother and Younger brother Representing well the new and old player.

and the change being Grandma=competition and candy being the reward grandma provides.

A parent giving the older brother chocolate for being able to multiply but not younger brother will upset younger brother.And is not the younger brother fault because Younger brother has not even reach that level.So what will younger brother do ask the Parent and the parents will tell him why they did it,but that is not fair for younger brother so he will ask grandma and grandma will give younger brother candy.

Now a parent gives Older brother a chance for chocolate if he does a task if he meets a goal.So older brother instead of being stingy and taking the task all by himself ask younger brother if he wants to come .Then both at the end of the day get chocolate and their is no problem.grandma does no get involve.

SO what we should try to avoid is conflict between older brother and younger brother and make it so they are both happy.

The fact being if you provide an award like extra for the person that is Host(yes i know it will encourage more taxi) like a percent of the earning of the squad because right now being squad leader gives u no power.(i wish you could remove people from your squad we all have that one person who does nothing and u could have run the mission without him)That would encourage people to well be Host and not only do you help people but help new players so your both happy.Also in a bigger picture that provided bonus will encourage people to try to work for the ability to provide well the service of being host for a mission so they consider and work to finish the star map.
Because right now we gain no lore or story,reward or anything for completing the star map so no one is motivated to do it.

Edited by Leavith

I have only 1 problem with the current "taxi-system"

it started with me going on high level planets (Ceres/Eris) and doing missions as survival and mobile defense for some rare stances, and I started seeing players with MR as low as 3 joining the mission, just so they can leech some easy affinity, mods and resources.

I don't mind helping other players from time to time,new or old, but wanting to do those tips of planets with those players joining constantly, didn't leave me much choice when it came to my load-out as i had to do everything mostly, I started to get bored, aggravated and unhappy.

As a note, I can do all of them solo yes, but that would have dropped my chances of getting what i wanted as less mobs spawn when you are solo and its boring.

EDIT:This is what i experienced 50% of the time for 1 week with 3 to 5h a day of playing those planets/missions.

Edited by Othragan

Purelcarus, I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction in your posts.

First, you said that taxis to high level nodes that players don't have access to yet is promoting "easy mode" or "cheating". And yet in your next post, you said that if you toss said players into missions with level 45+ enemies, they are going to die. In other words, attempting to play a mission more challenging than what a player would normally have access to is "easy mode". And yet, if said player does have the Frames, mods, and weapons to handle those missions effectively, you don't consider that easy mode, despite how easy it is to faceroll almost any mission once you have good enough gear?

Honestly, if I offer a taxi, or I take up someone on their request for a taxi, I'm going in with the assumption that I'll have to carry the team. Despite this, I don't leave anyone behind. It's an extra bit of a spicy challenge for me, kind of like throwing a Rescue mission into another mission type. And if it turns out that the player(s) I'm helping can pull their weight, even if it's just the ability to keep themselves alive, that's just a pleasant surprise.

And really, DE caters to what you refer to as "easy mode" players because veterans alone will not keep the game alive, financially. Warframe needs to make money to continue to exist. The idea you suggested in the OP post would only hurt the playerbase. The only ones who would benefit (elitists) would only be benefiting in their heads. DE would not profit from this at all. Free-to-play games can't be compared to paid-up-front games in terms of their structure. There's an entirely different model and sets of priorities that developers follow.

This is the part that might interest you, a compromise that would let everyone have what they want for their own gameplay experience:

If DE really wanted to waste resources catering to this kind of toxicity, it would be more sensible to implement a feature into the chat channels in-game that allows players to not only ignore messages from specific players, but also to ignore all messages containing certain word(s). This way, the elitists wouldn't have to be dirtied by looking at any messages containing the word "taxi", and the players needing or offering taxis can conduct their usual business. It would have a ton of other uses, too. (Like in the Trading channel, I could block messages containing the word "offer", because I'm not playing that silly game.)

Additionally, DE could allow all players to set their public matchmaking to prevent players of certain mastery rank(s) from joining the game. This would benefit veterans farming Draco or farming for stances by keeping newbies out of their games and preventing surprise babysitting. It would benefit newbies who are trying to not play on easy mode by preventing veterans from joining their games and coptering through everything while spamming 4 and max Serration guns, ruining their own gameplay experience. Players could also choose whether or not sending or receiving invites also has to adhere to these mastery rank restrictions, which would make recruiting for Void missions or Raid missions a more streamlined process for those who care about mastery rank in their parties. If an invite fails, both the host and the recruit would see a generated message saying why the player wasn't allowed in (being too low or too high of a mastery rank). Hell, that feature could also be used to set what Conclave score range you wish to be paired up with, as I know some people recruit based on that rather than mastery rank.

Seems reasonable, right? We don't have to "punish" anyone. We don't have to only cater to one side or the other. "Punishing" players for not playing a certain way, despite having legitimate in-game access to other ways, is worthless garbage. Especially in a free-to-play game that is largely funded through micro transactions.

Co-existence is love. Co-existence is life.

Purelcarus, I'm seeing a bit of a contradiction in your posts.

First, you said that taxis to high level nodes that players don't have access to yet is promoting "easy mode" or "cheating". And yet in your next post, you said that if you toss said players into missions with level 45+ enemies, they are going to die. In other words, attempting to play a mission more challenging than what a player would normally have access to is "easy mode". And yet, if said player does have the Frames, mods, and weapons to handle those missions effectively, you don't consider that easy mode, despite how easy it is to faceroll almost any mission once you have good enough gear?

Honestly, if I offer a taxi, or I take up someone on their request for a taxi, I'm going in with the assumption that I'll have to carry the team. Despite this, I don't leave anyone behind. It's an extra bit of a spicy challenge for me, kind of like throwing a Rescue mission into another mission type. And if it turns out that the player(s) I'm helping can pull their weight, even if it's just the ability to keep themselves alive, that's just a pleasant surprise.

And really, DE caters to what you refer to as "easy mode" players because veterans alone will not keep the game alive, financially. Warframe needs to make money to continue to exist. The idea you suggested in the OP post would only hurt the playerbase. The only ones who would benefit (elitists) would only be benefiting in their heads. DE would not profit from this at all. Free-to-play games can't be compared to paid-up-front games in terms of their structure. There's an entirely different model and sets of priorities that developers follow.

This is the part that might interest you, a compromise that would let everyone have what they want for their own gameplay experience:

If DE really wanted to waste resources catering to this kind of toxicity, it would be more sensible to implement a feature into the chat channels in-game that allows players to not only ignore messages from specific players, but also to ignore all messages containing certain word(s). This way, the elitists wouldn't have to be dirtied by looking at any messages containing the word "taxi", and the players needing or offering taxis can conduct their usual business. It would have a ton of other uses, too. (Like in the Trading channel, I could block messages containing the word "offer", because I'm not playing that silly game.)

Additionally, DE could allow all players to set their public matchmaking to prevent players of certain mastery rank(s) from joining the game. This would benefit veterans farming Draco or farming for stances by keeping newbies out of their games and preventing surprise babysitting. It would benefit newbies who are trying to not play on easy mode by preventing veterans from joining their games and coptering through everything while spamming 4 and max Serration guns, ruining their own gameplay experience. Players could also choose whether or not sending or receiving invites also has to adhere to these mastery rank restrictions, which would make recruiting for Void missions or Raid missions a more streamlined process for those who care about mastery rank in their parties. If an invite fails, both the host and the recruit would see a generated message saying why the player wasn't allowed in (being too low or too high of a mastery rank). Hell, that feature could also be used to set what Conclave score range you wish to be paired up with, as I know some people recruit based on that rather than mastery rank.

Seems reasonable, right? We don't have to "punish" anyone. We don't have to only cater to one side or the other. "Punishing" players for not playing a certain way, despite having legitimate in-game access to other ways, is worthless garbage. Especially in a free-to-play game that is largely funded through micro transactions.

Co-existence is love. Co-existence is life.

And Another Wall of Text.... People need to learn that im not gunna read all of this. 

First off, i am not being toxic.. i am using my right as a member of the Tenno council to suggest a solution to a growing problem within Warframe.YES.... PROBLEM.... the ability to taxi players to high level areas im many games is refereed to as 'boosting', which can result in bans in many. The Main issue here is no the taxis in particular... its the fact that it has run rampant beyond simple assistance reaching time limited rewards. People are BEGGING for taxis to CREDIT alerts....CREDITS....its pathetic, they are not in it for the credits, they just wanna skip half the game... That is no how you play a game. 

Secondly, Easy mode refers to players who would rather skip most of the content in a game just to go to endgame.... This makes players soft, which in turn irritates hardcore players, which in turn makes players quit. You say they are concerned about the "new players".... sure... but that doesn't mean they need to baby them by allowing them to skip 90% of the game.Dark Souls 2 is an unbelievably hard game... no matter how many guides and tips people get, it doesn't make it easier... but Thousands of new players play it each and every single day.

Lastly, making someone run the missions the way they were intended is not punishment....

And i swear... the next person who calls me toxic.... i swear, they are not going to enjoy what i have to say to them. 

And i swear... the next person who calls me toxic.... i swear, they are not going to enjoy what i have to say to them.

I really want to

But on a topic you cannot say people contradict themselves when they state something different then what they 1st stated.

To the fact being that if the 2 things stated although are different don't conflict they don't contradict.WHAT FOLLOW IS AN EXAMPLE

Like me saying

i hate people who want stronger player to fight for them and beat the mission that the person could not pass because of lack of skill.(which i kind of don't but it does irritate me when someone runs a saryn or ash in the trials and is not utility build but a damage build is like U KNOW BETTER that your ulti is not gonna do much against all that bulk.)

And i can also say that i love it when player help each other out by bringing people who cannot defeat a mission with them to complete is(which i am cool with it) very nice of them and showing support to your fellow tenno

See this 2 thing can exist because one is A LOWER PLAYER USING NEW PLAYERS TO DO THEIR WORK FOR THEM AND USING WELL EXCUSES LIKE TO WEAK TO DO IT THEMSELVES

and that is something different when you compare it to the other one being A HIGHER PLAYER HELPING LOWER PLAYER COMPLETE THE WORK THEY CANNOT DO BECAUSE THEY ARE TO WEAK TO DO IT THEMSELVES

see it were originates that bother me one being working together and helping

while the other one is manipulating and just using(same thing)

one is higher player looking to help,the other is a lower player looking for higher player to help

And then their is DRACO

Lastly, making someone run the missions the way they were intended is not punishment....

I wasn't referring to that.

I personally feel any player who is in favor of full Taxiing ability should be punished simply for the fact that they are promoting an easy mode game.

I was referring to that.

Also, I'm glad you skipped reading the part that I actually thought might appeal to you, and might let us reach some reasonable middle ground. Either stand in opposition to laziness or don't, but pick one.

Regardless of the player to player interaction, taxiing, in a bare-bones concept, does nothing to hurt the player and the players they play with.

However, with the way it is currently used, MR0's being told it is best to farm x node, and the willingness of the community to invite these players to these nodes, at first, has an immediate positive benefit, and a long-coming negative effect.

The MR0 is receiving a large amount of affinity, creds, and resources for his level. His progress is suddenly rapid.

However, this player cannot fend for themselves appropriately in these nodes. They begin to form a dependence. And while I wouldn't want to point fingers at anyone, or to promote any sort of hatred, this dependence becomes detrimental as the player establishes themselves and wishes to branch out.

It is hard to break a habit, and when you are that player who has been depending on players for dozens of hours, I see it all too often. A MR7 hoping and demanding a taxi to a Gift of the Lotus on Mercury.

Yes, Mercury. I'm sure the player can definitely do the node themselves. After all, it's a level 7-10 Exterminate, with a ton of pubs running the node. When asked, they reply "I'd just like help".

This player has become so dependant on others inviting and doing for them they cannot do a Mercury mission without the comforting safety of a taxi-er. If this is not detrimental to the playerbase, I don't know what is.

Taxis help people, definitely, so it'd be unfair to scrap them entirely, but how can it be limited so the effect doesn't lead to a grating sense of dependence? I can see only taxis to alert nodes, or perhaps you can only be taxied to a planet one progression tier further than your last completed planet, or perhaps a combination of the two.

I see the problem, and perhaps OP hasn't done too well to identify and project what the problem is, but it does exist.

It is, however, important to note that this is not a player issue, it is a game system issue. It is only natural players will ask for these taxis, should they be an option.

I think an arguement of taxis creating a dependance on being taxied is a good point, some players may come to the conclusion that it is better to be taxi'd than play the maps themselves. A taste of power versus building to power yourself, I don't think this is as big an issue with the player base as implied but I could see how in a long term stance this could be an issue. The player not being ready for the higher level content, I would have to agree would be a game system issue rather than a player one, most players I aid usually don't need or even want my help for the average starchart missions wanting to hit most of them their selves but after a while, Leveling up mods like Serration, Hornet Strike, and such become required more and more to even scratch enemies - it is then that players need the assistance of veterans to help them get mods or beat higher level content.

One arguement in favor of taxis and positive player interaction in general is that it breeds a positive player enviroment and gives newer players both rare and sometimes needed equipment or mods and gives them a taste of what higher level content brings to the table. I think the bonuses of a more postive and social community outway the possible negatives of players asking for assistance at odd times and for odd reasons.

Taxi runs are a double edged sword - im happy to do it to help get that say cosmetic helmet they want but cant because its locked behind a tough node or two perhaps on a planet they HAVE unlocked but i also hate how often i get asked. Newer players want you to literally do all the work for them so they dont have to - i guess it depends on the player but taxi runs are not a bad thing and at some point or another we ALL piggy backed with someone.

I SAY LIMBO YOU BETTER LIMBO(this one is a joke)

. thats just kin

d of how things really worked in my aspect i like to have in sync squad even if ur being taxi i hope u put effort when i tag you along. At least be a support frame if i bring u along or be a meat shield rhino(i know rhino is not the only way to go ,but come on he is easy to get)

,but provide some sort of help.

I usually run solo if i am gonna do something that benefits no one but me. I usually bring a squad if other can benefit from example T4 exterminate i can solo no problem even C.Vor ,but bringing a squad not only helps but makes it easier,but like someone mention is not just well the player but the way the system plays out.

When u enter recruiting you got people looking for a certain Void Tower or Draco.And if u ever pulled out their mastery rank i mean in most cases this people do know whats going on.,but sometimes u got folks like mastery rank 3......Looking for well T4 no issue with that right they are just trying to get(that bo prime handle) and item and is not a taxi.

So well as you said

WE ALL PIGGY BACKED WITH SOMEONE

Me nah is either we are in a symbiotic mutualism relationship or i run solo.No need for parasitism no commensalism. As CARNIVOROUS I ONLY GOT TIME FOR OMNIVOROUS NOT HERBIVOROUS. The animal kingdom analogy have come.

See the thing is i wish you could pull up the information as you go on in the mission because well is easier to see who is providing for the group and who is not.And in most cases i like using loki because when i find out your not omnivorous(ur not providing) u get switch teleport in front of juggernaut charging or about to place his path of minions stomp.(or worst as it goes) i call it learn to be productive or DIE(kidding) well more like leave.(BUT LEAVITH not everyone can be productive specially if they don't have the right gear,equipment,and frame and that when i say well how did he even get pass the 1st door and i get told well he had help(lots of it to be exact)

You see in a way being taxi and not running normal mission has a detrimental effect that just hit me like bullet train.

You guys know we lvl up mods right.SO if u don't run mission u cannot get mods and even if ur only using draco and ur mag u still don;t get access to the mods in well the other faction.(But that cool more plat for me when ur looking for them in trading)

but serration need to be lvled up and forma ur equipment should be ur only excuse for having access to high lvl content and well not being productive

Edited by Leavith

Yes lets keep all the new players without catalysts, reactors, energy siphon, corrosive projection, rejuvenation and without warframes...

I only taxi ppl to alerts/invasions because I know how is play 1k hours without geting a CP or Vauban part...

Edited by srlhama

That is one possibility, or it could be that the player is wanting a safe escort while being worried about the Stalker. Also, calling the player out and showing a screencap of his profile could be viewed as naming and shaming type behavior. I don't really think its our place to try to judge someone based on the way they choose to play the game, some players don't even know how to unlock Mars in the first place coming in from the new player experience since the Mars nav is not rewarded during the tutorial fight with Vor. Its confusing to many players I have talked to, that they need to fight Vor again outside the tutorial to get Mars. Hek, this example fellow could have cleared Eris and never even gone the Mars path!

While the concept of players becoming reliant on taxis is certainly a problem that should be addressed, I don't feel that players asking for help shouild be ostercized, shamed, or humiliated. As I said, in my experience, most players are more than willing to hit the starchart themselves after feeling they have a fair leg (or unfair to the poor Grineer prospective) on the missions. When it comes to making warframes, getting resources for gear, or getting alerts and invasions, I don't feel any problem helping another player; and I feel, it improves the state of the community as a whole.

@Urlan i suppose you could be right with all the speculation in what you think the reason for him to do this,but i decided to look at his weapons and then stats and well i looked at his boss kill on grineer no matter how you look at it boss kills having more then 1 means he killed Vor More then once.I mean technically you can look at his profile and weapon he owned a paris prime and runs an oberon who is max rank like other frame he has so i do not think he is as new as he looked it just so happend he needs a taxi to invasion because he does not have those nodes unlock,Oh yeah before i forget if u defeat the invasion boss phorid in party don;t you have acces to that node even if the boss was phorid.

I do agree on shaming and humiliation i do apologies if i am,but i kind of using him to serve as an example to this fact and i am not just calling him out ,but all the other people who do this.

And if u care to see his profile send him a friend request using the system then look in your friend list and you can see his name in the pending list .then you can look at his profile their will be have urr verification,as for a stalker appearing on him i looked at the lvl of the invasion that was going on in mars and well the enemy was lvl 11-16 and if he just wanted an escort any party would do to kill the Stalker specially the stalker at that level.

And well after looking at once again to verify i can agree with this

is a very lazy player, a player not meant for a fast paced game such as warframe. He is doing nothing more than useing other players to advance himself. Im not saying all players that get taxied are like this.... but this is a perfect example of what happens, they become over-reliant on taxies to obtain materials, BPs and Alert rewards.
Edited by Leavith

Oh, aren't we self righteous demigods? What's wrong with helping someone out in a pve game? Giving the fact that you can buy everything worth having with plat in this game, taxi should be your last concern.

How about DE makes Soma Prime and whatever the hell else higher MR required (maybe 18+), or lower the drop chances for all the mods, so "veterans" can feel better about themselves when they join random pugs and show off their shiny syandanas and over 9000 damage weapons. 

Also, giving the fact that most of the star chart has boring missions and missions types it's no wonder players are not willing to play them just for the sake of having them completed. That's not lazy, its effective time management. 

"a player not meant" ? Really? If he likes the game he's a player meant for it! It's not up to you or anyone else to say who's meant and who's not. Please guys, get off your high horse...

Oh, aren't we self righteous demigods? What's wrong with helping someone out in a pve game? Giving the fact that you can buy everything worth having with plat in this game, taxi should be your last concern.

How about DE makes Soma Prime and whatever the hell else higher MR required (maybe 18+), or lower the drop chances for all the mods, so "veterans" can feel better about themselves when they join random pugs and show off their shiny syandanas and over 9000 damage weapons. 

Also, giving the fact that most of the star chart has boring missions and missions types it's no wonder players are not willing to play them just for the sake of having them completed. That's not lazy, its effective time management. 

"a player not meant" ? Really? If he likes the game he's a player meant for it! It's not up to you or anyone else to say who's meant and who's not. Please guys, get off your high horse...

hahaha, and people said i was a toxic player.... you sir need to understand something......

Games are more than what "gamers" perceive them as. What you see in a game is something completely different from what i see in a game. When a game is designed, it is designed for the players to progress through, not skip 90% of it. When a game is designed, its designed so players can grow as the games difficulty grows.... Skiping the middle of the game violates multiple principals of game design. Not only that, it violates the very principal that makes a gamer... a gamer. However, seeing as 70% of players enjoy skiping the levels, im just going to put this in here as well.... 

There is a difference between a "gamer" and a "true gamer". A gamer players to finish the game, to reach end game and thats their only goal. A True gamer plays the game to enjoy the game... If you are skipping most of the game, you are not enjoying the game, you are merely playing the game to reach the end. Did any player that put 1200 hours into Skyrim skip 80% of the game every play-through? no. Do any of the players who play League of Legends instantly hit gold league? no. Do any of the Console generation FPS games allow you to skip the first 8 Campaign missions to skip to the end? No. Starting to see my point? You don't or cant skip things in any other games.... why do it here? You find the normal missions as a boring grind? then go play another game.

This is a Philosophy of Game Design... Games are not black and white.... and if you cant see that, than you are already lost.