Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

[DE]Drew

June 5Th: Community Hot Topics!

2,065 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

How do you feel about Stamina in Warframe?

This one is easy, get rid of it.

What is your initial opinion of the proposed Solar Map changes? (see below for details)

How do we know what this refers to? We havent seen any concrete ideas coming from DE. Why not post a workshop or something similar?

How much instruction do you think Trials should provide to players?

Specifically what instruction? Weighted buttons dont need much of an explanation.

Do you think there should be a progression system that goes higher than 30?

Again, specifically what? This is the first ive heard of it, so its probably a new idea. Im curious to see where it goes.

About the star chart: if the goal is to get more players to interact more, shouldn't the chat room error 10054 be overcome first? Could even make a notification in-game, similar to the waypoints a player uses. I've read all I could about it but I'm no computer programmer I can't tell my router to override what its doing.

I would like an in-game ping saying that a teammate is wanting to chat but you are disconnected.

With the stamina: running shouldn't cost any but jumping and wallrun should. Non-combo melee attacks and blocking shouldn't. Special combo moves should.

As for the raids people are really stupid! Sorry for the word but there's no other way I can describe them it took me two runs to figure everything out without no one explaining to me nothing! And I tried to explain it to the other guys and it was futile... the first part is not hard that's why it should not have any directions at all. The first part is hard if you don't cordinate correctly so you should not make it easier by giving instructions. >:(

Re: Stamina

Stamina is an odd thing. Personally, I've worked around it reasonably for most of my Melee tactics, in as much as I slot Quick Rest and call it a day. I can't actually recall when I generally pay attention to the bar, especially in the thick of a fight; you can still combo with no Stamina left, in my experience.

Personally, either turning it into the resource used for Channelling Attacks exclusively could be a way to keep it around, but other than that...I really don't know. Compared to games where the limitation of your stamina is a significant factor in your actions, here it's easily circumvented and just a nuisance when it dries up, especially if you're not trying to coptor/flip everywhere to get around that limitation.

Re: Star Chart

As of the moment, we need more information. Theoretically, matters will improve and, if I understand the Manifesto post from a while back, one of the prospects is making missions feel more substantial in a way. As someone mentioned above, not just running a mission because it gives you the stuff you want, but because it has some manner of impact on the wider situation.

Whatever might happen, we need more information as of now to really have a good discussion about it, beyond outlining concerns.

Re: Prestige levels

I'm not really sure what it'd bring new to the situation. Both Forma and the Min/Max of abilities and powers covers a lot of that if someone really must face a level 100 swarm of Grineer. Adding an additional number of levels which is, ultimately, no more than further raw power would just be woefully unnecessary.

I can't say I've any idea of what this should take, really. What use is more power when the power is already sufficient to go well beyond what's necessary? How would you provide an incentive for it, let alone a purpose?

Power, and by extension Prestige Levels, are something you earn to face a stronger opponent. There's nothing we can't face with the power available to us now unless we're actively avoiding anything 'Meta' worthy in favour of having some semblance of challenge. Even then, we can win the day, more often than not.

Apologies for going on, as always.

Stamina

Stamina has no place in this game. At all. I really hope it just goes away, period. Blocking needing adjustments though? Nope, outright just removing Stamina would finally make Blocking (and going meleemode) a worthwhile addition, rather than just a gimmick. Leave it unrestricted.

As for the Stamina-affecting mods (Quick Rest, Marathon, Acrobat), well, revamp them into something new and worthwhile (come on, you don't need to ask for help here, you guys are creative!) or just make them into fusion cores, just like you did with ability mods.

Star Chart

Removing all duplicate missions from a planet (why does there have to be 5 Hive missions on Eris, for example?), that sounds totally fine. But the 20 nodes only, dictated by RNG, ABSOLUTELY NOT! We have enough RNG in this game as it is, leave SOMETHING to not be dictated by it! I like the choices we have now, it's one of the better parts of this game, don't remove that! :(

Trials

I haven't tried them myself, but from what I've heard, they are way too unclear. Some guidance sounds nice.

Warframe after 30

We really don't need more levels. No need to reinvent the wheel just because. What DOES need a look at though is the difference in scaling in regards to enemy-defense-scaling, weapon-damagemod-scaling and ability-scaling. Currently, enemy defenses generally scales more in line with our weapon damagemods, but (flat damage) abilities can hardly be made to scale at all. Tone down our weapon damagemods and enemy defensive scalings (ARMOR is the biggest culprit here, by far), then everything would be much better.

But us, the players' levels? We are fine with 30 levels, really no need to change that.

Warframe after 30: increase ability levels. Think about it, warframes are meant to have increadible power. I would love to have my warframe main abilities go beyond level 3.

On stamina, the only concerns I have are blocking and the return of charge attacks. Blocking as it stands now is a fine maneuver for keeping you alive, but stamina keeps you from doing it indefinitely. If stamina is completely removed, nothing could keep this in check, but I think I have an idea.

Make stamina-less blocking have diminishing returns. The longer you block, eventually the less damage mitigation you have until a certain amount of time goes by...maybe five seconds or so, given Warframe's high-speed nature. Mods on stamina could be reworked to affects these values. This could even help a player's choice in melee weapons: smaller, lighter weapons would be more proficient at stopping small arms fire, while heavy weapons could be better at blocking Gorgons and rockets. Longswords could be a middle-of-the-road option.

Charge attacks could work on a timing system as well: perform a certain amount of them in quick succession and you'll have to wait a short time to do them anymore. Again, could be mitigated with mods.

ditch stamina just get rid of it, there is no reason to have it at all besides having it be an awful anti fun mechanic, it kills parkour, it kills sprinting, it makes blocking useless because one or 2 shots from a level 20 enemy the bar is gone and your just standing there like a dumbass.

It causes more harm than good and if we were to even try to make it more relevant we would just be causing even more harm.

KILL STAMINA! get rid of the bar get rid of the stat and just get rid of the mods related to stamina

lving beyond 30 should give more innate bonuses like punch through, damage, mod capacity etc etc. They should be end game focused so they make some weapons on par with the OP ones. To off set the perks xp needed after lv 30 should be massive as this should be a time investment. Another way to reduce the xp needed though could be a % needed exp reduction every time you forma.

Regarding the possible changes to the star chart:

1) How with this affect invasions?(Coprus v. Grineer), (Infestion v. everybody) (corrupted invasions?)

2) How will this affect Nightmare mode?

3) Affects on Planet Nav coordinates(the things u get from killing a boss)

4) Affects on Alerts?

5) Darksectors?

6) Organization?

7) Examples of the new star chat???

STAMINA:

I find stamina pretty useless, only time running out of stamina hurts you is when blocking and archwing. In all other cases it is a non-factor thus removing it would not change much other than making blocking more viable.

Solar Chart:

I like the idea of reducing number of nodes to 20 or so however I dont like the idea of mission type rotations. Problem is that if I for example want to farm Neural Sensors, I would usually go for Alad V fight but if that node will not be available and there will be rescue for example, then chances of me getting Neural Sensors will drop significantly making already horrible grind even worse. Grind is 1 of the things which is killing warframe by making people to reach burn out state faster due to being forced to do same mission again and again and not getting what they want. So I would rather have 50 nodes but have access to every game mode on every planet thus making us have less nodes but keeping all missions available. What I mean is what is the point of having another defense node on Eris other than Xini if map layout is same(not sure on this 1 as i did not go to eris for quite a while) as well as rewards and enemy type and level. Prior update 8 and few updates after that we had 3 factions on all planets so it would make sense back then to have multiple nodes of same mission type and enemy level but different faction. But not anymore.

Above lvl 30 gear:

I would say no unless there is somethign specific for the weapon/warframe that I would like to get. It is already a pain to rank most equipment to 30 for beginers or solo players and going beyond lvl 30 will make it even harder. Also why not leave it to focus system instead of leveling to above 30? By adding such little improvements you guys at DE just make it harder for yourself to come up with ideas for Focus system.

Warframe after 30-

with the current mod system and forma readily available, ranks past 30 would be mostly irrelevant. however, more progression with the weapons and frames we love (and hate) would be great.

Prime Forma, or some other item, that allows us to have multiple polarities on one mod slot would be a great start. i think ive heard about that someplace before....

Add resource sinks to warframes that increase abilities that arent covered by mods and remove the deadweight mods so the aspects that they cover could be included. these sinks should not give power, but give utility and sustainability. things like:

more hacking time

increase "get up" rate

more bleedout time

resistance to ice levels

loot and enemy radar capabilities (not really junk mods, especially with that syndicate medallion bug going on, but i feel they fit here anyway)

faster capture rate (could be for capture targets and interception points)

ability to use your primary weapon while carrying something.

more revives per reset (you dont make THAT much money on plat spent on revives.... do you?)

the same could be done with weapons, although non-powercreep ideas are somewhat difficult to come up with:

increased ammo capacity

faster holster rate

enemies killed have a % chance to drop extra ammo (or resources)

enemies killed have a % chance to give double affinity (useful for syndicate rep after max rank is hit)

add challenges to specific warframes and weapons that unlock cosmetic skins and dangles for them.

that was just some stuff off the top of my head, I'm sure an entire dev team can come up with even more ideas.

Star Chart changes.... I'm not sure what to think of them. I mean, if it turned into something like a drop-down or multiple-choice thing (pick your gamemode, then your tileset, and then maybe your faction; in combination with presets a lá alerts), it could be real cool

Wish Upon a Star Chart

The announced changes to the Solar Map have galvanized many Warframe players. I only included a couple hot topics in the source threads, but I know there are many more on the forums. If you’re unfamiliar with the proposed ideas, I’ve included the excerpt from the Devstream 53 overview below.
We recognize that our current Star Chart needs a change, and we love to keep an open discussion on what kinds of changes we're looking to implement. That said, until the final version of our Solar Map is made live anything and everything discussed is to be considered a work in progress.
We know there are lamentations of the old Star Chart, and we are looking at bringing back the Solar Map that many players enjoyed but didn't quite have the functionality we were aiming for.
We want the new Star Chart to improve world building and include Mission modifiers while removing unnecessary redundancy -- it can't just feature planets with labels.
Once we get closer to a final design we'll share with the community for feedback.
The proposed Solar Map rework is a relatively blank slate, with the goal of streamlining and optimizing missions nodes. If you’re fearful of the proposed changes, what would you like to see change, if anything? Do you like having an abundance of nodes of each mission type? Do you think condensing nodes will create a more unified play experience? Do you think condensing nodes will make finding groups easier? If you were to create a more dynamic Solar Map with varying mission types and modifiers, how would you do it? What nodes or aspects of the Solar Map do you think are redundant, if any? 

Ronyn's nine core guidelines for the solar chart redesign.

1: Players should be able to access any mission type on any node at any time, this should not be limited at any time. 

2: Players should be able to choose the level for each mission once they have been completed on it's default difficulty.

3: Players should be seeking rewards at every point on the solarmap, all the best rewards should not be crammed into just a few nodes.

4: Players should get better rewards for doing harder missions. Similar to the key tiering system in the void where harder means rarer loot.

5: Players should feel that each and every node is unique and interesting because there is no other node with the same tileset/mission combination.

6: Players should feel that moving through the start chart, unlocking nodes and planets is a clear type of progression.

7: Players should recognize the solar chart as a visual representation of an actual solar system as it use to be.

8: Players should feel as though the status quo of the solar charts consistently changes due to the various alerts, dark sectors, and faction battles.

9: Players should feel as though their actions in one node can impact the situation of another node when logically applicable. 

Obviously there is a ton more stuff that can be done but I think that is the base right there.

let's get that right then we can grow from there.

Waframe after 30

Like Logan’s Run, a significant number of weapons and Warframes are at the end of their days once they hit 30. The hot topic for this thread suggests a few potential ways to extend the progression of your favourites, instead of being finished at 30. Would you prefer to continue leveling your favourite gear in lieu of leveling new stuff? If so, what kind of progression do you think makes sense beyond 30? How would you balance 30+ weapons and warframes? What other things need to be considered? 

1: It should be stated that warframe already has progression after 30.

The reactor doubles our mod capacity and using forma allows us more mod cost efficiency.

The result is that two level 30 warframes can be hugely different in actual power compared to each other.

So the first thing I would like to see is a clearer reference to these increasing levels of power that we already have access to.

Some sort of UI that makes it clearer for new players to understand that level 30 and level with reactor and forma are not the same thing....

and how that will affect what level of mission/enemy you are expected to be able to handle.

In many other persistent online games with vertical progression there is some sort of other number next to your pic to indicate this.

I believe that is what the "conclave" level was supposed to represent but has actually not done a very good job.

I would like this to be sorted out as it can come in handy considering the vast difference between a base 30 and a fully decked out 30.

2: Warframe currently suffers from various balance issues like inconsistent damage out put between powers and weapons, spiky scaling in enemies. So the last thing I would condone right now is looking to put another layer on top of this that would need to be balanced.

I would prefer that all design energy and manpower resources related to the power side of player progression get spent on balance and polish.

3: If there is to be any new progression system added on top of the 30 it should be related to things like lore and be primarily cosmetic.

Titles, skins, attachments, color packs and the like would be something you could add that would increase the sense of progression beyond the 30 without affecting balance.

Why stamina is used for anything other than movement is beyond me. Its your block, consumed when melee attacking, and then mobility. Thats the flaw. You never have enough to do all. Also if one is supposed to use stamina mods on their frame they in turn gimp their skills / ability to use augments ect.  Also please I hope any sort of new stamina system limits coptering. Seeing a frost in pvp flying around like a maniac is silly. Any frame that has less armor is supposed to be supported by movement speed and tankier frames are supposed to be slow but coptering conflicts with that system. Also melee weapons that consume less stamina deal way less damage to the point of them being rendered useless.

The star chart changes in theory sound ok so no complaints.

Having weapons go higher than 30 seems a little overkill. Theres no actual content outside of endless for 40- 60 minutes that a lvl 30 + catalyst cant handle. All Id reccomend for weapons is showing if a weapon has a catalyst in the party frame as well as giving it some sort of way to show if its an "upgrade" to what your currently using. Whether that be tiers or a gear score or showing its dps. You never know how much potential a weapon actually has and makes it harder to determine what you'd want to use or what you would maybe want to put a catalyst in w/o the player feeling like they totally wasted it.

Saying “so long!” to Stamina
The pros and cons of stamina have been in various hot topics for a long time. The source threads for this topic offer some opinions about the recently announced changes, and what they’ll mean for various aspects of Warframe. The following excerpt is from the Devstream 53 overview:
During our revamp of Parkour 2.0 we've been keeping a close eye on how Stamina plays into player movement -- what works and what doesn't. To find what works, we’re currently experimenting with: not having Stamina in-game, fixed distance leaps, blocking, and many other mechanics. It's our ultimate goal to ensure Parkour 2.0 gives players the same empowered feeling our current movement 'features' allow for. That means everyone should expect a change to Stamina, as well.
The change to Stamina is still a work in progress, but assuming it does get removed, what changes and/or mechanics would you like to see implemented instead? How would you change Mods and effects that currently rely on Stamina? Do you think Stamina has value? If you had the choice, would you modify it instead of removing it? What do you think the benefits to removing stamina are, if any? Please, post your thoughts/comments/ideas in this thread. 

This is a hard one to answer in the current state of things.

As stamina is in warframe right now it is not helping.

But then if some sort of wall bounding leap frog action get's added in it is hard to fathom how that would affect movement.

I can say that stamina, if it remains, should not be drained from the basic act of sprinting.

Sprinting is not even the fastest way to move across the world so it is penalized for no real purpose.

Also mobility and blocking should not pull from the same resource

If you are going to limit both then they should pull from separate meters.

Essentially a mobility meter and a separate block meter.

Now I don't even know if I think that blocking needs to drain anything in PVE (I'm still pondering that), but I'm certain that it will in pvp.

And in either case one should not be trying to balance the needs of those two things on the same meter.

If blocking keeps a limiting meter than increasing this strength of this "block meter" should not hinge on mods that are slotted into the warframe itself.  As it is trying to make it so guns and melee weapons are equally viable options is hard enough.

Since guns do not require a group of mods on the warframe itself to reach their full potential neither should melee weapons. 

Granted there is the aura mod, but the aura mod is more fair as we can choose between a gun based mod or a melee one. 

For the weapons after lvl 30 and warframes:

Introduce a perk/proficiency system for that weapon. At maximum proficiency, you get the rare ultra cool skin for it.

That would really revive that wonderful skinner box feeling. There has to be a progression system, and rewards those who want to excel in their favourite warframe/gun.

This will give a meaningful in game thing to do for guys like me who sit at 19, nothing to do meaningfully, waiting for the next 'content' that takes the devs like weeks to code and do.....which I then promptly complete in like...30minutes.

Focus system was probably, in my opinion, the finest thing the devs had on the table for real gameplay choice. Something to work for.

Now? I just log on to make a forma. Maybe run one void.

I can only speak to stamina in this one.

Removal of stamina is a great idea. The iffy stuff is:

1. Blocking.

2. Chroma's stamina changes.

3. Old arcane helmets that adjust stamina.

4. Current stamina mods.

If those things were addressed properly and fairly, then stamina removal would be grand.

For the weapons after lvl 30 and warframes:

Introduce a perk/proficiency system for that weapon. At maximum proficiency, you get the rare ultra cool skin for it.

That would really revive that wonderful skinner box feeling. There has to be a progression system, and rewards those who want to excel in their favourite warframe/gun.

This will give a meaningful in game thing to do for guys like me who sit at 19, nothing to do meaningfully, waiting for the next 'content' that takes the devs like weeks to code and do.....which I then promptly complete in like...30minutes.

Focus system was probably, in my opinion, the finest thing the devs had on the table for real gameplay choice. Something to work for.

Now? I just log on to make a forma. Maybe run one void.

I agree some good lasting content is needed. Pvp would be fun with less coptering and some balance between weapons. Raids are there but standing on an energy plate and spamming your stuns isnt exactly my idea of fun. As for weapons I like your idea about the skins. I dont think weapons need anymore power in comparison to the content we have

Stamina:

i guess this mechanic should be removed or perhaps only applied to some instances (maybe like in PvP). the only time i'm concerned with stamina is when it's hindering me in my movement or melee. converting current stamina mods into movement speed mods may be an answer.

Starchart:

being a player since U7 i loved the starchart and the immersion it brought. if DE says the overview style is coming back, it is something i'm looking forward to.

as for the amount of nodes, maybe there were a bit much. i'm not sure what to think of the current plans to change it but it should be better than what it is now. what will happen to all the mastery points that come with completing the starchart?

Trials:

they should be a thing for the players to figure out. maybe some general chatter from Lotus like how it is now. personally, it took me about 4 complete trial runs to learn mostly everything inside and out.

i think future trials should involve more shooting and gunplay. puzzles are good but the Retribution trial is mainly puzzle solving with very little death-dealing. getting top kills in sections with like 23 and such??

what about separating the team or defending hackers from waves of troops, etc. it'd be interesting to see a trial in a Corpus tileset, too.

Stamina

Good bye, good riddance.

Wish Upon a Star Chart

Sounds very essential and needed for a very long time.

Until now the short description we obtain of its rework, just sounds horrible because of lack of choice, or lost of access to so many stuff we may need.

Trials

This is not a Trials problems, all the warframe game is messy, nothing is explained and allot of stuff haves a huge learning curve.

Congrats on failing with the codex, you totally failed on its purpose.

Waframe after 30

We need a separate system for essential stats enhancers, mods like serration, vitality, redirection, intensify need to be removed, so modding becomes a open system for players style, instead of mandatory and essential mods we can not play without.

And there is also the problems of wasted affinity when you have reached level 30, or when all ur gear is level 30, there still isn't any use for xp once you got all the game's weapons fully maxed.

1. I think some things should have stamina eliminated from them, like basic running shouldn't use stamina at all. But I think certain things should have the stamina cost increased.

2. We have zero information besides Steve randomly babbling proposed ideas off the top of his head. I can't be excited or horrified by a change that lacks any data at all to allow me to come to a conclusion.

3. The Trial is a atrocious as far as I am concerned and I refuse to play it, so how much info is or isn't given is an absolutely moot point to me. But the one in game now pretty much requires you to go and look up the prescribed group and walkthrough details to even have a chance at doing it. It's "These frames are absolutely Required, then we CC and Run.", but unless you look that up, you don't know that there's basically no other way to do it. I don't really care if a lot of information is given for the next one or not as long as it's actually playable by any frame grouping and any playstyle and not a boring, prescribed one and doesn't involved just CC and Run. I want to play Warframe, not Fleeframe.

4. Depends on the system. If you're talking something that maybe adds bonuses above and beyond Rank 30, but you can still Forma at Rank 30. Maybe. But as with the Star Chart, it would be something I need more information about if it was something the devs might actually do. But if it helps make weapons that are really fun mechanically but ultimately completely useless because they're nothing but mastery fodder, I would be for it. Because I want to use my Panthera >(

Stamina: 

Removing it in it's entirety would be best. Fixed distance jumps, fixed distance for coptering (rather short, like heavy melee coptering rn), should definitely happen.

Star Chart:

Need more information, but I hold a solid stance that there should be no RNG-involved whatsoever. The current system is overkill, but if we just had one mission type of each mission per-planet, that would be perfect.

Trials:

I think the help we get is perfect as it is, I didn't even know this was a hot topic :D

Progression After 30:

FOCUS NEEDS TO HAPPEN.