Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Excalibur Really Need A Rework?

ShawnV2

Excalibur is one of those frames i can actually bring along to a t4 survival. I mean his Radial Blind is great in almost every mission type against any faction, then that Radiant Finish augment came out and made him even more beast. Hey he's not as useful as say nova so i welcome the rework, but was he really that bad before?

If you ask me, it's Saryn or Ash that needs a rework. Those two are almost completely useless in most situations. Although i guess you could argue they're solo frames? But hey, opinions.

Because he has one ability which is useful, and there's working through the others, and removing one that may as well be useless, and replacing it with a useful ability, as well as making him melee focused rather then a more rounded frame, not to say that it won't be.

Also, I see way more Saryns or Ashes then Excals, especially given that Ash has a highly powerful ult, a ability that removes armour with an augument, and cloaking of the entire team if they're working together. However, I would not be surprised to see saryn showing up on a rework soon.

He needed a rework because he is the mascot of the game and his design predates everything else in the game. Superjump, for example, predates wall running which gave him significantly more maneuverability than anyone else. Now we have so many options for movement that it is a wasted ability in most cases.

If you ask me, it's Saryn or Ash that needs a rework.

Ash? Wat.

I can agree that Saryn needs most of her abilities looked at, but Ash?

Everything but teleport is used fairly often on Ash, and his ulitimate is balanced. Slow, but deals finisher damage and causes slash procs whilst you're invincible.

Edited by XxCurtennoxX

Because he has one ability which is useful, and there's working through the others, and removing one that may as well be useless, and replacing it with a useful ability, as well as making him melee focused rather then a more rounded frame, not to say that it won't be.

Also, I see way more Saryns or Ashes then Excals, especially given that Ash has a highly powerful ult, a ability that removes armour with an augument, and cloaking of the entire team if they're working together. However, I would not be surprised to see saryn showing up on a rework soon.

Nova also only has one useful ability, apart from her wormhole for mobility who actually uses her other abilities? You know, other than in really low level missions. 

Ash? Wat.

I can agree that Saryn needs most of her abilities looked at, but Ash?

Everything but teleport is used fairly often on Ash, and his ulitimate is balanced. Slow, but deals finisher damage and causes slash procs whilst you're invincible.

For example, most people S#&$ on you for bringing ash in a t3 survival. That's how much most people hate having him in squads. T3 isn't even that hard.

Edited by ShawnV2

Excalibur is one of those frames i can actually bring along to a t4 survival. I mean his Radial Blind is great in almost every mission type against any faction, then that Radiant Finish augment came out and made him even more beast. Hey he's not as useful as say nova so i welcome the rework, but was he really that bad before?

If you ask me, it's Saryn or Ash that needs a rework. Those two are almost completely useless in most situations. Although i guess you could argue they're solo frames? But hey, opinions.

One skill being okay does not mean the frame is okay. That's far frost it, that shows that the frame is a one trick pony.

Nova also only has one useful ability, apart from her wormhole for mobility who actually uses her other abilities? You know, other than in really low level missions. 

Actually Antimatter drop has the highest damage potential of anything ingame. IThe augment for nullstar offers close range CC. So i failed to see how this only work at low levels.

Well Nova's abilities are all useful. Molecular Prime is super useful for slowing enemies, Antimatter Drop is great for clearing big spaces and a lot of people use it, Worm Hole is used for mobility and that is never useless and Null Star looks cool so it is also used.

Ash has been worked on many times.

Saryn is a death blossom.

Excalibur is the only frame in the game with abilities that predate most of what became part of the general locomotion system.

Did Excalibur Really Need A Rework?

You bet your @$$.  Now stop crying.

RADIAL BLIND IS NOT CHANGING!!!!

Sheesh...go watch the devstream people.

Ash has been worked on many times.

Saryn is a death blossom.

Excalibur is the only frame in the game with abilities that predate most of what became part of the general locomotion system.

You bet your @$$.  Now stop crying.

RADIAL BLIND IS NOT CHANGING!!!!

Sheesh...go watch the devstream people.

If you actually read and understood my post you'd notice i said "i welcome the rework". My point is that i think other frames needed it more.

Well Nova's abilities are all useful. Molecular Prime is super useful for slowing enemies, Antimatter Drop is great for clearing big spaces and a lot of people use it, Worm Hole is used for mobility and that is never useless and Null Star looks cool so it is also used.

One skill being okay does not mean the frame is okay. That's far frost it, that shows that the frame is a one trick pony.

Actually Antimatter drop has the highest damage potential of anything ingame. IThe augment for nullstar offers close range CC. So i failed to see how this only work at low levels.

Because it's extremely slow, which makes it pretty useless if you aren't doing infested defence missions. How many nova do you actually see using that ability. This is coming from someone who mains her.

If you actually read and understood my post you'd notice i said "i welcome the rework". My point is that i think other frames needed it more.

Then why the hell did you title your post and try to make the case that xcal wasn't in need of a rework?

Maybe you should read what you write before posting it.

Then why the hell did you title your post and try to make the case that xcal wasn't in need of a rework?

Maybe you should read what you write before posting it.

Or maybe you should actually read the rest of the post and not stop at the title?

Because it's extremely slow, which makes it pretty useless if you aren't doing infested defence missions. How many nova do you actually see using that ability. This is coming from someone who mains her.

Except it's pretty easy to pull off a casual 200k nuke just by shooting it for a few seconds then toss it into a crowd. If that takes so much time for you then that's at your fault.

I use it all the time to clear a packed room.

Or maybe you should actually read the rest of the post and not stop at the title?

Saying you "welcome the rework" doesn't take away from the fact that you're arguing he didn't need it.

Take some time, get up and away from the PC, go get a drink, come back, and proofread what you've posted.  You know what you want to say in your own mind, but it doesn't read that way to others.

Saying you "welcome the rework" doesn't take away from the fact that you're arguing he didn't need it.

Take some time, get up and away from the PC, go get a drink, come back, and proofread what you've posted.  You know what you want to say in your own mind, but it doesn't read that way to others.

I literally said "Saryn or Ash needed it more" how do you read that wrong?

Yes, he does need a rework, along with Saryn, Frost, Ember (again) and probably Banshee. Banshee is powerful as is (same as Saryn), but her power balance is a mess. Most people only use Sonar and sometimes Silence, while her Sonic Boom and Sound Quake are somewhat lacking and need some rework/additional effects.

To be honest most of the frames need some tweaks for some of their powers.

Yes he absolutely needed it

Excalibur

slash dash is beaten by multiple skills such as rhino charge and tidal surge because they

have mobility and damage but a secondary effect of knocking the target down unlike slash

dash which will normally get you stuck on one enemy and cant move on while also both rhino

charge and tidal surge doing more damage.

radial blind is beaten by most cc skills now considering it has los and a terrible los,

why because los does not always work epically when you got a crowd of enemies or you can

see enemies above and below or there is a open doorway but you cant blind those in the

next area while also having the problem of still letting enemies run around and shoot such

as moas and all enemies now since it using sound which also needs the skill as you have to use silence skills and in a group this will get worse as they will shoot your team mates near you making noise. considering this move does not have damage it should not matter if

its compared to a 4th skill or lower. you then have Oberon and mirage that have NO los on

there blinding effects and that is something which makes no sense either. considering this

was Excalibur's defensive skill and has no others this was his go to move for escaping

this torment me as well since you got frames with turbulence and shatter shield as there

defensive but do a better job of it.

super jump is outdated in warframe because of the lack of mobility with the skill and the

waste of a warframe skill which could be replaced. super jump is outdated since cant go to

different directions as well as you cant do much in the air for a little while because of

the animation. directional melee can even go higher/faster and different directions and

coptering does not help the matter either. I do not see a frame that has a mobility as a

skill and is outdated because of the new frames. has no cc/damage and very low mobility

while having the problem of having a anaimation at the end of the cast that can easily get

you killed.

radial javelin this has recently been nerfed yet again why probably because people use it

as a farming tool which is not there fault since DE keep nerfing Excalibur. its damage is

not brilliant and the casting animation is terribly long with a very terrible cc which

last for about 1-2 seconds after the animation which I say is not cc in any way.

Excalibur has no longer

a true way to stay alive unless you just go with skill which is fine but in high level he

is going to get smashed. A awareness snow effects the skill which is terrible as it does not always work such as it will not hit enemies that see you and those that you see while also not always hitting the targets right in front of you. however

logic in this game is biased and only used to nerf a frame because people found a way to

use it effectively. saryn has a skill called miasma which has no LOS and why is that ? it

comes from saryn her self so it should not go round walls or thorugh them same for

loki/ash/trinity and others.

radial javelin was not OP in any way its damage is medicore and easily falls of in high level, there is no cc and that stun is not cc as it only works for the animation and about 2-3 seconds after so you get 3 steps to move that's it. the animation is long and the only reason it was good for farming was because of the massive range it had and to stop that all they had to do was reduce the range.

I apologise for the way it is wrote I coped it and pasted it but it looks totally different

Edited by tris1

Yes he absolutely needed it

Excalibur

slash dash is beaten by multiple skills such as rhino charge and tidal surge because they

have mobility and damage but a secondary effect of knocking the target down unlike slash

dash which will normally get you stuck on one enemy and cant move on while also both rhino

charge and tidal surge doing more damage.

radial blind is beaten by most cc skills now considering it has los and a terrible los,

why because los does not always work epically when you got a crowd of enemies or you can

see enemies above and below or there is a open doorway but you cant blind those in the

next area while also having the problem of still letting enemies run around and shoot such

as moas and all enemies now since it using sound which also needs the skill as you have to use silence skills and in a group this will get worse as they will shoot your team mates near you making noise. considering this move does not have damage it should not matter if

its compared to a 4th skill or lower. you then have Oberon and mirage that have NO los on

there blinding effects and that is something which makes no sense either. considering this

was Excalibur's defensive skill and has no others this was his go to move for escaping

this torment me as well since you got frames with turbulence and shatter shield as there

defensive but do a better job of it.

super jump is outdated in warframe because of the lack of mobility with the skill and the

waste of a warframe skill which could be replaced. super jump is outdated since cant go to

different directions as well as you cant do much in the air for a little while because of

the animation. directional melee can even go higher/faster and different directions and

coptering does not help the matter either. I do not see a frame that has a mobility as a

skill and is outdated because of the new frames. has no cc/damage and very low mobility

while having the problem of having a anaimation at the end of the cast that can easily get

you killed.

radial javelin this has recently been nerfed yet again why probably because people use it

as a farming tool which is not there fault since DE keep nerfing Excalibur. its damage is

not brilliant and the casting animation is terribly long with a very terrible cc which

last for about 1-2 seconds after the animation which I say is not cc in any way.

Excalibur has no longer

a true way to stay alive unless you just go with skill which is fine but in high level he

is going to get smashed. A awareness snow effects the skill which is terrible as it does not always work such as it will not hit enemies that see you and those that you see while also not always hitting the targets right in front of you. however

logic in this game is biased and only used to nerf a frame because people found a way to

use it effectively. saryn has a skill called miasma which has no LOS and why is that ? it

comes from saryn her self so it should not go round walls or thorugh them same for

loki/ash/trinity and others.

radial javelin was not OP in any way its damage is medicore and easily falls of in high level, there is no cc and that stun is not cc as it only works for the animation and about 2-3 seconds after so you get 3 steps to move that's it. the animation is long and the only reason it was good for farming was because of the massive range it had and to stop that all they had to do was reduce the range.

I apologise for the way it is wrote I coped it and pasted it but it looks totally different

Well i can't argue against that. When you put it that way, yes i guess it does make sense. At the end of the day though, Excalibur is still way more useful in a squad than some of those frames you mentioned. Yeah i guess he does need a rework but where's the love for the other, even more useless frames? The impression i'm getting is that Excalibur will be the only one getting this much attention.

every nova player should use amd properly. thats her winning move in lategame