The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcane Agility And Reflex Guard....

SR_ASIAN

Question

11 answers to this question

Actually arcane agility procs when you are damaged. I don't think any arcane that procs when damaged procs while blocking.

I think you're confusing agility to phantasm, which procs on parry finishers. However blocking is not the same as parry. To do a parry finisher, you need to block a melee attack while channeling. By default there is 50% chance that this staggers the attacker and opens up a parry finisher prompt. You can increase this chance to 100% by using the Parry melee mod.

phantasm, which procs on parry finishers

Are you sure about this? I don't have phantasm installed so I want to know.

Description just says parry but I don't trust DE's arcane descriptions at all because they're pretty misleading.

Trickery doesn't proc on all finishers/Finisher damage. It procs on two specific types of melee finishers.

Agility doesn't increase movement speed. It increases sprint speed.

Would the same apply to phantasm?

Are you sure about this? I don't have phantasm installed so I want to know.

Description just says parry but I don't trust DE's arcane descriptions at all because they're pretty misleading.

Trickery doesn't proc on all finishers/Finisher damage. It procs on two specific types of melee finishers.

Agility doesn't increase movement speed. It increases sprint speed.

Would the same apply to phantasm?

I'm actually not sure since I haven't tested. But parry means blocking while channeling to open up the parry finisher so it should either proc when the stagger happens or on the finisher.

I'm actually not sure since I haven't tested. But parry means blocking while channeling to open up the parry finisher so it should either proc when the stagger happens or on the finisher.

Yet Reflex Guard and Warrior's Grip both use the word Parry in their descriptions as synonymous with Blocking.

Yet Reflex Guard and Warrior's Grip both use the word Parry in their descriptions as synonymous with Blocking.

That and DE's ambiguous arcane descriptions is exactly why I'm suspicious of anyone claiming to know how arcanes work without having tried it.

Actually arcane agility procs when you are damaged. I don't think any arcane that procs when damaged procs while blocking.

I think you're confusing agility to phantasm, which procs on parry finishers. However blocking is not the same as parry. To do a parry finisher, you need to block a melee attack while channeling. By default there is 50% chance that this staggers the attacker and opens up a parry finisher prompt. You can increase this chance to 100% by using the Parry melee mod.

On mods that mention "Parry", they really mean block. Auto-Parry on Reflex Guard causes automatic blocking. Stunning something for a finisher is caused by blocking melee attacks, and that's just a "finisher", which does an exorbitant amount of Finisher-type damage (nothing resists it except bosses and, for some reason, ancients).

Parrying is blocking. I wish they would just call it blocking, but this universe is imperfect (also, handspring doesn't mention anything about knockdown recovery, while Fortitude has a literal % value attached. Slightly relevant imperfection).

Parry-finishers are what it's called when you block a melee and it leaves your target open to finishers (by stunning it, not just staggering). Ash's Teleport and Valkyr's Paralysis have the exact same effect, but it's better referred to as a "stun finisher". It's also the only one that can be done while in front of a standing foe.

There are also knockdown-finishers, which are more easy to reproduce as all you need is a boot to the head.

Edited by MrBubbleSS