Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving "left" And "right" Disabled? Could Use Some Help...

WaRDeMoN787

Question

So, For some reason, after I played a mission and returned to my ship, I can no longer walk left or right. At first I thought it was my gamepad, so I tried a few other games and the analog stick seemed to work fine. Logging back into warframe I noticed the problem was still here. I decided to play keyboard and mouse and noticed the same problem. (A - Walk/run Left) -and- (D - Walk/Run Right) didn't work. I tried resetting the bindings and even clicked return to defult and nothing seems to work. Anyone else having this problem? I could really use some insight into this weird glitch. =/ 

10 answers to this question

I took your advice and tried different keys....nothing is moving my character left nor right. thanks though!

Awh. Darn. Hmm... It sounds very weird. 

I can have a look when I get home later and see if I can figure out something for you :)

The very last case scenario, would be to re-install the game. But that is very last I would suggest (unless you have a decent internet speed and you can let it download over night or something)

Awh. Darn. Hmm... It sounds very weird. 

I can have a look when I get home later and see if I can figure out something for you :)

The very last case scenario, would be to re-install the game. But that is very last I would suggest (unless you have a decent internet speed and you can let it download over night or something)

Yeah, it's a bit frustrating.

I was doing a few runs and got it to work for half a game and as soon as I returned to the liset I could no longer look left or right. I've tried verifying the download cache and optimizing it but nothing seemed to work.

The problem might be better suited for DE to answer. 

I could ask "have you tried turning it off and on again?". Due to this magically fixes a lot of problems. But doesn't really sound like that is the case here :p 

The problem might be better suited for DE to answer. 

I could ask "have you tried turning it off and on again?". Due to this magically fixes a lot of problems. But doesn't really sound like that is the case here :p 

PS_0233W_LIFE_SUPPORT.jpg

Seriously tho, I think your only solution is going to be from a support ticket, or a clean reinstall. Given that support can take ages to respond to a ticket reinstalling the whole game might actually be a faster option, depending on your internet situation.

To me, this sounds like a corrupted setting file - before the full reinstall I would try launching a verification from the updater; if that doesnt work a verification from steam (which will bring you back a few patches) and only if those don't work a reinstall.

PS_0233W_LIFE_SUPPORT.jpg

Seriously tho, I think your only solution is going to be from a support ticket, or a clean reinstall. Given that support can take ages to respond to a ticket reinstalling the whole game might actually be a faster option, depending on your internet situation.

To me, this sounds like a corrupted setting file - before the full reinstall I would try launching a verification from the updater; if that doesnt work a verification from steam (which will bring you back a few patches) and only if those don't work a reinstall.

Well. Life support is different from a home computer. But my experience by working at a Helpdesk for 2 years... Is that a boot can fix a lot of problems in Windows.

Excatley what I'm trying to say. Thank you Darzk :p

Argh, I was hoping to avoid a fresh install but I'll go through it. I actually believe I might know what might have caused it and I'm currently in the process of making a detailed post in the bug section. Thanks for your insight everyone.

Edit:

Link to post in the bugs forum: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/471852-complicated-glitch-new-juggernaut-enemy-the-cause/

Edited by WaRDeMoN787

Argh, I was hoping to avoid a fresh install but I'll go through it. I actually believe I might know what might have caused it and I'm currently in the process of making a detailed post in the bug section. Thanks for your insight everyone.

No problem. But good luck further with your problem :)