The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Excal Getting Passives With His Rework

MiNixB0SSx

He might have them, perhaps something like 50 HP bonus if he equips just a melee weapon, a little bit of speed bonus on longswords, etc.

I think his current iconic weapon is the Nikana...

How about 20% melee swing speed if equipped.

Considering how Mesa works (bonus 50 hp with no melee equipped, +10% fire rate with dual pistols and +20% reload speed with single pistols) I think the best would be a solid bonus (50 or 100) on stamina when using only the melee weapon, then something like +10% speed with a type of weapon (longswords or nikanas) and maybe a crit chance or damage for another type of weapon, or a channeling damage bonus. 

i was wondering if excal is going to have passives with his rework

As much as I'd like to see him get some passive stat bonuses, I doubt it'll happen. Ember didn't get any with her changes, nor did Nekros. Chroma was also released without any passives as well (I'm counting the changing elements as a feature, not a passive bonus).

As much as I'd like to see him get some passive stat bonuses, I doubt it'll happen. Ember didn't get any with her changes, nor did Nekros. Chroma was also released without any passives as well (I'm counting the changing elements as a feature, not a passive bonus).

that's bad logic, since mesa and zephyr got passives. it's quite clear DE will just decide whenever/whoever they want to have passives whenever they desire

ember and nekros were done before mesa was released i believe

that's bad logic, since mesa and zephyr got passives. it's quite clear DE will just decide whenever/whoever they want to have passives whenever they desire

How exactly is it bad logic? OP asked if Excal was likely to get passives when he's changed, and i pointed out that there have been 2 frames that have been changed since Mesa arrived, and started the 'passives' craze, and neither of them got passives. The odds are not in favour of Excal getting any either.

ember and nekros were done before mesa was released i believe

Incorrect. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/388964-update-1511/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/393115-update-15120/

How exactly is it bad logic? OP asked if Excal was likely to get passives when he's changed, and i pointed out that there have been 2 frames that have been changed since Mesa arrived, and started the 'passives' craze, and neither of them got passives. The odds are not in favour of Excal getting any either.

Incorrect. 

ah well i had a brainfart. anyways the difference between the ember/nekros changes and excal's is that ember and nekros were just getting tweaks, while excal is getting a total rework. so it makes sense that he could possibly get passives when he goes live. will it happen? doubt it but i'm willing to believe

ah well i had a brainfart. anyways the difference between the ember/nekros changes and excal's is that ember and nekros were just getting tweaks, while excal is getting a total rework. so it makes sense that he could possibly get passives when he goes live. will it happen? doubt it but i'm willing to believe

It happens. And yeah, i know its a total rework, and i would totally like for him to have some passives, I just don't think it's likely to happen. If it were i reckon the Devs would've mentioned it, but as far as I'm aware they haven't spoken about passives in months.

Incorrect. 

it's bad logic because order means nothing in the case of what gets a passive and what does not

excal may very well get a passive, nobody knows, probably not even DE lol

Edited by (PS4)JiggaJazz

It happens. And yeah, i know its a total rework, and i would totally like for him to have some passives, I just don't think it's likely to happen. If it were i reckon the Devs would've mentioned it, but as far as I'm aware they haven't spoken about passives in months.

true but they haven't even told us what they did to change radial javelin. if there is some major info missing, then i can assume something minor like passives are lower on the list

Make him able to equip a melee in the secondary slot. So he would be able to switch between two different melee weapons.

^This. I'd love to be able to bring along both a sword and a Glaive. Different weapons for different purposes, I want 'em.

As much as his new ultimate is like a new weapon

Edited by WolvenEdge

I'm not too sure about that. When you look at the more recent videos featuring Excalibur he has Nikana and his energy sword won't be a Skana.

its the Niskana! :D

both are single sided one handed swords and i have feeling that the skana was DE's first atempt at a futuristic Katana. it just didnt have a sheath 

^This. I'd love to be able to bring along both a sword and a Glaive. Different weapons for different purposes, I want 'em.

As much as his new ultimate is like a new weapon

swords.

[wood and buzz meme]

swords everywhere!

I think the best would be a solid bonus (50 or 100) on stamina when using only the melee weapon, then something like +10% speed with a type of weapon (longswords or nikanas) and maybe a crit chance or damage for another type of weapon, or a channeling damage bonus. 

DE might be taking stamina out the game i like that idea about with the crit chance/ damage for a weapon, he could probably have it for sword weapons (since his main weapon was the skana which was a sword) :)