The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Unique Forma?

Ironlixivium

Can we have a unique forma that only effects one build slot? I'm not talking about mod slot, I mean build slot, as in A B and C. This would allow us to have different builds without sacrificing mod points, say if I wanted one build to have rejuvination and one to have corrosive projection or something. This forma would be in addition to our current one, not replacing it.

Also, since we have 4 factions, can we have 4 loadout slots instead of 3? (and 5 when sentients come)

Why would it have to be a special forma? Why not just another thing standard forma can do to give people more sinks for them?

Because it would do less than the standard forma. I guess that would be alright though.

Basically a forma that gives omni polarity.

It has been suggested a while back, and was on a community hot topic if i'm not mistaken.

It's actually a good idea for one.

IIRC, that was actually about a super-forma, that doesn't require you to reset your weapon in order to forma it.

But will this actually mean we need to make more Formas to have builds for all factions?

What? No, read the OP, This wouldn't replace our current forma and you don't have to use it, just an extra forma that lets less casual players have unique builds without having that one build that ignores a polarity because your main build needs it to fit.

Instead of giving us another thing to build. why not let us change polarities on slots that have had Forma used on them?

It'd be something like this;

Loadout A has dash, v and d polarities that I get through forma.  When I switch to loadout B, I can change the dash, v and d polarities to anything I want - but only those 3 mod slots can be changed.

Yes, I understood this won't replace our normal Forma, but will this new Forma be of the same rarity and difficulty to craft?

Probably about the same rarity as a normal forma I guess. Hopefully you wouldn't get them the same way as normal forma though.

I made two chroma so I could completely forma them different. One with 3 D's and a dash aura and one I am still working on maybe for PvP.

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't chroma a quest frame? ...a quest frame that cannot be obtained twice...?

Um, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't chroma a quest frame? ...a quest frame that cannot be obtained twice...?

He is a quest 'frame but just like Mirage, you can purchase him with plat multiple times via the Market.

i think you can get the parts if you get taxid to it then do your own quest for it or vice versa.

I know you can get extra Limbo parts doing that, but I've never tried it with Chroma.  Still, he can be bought until your Liset resembles a Sardine can vvia the market.

He is a quest 'frame but just like Mirage, you can purchase him with plat multiple times via the Market.

Ah, ok.

So, is this an Aura only thing? 

Can someone show an example of two weapon builds that cannot be used at the same time through any combination of polariziations and non-polarizations?

Aura would probably be how it's used most, but here's some frame examples that aren't aura related:

Loki main build: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29618087124762745/ED6D02345A5B6DB04AF82892CB1F8136F04D8975/

Loki alternate build: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29618087124762992/35DC92814991F8D03E10D458C1BEB99E7CF08437/

Nova main build: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29618087124763137/5079D75397323501F73FA47AF8228F12FC07867F/

Nova alternate build: http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/29618087124763249/83727784E60645F1456B71BD3D8178E645F0E9DB/

Although the loki one isn't the best example, I had to cut corners on my alternate nova build and use stretch instead of overextended.

I personally can't provide weapon examples because I only ever mod for corrosive and fire (I mostly just run void) But I'm sure anyone who has a weapon build for every faction and formas their weapons a lot has run into a situation where this would be handy at some point.

que tal uma versão em primeira pessoa

What? o.0 This is about forma, not camera angles. I probably misunderstood you completely though.

Edited by Ironlixivium

Er...Both the Loki and Nova builds are clearly possible without this, since you've got them active.  And all 4 builds have at least 2 - polarities used on polarized slots.  Even if the were impossible as it, there's considerable extra potential available with regular forma just by polarizing 2 unpolarized slots into - polarity.

Which is kind of my point.  Unless there are occasions where you can't polarize in any way that will allow both builds to be used, it's hardly worth the extra interface woes.

go with your friends and randoms when they do the quest. I think I can make a third Limbo. But I did buy the first Chroma and did the quest and made it for no really good reason.

Er...Both the Loki and Nova builds are clearly possible without this, since you've got them active.  And all 4 builds have at least 2 - polarities used on polarized slots.  Even if the were impossible as it, there's considerable extra potential available with regular forma just by polarizing 2 unpolarized slots into - polarity.

Which is kind of my point.  Unless there are occasions where you can't polarize in any way that will allow both builds to be used, it's hardly worth the extra interface woes.

Although the loki one isn't the best example, I had to cut corners on my alternate nova build and use stretch instead of overextended.

Both nova setups have 4 - polarities and at least one D and V.  Suspect proper polarization could support both.  Couldn't you swap the places of fleeting and stretch on the alt while replacing stretch with overextended?  That would put over extended on a D and fleeting on blank.

it would certainly be nice to be able to separate Polarities in your Equipment tabs. that being said, you can simply Polarize with more thought to the future to completely avoid any issues.

simply Polarize towards the Polarities of Mods that you'll have on all of your Loadouts, not necessarily to the most expensive Mods.

ex:

7ZhvDnb.png

zL8FTdC.png

same Polarities for both, both even are overkill and have extra points left over. and that's points left over without the most efficient Mod placement. like a 14pt Mod on a Polarity when a 16pt one of the same Polarity is on a blank slot.

- - - - -

for truly outlandish Loadouts - it simply would be f...ing logical and amazing if we could differentiate our Equipment. if for some reason you had... idunno, 5 Banshee's, it would be great if you could actually distinguish them from each other when choosing your Equipment. <.<

Edit:

in the future, you'll be able to repeat Quests. obviously this is n/a right now, but you'll be able to repeat Warframe Quests so you can get more than one.

Events and other special Missions too, but without getting the rewards, more so that Players may experience them.

Edited by taiiat