The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki's final power downgraded. Why's that?

DarkPhoenix

I'd like to know, the next time there is an update: Tell us 'everything'. Unless if you (the developers) may not have noticed it at all. It feels like the platinum used on my Loki is wasted; literally.

Another thing I am very curious about, is somebody just not happy that Loki can disarm the bosses (spoiler)? I believe that is what make Loki unique and incredibly useful in battle. Now not only my shield have been drained by half, no thanks to someone's complain I think, Loki's character isn't really a combative class, that is why I enjoyed 'high' shield cap too. (Oh, why did the shield cap had to drop...)

Well, enough about my whiny self regardling the shield, I'd like to know what is going on with Loki's final ability.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

*weeps* No, not since yesterday... I was in Saturn, trying to get the 'assumingly' Ash parts from the general there. When I finally bumped into him I used radial disarm immediately. It worked on the marines like usual but the general just got knocked down (that was new). When the general got up, I didn't realise he was still holding on to his heavy machine-gun. I thought the new update did something to Loki's final ability. So, I used it over three time until I got fed up with it.

I confirm, Radial Disarm will not work on the Earth boss either.

It seems it's an intended feature, rather likely.

Disarming the bosses permanently for 100E was pretty cheap, it made them very vulnerable.

However, just throwing them down is a wasted ton of energy.

Rather, I would like to see SOME effect of Disarm on enemies, so Loki has some powers that are relevant during the boss fights.

Suggestion, what if Radial Disarm either only temporarily disarmed Bosses, made them switch to a sidearm for a certain time, or debuffed the damage they deal permanently or temporarily?

I have to agree,apart from disarming Loki doesnt really bring much to a boss battle(save for glitching him to death *wink*).

Decoy seems to be outright ignored most of the time and the only real use I as a Loki player have after the nerf is stealth reviving and even that is prone to be interrupted by accidental aoe knockbacks.

Maybe disarming trivialized some of the boss battles but as it stands now Im practically useless once my ammo runs out(which is sure to happen against Van Dek).Not saying that it should be reverted but the new version imo needs improvements.

Maybe disarming trivialized some of the boss battles but as it stands now Im practically useless once my ammo runs out(which is sure to happen against Van Dek).Not saying that it should be reverted but the new version imo needs improvements.

Carry ammo boxes. :| They're 1,000cr each and just 1 will fully restock your reserve, even if you have +ammomax mods. I usually wind up using a rifle ammo box at least every other mission. That's with a maxed-out Braton and 117rds per mag / 801rds spare.

Radial Disarm working on bosses was just cheap, let's face it. It just made the bossfights into infinite-kiting easy-mode, a case of dumping rounds into their faces until they coughed up the loot whilst being basically incapable of harming you.

I second the suggestion of it forcing them to switch to a sidearm or reducing the effectiveness (-ROF, -damage?) of their primary weapon for a short period.

Edited by Arcalane

Radial Disarm working on bosses was just cheap, let's face it. It just made the bossfights into infinite-kiting easy-mode, a case of dumping rounds into their faces until they coughed up the loot whilst being basically incapable of harming you.

On one hand, it's true. On the other hand, Radial Disarm takes a lot of energy - and that's the energy Loki can't use during intense fights leading up to the boss, in addition to not having direct damage powers at all. So RD still needs to be powerful against bosses. I think they should be either fully disarmed for a period of time (perhaps, until they lose 1/3 of their health) or forced to switch to a secondary weapon that still can be turned off with a second use of Radial Disarm.

Carry ammo boxes. :| They're 1,000cr each and just 1 will fully restock your reserve, even if you have +ammomax mods. I usually wind up using a rifle ammo box at least every other mission. That's with a maxed-out Braton and 117rds per mag / 801rds spare.

I second the suggestion of it forcing them to switch to a sidearm or reducing the effectiveness (-ROF, -damage?) of their primary weapon for a short period.

Seriously, I spent 5000 cr (rifle ammo) to finish an assasination mission (Solo; Alert Mission) that gives me around 1000 cr-2500 cr? Not worth it in my opinion. I lost 2 revives for trying it out today. >:(

Seriously, I spent 5000 cr (rifle ammo) to finish an assasination mission (Solo; Alert Mission) that gives me around 1000 cr-2500 cr? Not worth it in my opinion. I lost 2 revives for trying it out today. >:(

Gorgon (not pro), Lex (not pro) and Furax (not pro). Against a Grineer Commander, A GRINEER COMMANDER with a fast shield generation (every time I reload), and my gorgon was really ineffective against his health. >:(

Why not assassinate Jackal WITHOUT USING ANY OF YOUR POWERS, EH? ALONE. That's how I felt facing a grineer commander who's turned-into-a-boss.

Edited by DarkPhoenix

Why not assassinate Jackal WITHOUT USING ANY OF YOUR POWERS, EH? ALONE. That's how I felt facing a grineer commander who's turned-into-a-boss.

Assuming using powers in the leadup to Jackal's boss room doesn't count... been there done that got the t-shirt - at least six times over now. :D

Assuming using powers in the leadup to Jackal's boss room doesn't count... been there done that got the t-shirt - at least six times over now. :D

Good for you, I just heard from a friend who didn't use his abilities at all to defeat Jackal. Since I have been pretty much been playing with others to fight with Jackal, I didn't know. :)