The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Deception 2.0

TinoG100

(First concept of mine, be gentle and don't be salty.) Welcome to a fan concept i've been thinking for sometime now. While i was replaying Mass Effect 3, i came across a side quest, where you had to "disable the Geth fighter squadrons" by going inside their server/consensus. In there, you had to use a special gun to remove a "virus" from the software. I instantly thought about doing the reverse: Planting the virus. Depending on the faction (Grineer, Corpus, Orokin), the consensus/objective area would be different. For the Corpus, you could have a database of some sort and install the virus there. For the Orokin, if you've seen the "maze" kind of room with lots of consoles, you could access the Neural Sentry from there. As for the Grineer, i don't know. I hope you liked this concept, i may edit this in the future, we'll see. 

(First concept of mine, be gentle and don't be salty.) Welcome to a fan concept i've been thinking for sometime now. While i was replaying Mass Effect 3, i came across a side quest, where you had to "disable the Geth fighter squadrons" by going inside their server/consensus. In there, you had to use a special gun to remove a "virus" from the software. I instantly thought about doing the reverse: Planting the virus. Depending on the faction (Grineer, Corpus, Orokin), the consensus/objective area would be different. For the Corpus, you could have a database of some sort and install the virus there. For the Orokin, if you've seen the "maze" kind of room with lots of consoles, you could access the Neural Sentry from there. As for the Grineer, i don't know. I hope you liked this concept, i may edit this in the future, we'll see. 

Could we use Grineer Genetik Foundry?

i want a Grineer clone

Could you possibly flesh out the idea a bit more?

I'm feeling the same way as this guy right now:

yeah so, a reverse Spy Vault,

>get in the target room

>put something in

>either get sneaky-deaky-like or rambo-blazin

>???

>profit

yeah i think it needs a little rehashing.

sorry if this was salty, i think of it as constructive criticism, it's okay.

Ah, my least favourite side mission on Rannoch (or whatever it's spelled).

And... can't really say I understand how you see that happening - and I remember perfectly the Mass Effect mission. I don't want to be too critical, OP, but you might want to sketch a bit better how you see this working in Warframe. You know, try to put a bit more of a narrative to it: "you have to reach a room made like this and once you are there you have to shoot at this or hack this or avoid detection and move to the next area or wait a bit and so on", or something like that.

What you say for now is "planting the virus", which is what we already do. Now tell us how to "plant the virus" with a Dread, if you want to use a gun like in Mass Effect.

Since every1 of you wants more "narrative" on it, i'll try as best as i can (and yes, i know i could edit the actual post, but this is easier imo). The mission would start like normal, get to the objective, kill a few enemies along the way, yadayadayada. But once you get to the location, one of you has to get inside the server, and the rest would provide cover for the person inside. If the enemies would get to the console and alert the base, the mission becomes much harder for the person inside. More traps would activate, some routes would be "blocked off", a miniboss would come to harass you, etc. Now for the people outside, more enemies would spawn, the "pod" or something would become a defense target of some sort. So after the "hacker" has done his thing, (hacking, destroying something inside the server etc.) he would have to leave as fast as he can from the consensus/server. Once he's out, it's typical extraction, but with, you know, more enemies. But if you want to do it solo, you would spawn from the server, but there would be more stuff to hack/destroy. Of course this could be a quest mission. Now if you'll excuse me, i need to continue my ME3 Insanity-walkthrough.

Edited by TinoG100