Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Feels Like A One Trick Pony + Buff/changes

Doughalo2

I think limbos powers are based either around his ult, or his first power, and i wish his third was a bit more unique or just different. 

How about the rift surge be like a more powerful version of his first power, putting more enemies in the void with buff, because atm its a bit sad.

Also I think there should be some changes to his ultimate to make it more ULTIMATEish, because for most content frosts 3rd is much better, and with range and an augment, it stops bombards one shotting pods, slows for CC and chuck on an augment and you have even more CC, when enemies get into cataclism they are free to move a normal speed and you cant target them if outside, or visa versa.

Not only is frosts power 25 energy less, but I am even willing to say cataclysm in its current for is a team debuff, everyone always tells me to stop using it in defence, because it annoys them...

SUGGESTION: Allow cataclysm to be different from frosts snow globe, and let use shoot in and out of it, the logic behind it could be the energy can tell the difference between friendly vs enemy bullets (because its sentient energy duh) THEN it would be an ultimate...

Edited by Doughalo2

Limbo is good for teams that actually know what his powers are and co-ordinate banish/cataclysm requests as needed.

That being said...

I think your idea is a bit overpowered, but i agree Limbo needs some sort of major boost, particularly to Cataclysm.  And Rift Surge (the one skill i never intentionally use)  

Limbo is good for teams that actually know what his powers are and co-ordinate banish/cataclysm requests as needed. 

Sadly only very few people state that, the majority of the player base find that statement to be an illusion invented by the few of you.

Sounds to me that if the great majority doesn't know how to play limbo, its because he is really bad and not playable, hence he need a major rework.

All of the people that are hating on Limbo either have not encountered a good team player Limbo or they have never been able to fit to Limbo's unique playstyle based on their replies.

Limbo is perfectly fine. He is very useful for support in team play, and he is an unstoppable solo frame.

Seriously, he is fine. His powers work together with each other as well as Loki's, and that is saying something for sure.

Limbo feels less like a pony and more like a pony that keeps stepping into bear traps.

I feel he needs more than a buff or change, I feel he needs a complete rework.

^This. I know everybody is going to jump on the "Limbo isn't a 'press 4 to win' frame" statement, but I really think DE needs to take good, hard look at the guy after they're done reworking Frost.

I never get complaints as Limbo. The only time I ever had people complain about my Limbo usage was when there was a bug after the Chroma update, and people were getting stuck in the Rift after walking out of Cataclysm. So apart from actual bugs, I don't get complaints. 

I don't know why. Maybe because I don't Banish people? Maybe because I know that Cat has a toggle and I can just turn it off so people can get drops whenever we have a convenient time? Idk... 

He probably needs a rework because he's too complicated for most people to understand or even work with, but he's an amazing frame if you understand him. And with proper communication he can be better than Frost. 

Limbo feels less like a pony and more like a pony that keeps stepping into bear traps.

I feel he needs more than a buff or change, I feel he needs a complete rework.

+1: Limbo is at the moment the go-to troll frame, at least from what I've seen

Sadly only very few people state that, the majority of the player base find that statement to be an illusion invented by the few of you.

Sounds to me that if the great majority doesn't know how to play limbo, its because he is really bad and not playable, hence he need a major rework.

Just because he has a learning curve, that doesn't make him any better.

It's like trying to fit a square key into a round hole. "Oh you aren't using it properly". Is an excuse at this point. "Limbo requires co-ordination from his teammate" and other frames don't? Proper communication shouldn't be what makes a frame good, it should enhance the teamplay aspect of it.

Currently limbo isn't a bad, but he certain needs alot of buffs before i'd consider him a good one.

Edit: What a typo.

Edited by Buzkyl

I am far from uncreative and frequently I feel stumped playing as him.

Like Im playing chess and thinking about my next move. If im outside of defense I feel hopeless because I am stuck between bringing in one guy at a time or using cataclysm (which isnt even 100% knockdown )

So i never wanna play because I strain everytime to figure out a plan. Im not saying he needs to be 4 to win or super easy but i think that managing several planes of existence, his squishiness, and energy kinda destroys my train of thought

Edited by Anatolius

Like Im playing chess and thinking about my next move. If im outside of defense I feel hopeless because I am stuck between bringing in one guy at a time or using cataclysm (which isnt even 100% knockdown )

So i never wanna play because I strain everytime to figure out a plan. Im not saying he needs to be 4 to win or super easy but i think that managing several planes of existence, his squishiness, and energy kinda destroys my train of thought

I think limbos powers are based either around his ult, or his first power, and i wish his third was a bit more unique or just different. 

How about the rift surge be like a more powerful version of his first power, putting more enemies in the void with buff, because atm its a bit sad.

Also I think there should be some changes to his ultimate to make it more ULTIMATEish, because for most content frosts 3rd is much better, and with range and an augment, it stops bombards one shotting pods, slows for CC and chuck on an augment and you have even more CC, when enemies get into cataclism they are free to move a normal speed and you cant target them if outside, or visa versa.

Not only is frosts power 25 energy less, but I am even willing to say cataclysm in its current for is a team debuff, everyone always tells me to stop using it in defence, because it annoys them...

SUGGESTION: Allow cataclysm to be different from frosts snow globe, and let use shoot in and out of it, the logic behind it could be the energy can tell the difference between friendly vs enemy bullets (because its sentient energy duh) THEN it would be an ultimate...

Limbo has many different playstyles

I, (A limbo main) play him as an assassin (Unless we have a mesa or nova then I go full support) 

Due to limbos ability to warp planes he is able to rift walk and banish out a heavy target, I keep my surge up constantly and run a dragon nikanna for the finisher damage. Not only this but late game he is the best for risk runs, he can grab your supports he can revive allies easily he can also nuke down those annoying ospreys. Not many know this but when you banish an osprey they almost always die since they are heavy armor heavy shield targets, banish is a flat execution ability. Meaning... bye bye annoying drones.

Although Cataclysm is a bit on the weak side as a 4 ability you can make it up for building a strength build. Efficiency isn't important if you play your cards right so go build that strength and duration build. By doing this your rift surge becomes a 548% damage multiplyer, by tossing this into a crowd and proper timing with a decent gun you can take out multiple heavy threats faster than anyone else. This also increases your cataclysm to a 1428 base damage (On first throwdown, many people don't realize this ability... hits TWICE) Meaning thats an easy 2856 damage at a low cost to limbo.

It's not that limbos' abilities need a rework it's more so the fact people need to learn to PLAY limbo.

Limbo is by far the most balanced frame there is in my opinion, he becomes ungodly op when you're skilled or incredibly week unskilled.

Limbo's nature is (Super Genius who makes bold choices, and alters physics and likes math) So... shouldn't the player as well be capable of making huge calculations as to of what you should do or not?

Okay I bolded everything wrong you said and underlined what you said is correct.

WRONG! Limbos' powers are based off of his third ability, RIFT SURGE. Why you will ask because you're posting a thread with no understanding of the warframe? Rift Surge fits the bill as to of WHO limbo is. Rift Surge is an Expensive yet VALUABLE skill. Do I cast that for the damage multiplier or do I banish 3 heavy threats? Do I not cast either and cast cataclysm for some momentary protection until they walk out? Limbo IS a mathematician. He's about calculations and deciding what to do. If you haven't realized that his abilities revolve around his 3, you need to find another frame.

WRONG! Oh, so this just by default makes his 1 ability a pinpoint and in the end essentially makes it worthless! BRILLIANT IDEA, not only this but it's takes the place of cataclysm. Damn you're on fire! 2 broken abilities at the concept of fixing one! (Have you thought about joining DE's balance team?)

Okay this one I won't tell you are essentially wrong, but i'll let you know you are wrong, yet right in the same way.
Frosts' bubble begins to fall off at content after wave 20, he isn't as viable as a limbo is in terms of ranged defense, but beats him in melee defense. Frost's bubble doesn't have great protection from rockets, infact it just makes them explode if you're near the edge of the dome and kills you.

You need to know the difference between their bubbles and why NOT to compare them. Limbo is ranged defense, Frost is Melee defense. Two polar opposites, do not compare them.

You also stated. "To move a normal speed you can't target them if outside, or visa versa." Yeah, don't focus on the ones outside focus on the threat at hand, thats what makes limbo so great for defense and survival. Oh did I mention they're taking over 260% damage if you're running a minimal build...

but I am even willing to say cataclysm in its current for is a team debuff, everyone always tells me to stop using it in defence, because it annoys them...

POSSIBLY WRONG! Either your team is full of idiots or you're using it incorrectly. An AOE damage multiplying, energy regaining, long range defense bubble is NOT a debuff.

DUMB IDEA! ​Oh... so make it essentially non existent? (Also a good limbo banishes teammates who go outside the bubble)

Edited by (PS4)ravebane47

Limbo is by far the most balanced frame there is in my opinion, he becomes ungodly op when you're skilled or incredibly week unskilled.

Except that is not what a balance frame is.

If Limbo was a decently balanced frame he shouldn't be incredibly weak nor OP in the first place. Limbo is a frame, he doesn't have a "nature" attaching personalities to frames (and therefore it's user) as everything is up to personal interpretation.

As to his abilities,

The staff would not make a thread dedicated to his feedback if they truly believed he was balanced.

The thread itself already mention issues with his abilities such as rift surge being a damage multiplier only to himself, cannot pickup loot in cataclysm . So while you are satisfied with limbo, the majority would disagree and that the "Master of the Rift" could be much better than he is.

Edited by Buzkyl

-snip-

It's a shame that the thread is 27 pages long and the only things that have been fixed are: allowing teammates to exit the rift (which, if it wasn't for his un-godly trolling potential, wouldn't have even been an issue to begin with) and allowing Cataclysm to be detonated manually (which, frankly, should've been allowed since it's inception).

For Christ sake stop trying to defend limbo, right now he is a frame that deserves a complete rework.

Excalibur, Limbo, Ember, Hydroid and Trinity are frames that deserve to be looked at before frames such as frost who is quite fine the way he is at the moment.

Thankfully we all got our wish and our golden child Excalibur is getting his well deserved rework.

Limbo I believe needs this, his first ability and second ability are, okay. It would be nice if banish had that health regen as part of the ability and not as an augment, rift walk is fine, needs nothing  added.

His second third though.....different story. Throw those out. They're completely underwhelming. Now I don't want nor do I hope that DE tries to buff these abilities because they won't be much better.

And to be honest rift surge is not very helpful and most players hardly will think about using it as the noticeable damage increase is quite negligible. Your trying to prevent a frame becoming better when you bash someone who thinks DE could improve upon a frame that become one dear to many player.

Anyway Rift surge could be replaced with something call Rift traps, Basically limbo will be able to throw four large black holes (10- 20 ft apart)  in front of him which if an enemy is caught in or walks in they can't escape while is slowly collapses upon it self.

His ultimate  thought could be a reworked version of cataclysm where in the given space Limbo is the god of his own space and anything that enters starts floating around, rag dolling slowly as if in the vacuum of space almost like rhino stomp's stasis but here they can stll shoot at you.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/457798-limbo-changes-for-usability/

Also, Frost's globe was changed to have health because it was a bit too strong to be able to shoot out of it but no enemy be able to shoot in. You're basically asking for Limbo's Cataclysm to be pre-nerf Frost's Globe, which probably won't happen because of the same reasons Frost took the hit.

But yes, Rift Surge -- and the Rift in general -- need to be an encouraging place to play. They need to actively benefit both the Limbo and their teammates. That's why I made the thread I linked above.

Limbo is fail all around frame.

He needs a huge reboot and redesign.

Never a frame as been this bad, from redundant abilities, to dependent abilities that have no effect on their own.

Find me in a public match and I will show you how to do "The Limbo". However I do agree rift surge is complete trash and cataclysm could offer better protection maybe a damage reduction from enemies inside.

It's pretty funny how the 'Master of the Rift' has no actual mastery over the Rift.

Limbo's 1 and 2 seriously need to be combined somehow. Maybe as a small AoE burst at the target location? It just feels so redundant how his 1, 2 and 4 all serve more-or-less the exact same purpose; shifting things into/out of the Rift. Cataclysm I can understand at least because it's a gigantic "banish everything ever" button, but Banish and Rift Walk are very redundant and could easily be made into a single power, making way for a more innovative idea.

Also, being in the Rift shouldn't be a disadvantage. "But you get 2EpS! That's so good!" No, it's not. If I wanted tons of energy, I would be playing Trinity. Limbo should be focused on hiding in the Rift and popping out/dragging things in as needed. Cataclysm is supposed be Limbo's ultimate playground, yet the very nature of the Rift Plane makes going in there suicide. Rift Surge gives damage, yes. That's all well and good, but only to Limbo, and it's not even a high multiplier, even at max Strength. If Surge affected allies, or had some sort of defensive capability then maybe it would be worth the 75 energy it takes to cast.