The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Buff For Older Primes?

Trylobyte

I don't even consider it an argument.PS4 and xbone versions weren't even out when Founders Packs were.

And pc players complain because they missed their chance.

Console didn't get a chance even to founders who transferred so not being out when it happened shouldn't matter.

Edited by (PS4)inuyasha279

9/23/14 - Nyx Prime:  2% faster, 333% more armor

12/16/14 - Nova Prime:  16% more energy, 33.3% more shields

3/24/15 - Volt Prime: 100% more energy, 667% more armor

how-about-no-bear.jpg

Ehheheh, you realize these are ACTUAL records of the buffs, right? Not propositions? when he says 667% more armor, he means that's how much it was buffed compared to the original. volt prime had a 100% energy buff. It started as 100, with +100%, that's 200, volt prime's energy level....

It doesn't help that entitled founders keep asking for more. 

I hope that this isn't a generalization of the everyone in founders.

Look at it this way:

Why give Excal Prime the stat change? To make him equal to other primes.

Why not? Because people who don't have him will complain.

Will it matter to people who don't have him if he just got just a health boost, or just a shield boost? The logical way to buff him is just to give him that one stat change; it's not like it's asking for a volt prime-like buff of a huge bit of armor and energy. If people are still going to piss and moan about the one stat change, then, honestly and bluntly, tough luck. If it seems so prestigious, that is what founders get for 1.) playing this game since founders and 2.) supporting DE through founders.

I say this without any bias from being a founder myself. I can understand the trepidation. But, seriously, one single stat change is all that is required and it can't hurt.

Honestly, I blame DE for buffing prime frames in the first place.

I was in fact one of the heaviest supporters that Prime frames should be almost cosmetic.

An extra polarity, shiny gold bits and unique void interactions was more than enough.

Now with the increasingly absurd buffs, non-prime frames are going to be less and less effective.

I fear by time we reach Mesa Prime, she is going to get straight gun damage buffs on top of just faster reload :/

Will it matter to people who don't have him if he just got just a health boost, or just a shield boost?

Yes, it will matter.

Very likely a lot of Volt players, just to use the most heavily buffed prime, will get Volt Prime because it is an improvement, in MMO's people always seek to improve their current gear, if Excal Prime gets the buff, even a small one like the shield thing he was always rumored to have, it will mean a better version of Excalibur is out there that nobody can get except the Hunter founders and up, and thus, people will make an issue of it.

From what I've seen of your posts on the matter, you've basically been like ''well, people will complain either way, so just give -us- what we want and let the vast majority of the player base drown in their salty tears.'', if people will complain either way, it makes sense to -not- piss off the vastly larger group.

Edited by CenturyNitro

From what I've seen of your posts on the matter, you've basically been like ''well, people will complain either way, so just give -us- what we want and let the vast majority of the player base drown in their salty tears.'', if people will complain either way, it makes sense to -not- piss off the vastly larger group.

I can understand your view point, but don't attempt to put words in my mouth.

I haven't played Excalibur in a very long time, and I doubt I will give him much more time when his changes are shipped out. Therefore, it is not like I am connected to my Excalibur Prime in any regard. I only say buff him because it just doesn't make sense that he is the only one that doesn't have stat changes, unlike his counterparts (Frost and Mag are an exception, but they will probably get changed too).

So, I don't say give him the stat change so I can make the most of what I have over people who don't have him. I say give him the change to make him comparably equal to his prime brothers and sisters. Though I will straight up say that anything Volt Prime material is overcompensation and those who don't have Excal Prime would have every right to retaliate. Quite honestly, if Volt Prime had not gotten such not gotten some extensive buffs, we might not even have these threads and the older primes would not have a high standard to match up to.

Edited by R34LM

-snip-

Quite honestly, if Volt Prime had not gotten such not gotten some extensive buffs, we might not even have these threads and the older primes would not have a high standard to match up to.

I agree. Who needs 850 energy?

Oh, that's right. A witch.

Buff older Primes please!  My vote goes for a touch more speed on Mag because I feel sluggish playing her.  I love her to bits but out of my regularly played frames she second only to Frost in slowness.  If she were to get a second bonus then either a little bit of health because being alive is good or a little bit of energy because I don't want to have to use Flow to not feel that the +250 energy from Death Orbs is going to waste when I can only store 150.

RE:  The Excalibur Prime P2W argument: 

Even if he gets buffed there is still no P2W because of timing.  When we were able to 'P' there was no 'W'.  If there is a 'W' later there will be no option to 'P'.  Ergo there will be no P2W because at no point in time were you able to make the informed decision to pay in order to win. 

You could even argue that there was a time when Cal P was P2L since he got an additional 'V' slot at a time when there were only 3 'V' mods for Warframes so you ended up needing more Forma for some builds and then when Auras became mods he got a 'V' while the regular Cal got a flexible blank slot, again limiting builds.

Edited by Katinka