Doughalo2

Repligon

Gold Seeker

• PaladinAltAvatarDark.png?_r=0
  • HUNTER
  • Hunter.png
  • 768 posts

Posted Today, 05:36 AM

I think best solution would be giving energy for dealing damage. Give weapons new stat - energy absorption. Your squadmates get 50% of energy absorbed by you (like affinity).

Reliable customizable energy source. No more energy balls drops -> less rng.

New weapon stat as balancing factor. Give boltor prime and other OP guns close to 0 absorption and large absorbtion values to underrated guns.

Enemies killed with powers give no energy -> no killing by spamming without Trinity.

Turn EV into absorption booster -> no killing by spamming even with Trinity.

THIS IS GENIOUS

bro soz for posting this but this is how warframe should be played 

Meh, honestly I don't like the idea.  I think it would make it to easy to get energy, even though it is already very easy.  There is also the issue, if you take a weapon with a poor absorb rate into a mission(alert or low tier Void tower for example), where your weapon kills with only a round or two, then you would be getting no energy.  In other words it wouldn't scale well, and while at its core it seems like a decent idea, it doesn't feel thought out well enough, lots and lots of scaling and balance issues, but mostly scaling(enemies with and without armor for example and with how broken armor scaling currently is, this would be a nightmare). 

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

I like how you open a thread promising a "solution", OP, where there seems to be no "problem".

Energy in this game is plentiful. I'm not saying that this "solution" is worse than what happens, but why do you think that it is better?

Also I dislike how you want to tie higher energy values to weaker weapons. Why exactly? I don't like it.

Few problems/questions with this:
It being shared is one of them:
One person would be the designated gimp of the group with the highest absorption that would very inneffectually shoot enemies and never really kill them while the rest of the squad uses him to leech energy as they use the most 'op' weapons in the game.  Not very fun for the person designated for that to sit around knowing that he cant kill anything, and also annoying because now the rest of the squad has to let the enemies live and be very dangerous simply so that the designated player can get some energy for the rest of them.
And honestly, who wants to be the person told "Bring this nerf gun that literally can't kill them so that we can use abilities.  And don't even think of switching to something more effective."

Another problem is the scaling.
So you bring a weak weapon to a T4D mission so that people can get energy needed to make it 20-40 minutes/waves.
At about 15 minutes/waves your gun starts dealing single digits of damage.
Now your only method of absorption for energy can't do it, and the party hits a very hard energy wall with no way around it seeing as enemies can no longer drop orbs.
And I dont think that a hard unavoidable wall like that would be good for anyone.

This could very well be a nerf to hard hitting, slow firing, weapons.
Unless their absorption value is massive weapons like the Opticor or any of the Bows and quite a few snipers are now looking a potential major nerf to their usefulness.  Because its either: Use a bow or use abilities.
And I can't see that as a good choice to force players to make.

EDIT: Of course this is gotten around by designating one player in the group as the gimp with the weak fast firing weapons to leech as much energy as you can as you pray and hope that he doesn't go down seeing as how he can't kill anything no matter how many clips he empties into them....But again who would want to be designated that player?
And it doesn't serve to fix the issue of a potential nerf like that in solo. :END EDIT

Meanwhile the fast hitting guns, or ones that hit groups like the Ignis, Penta, Ogris(even though it has a charge up it can hit way more enemies than any of the weapons listed in the last paragraph), are much better off as they can hit a lot more enemies in a much smaller timeframe and gain a lot more energy than any of the slow harder hitting weapons.

Then there are problems with the syndicate weapons and their procs.
The Cephalon Suda proc would become very op because it restores a decent amount of energy when it procs.  Meaning it doesn't matter if the Synoid Gammacor has a 0 absorption the procs would potentially more than make up for it.  Especially when the high absorption guns simply can't damage the enemies.
Meanwhile you have to ask: would the procs damage/kills add to your energy?
Because if they do then they become stupidly OP for the ability to gain energy faster than potentially anything else.
If they dont then they range from a hinderance, outside of Sudas, to a trolling tool.  Because if I bring a weapon mod that provides entropy and it procs and heavily damages/kills everything near me no one else gets as much energy as I do!

In short: I don't see this working out very well.
I pointed out a few things above but there are tons more possibilities for how this could be actively harmful, and used for lots of trolling potential, if implemented.
It would be a massive step backwards from the current system.

Edited by Tsukinoki

I'm falttered

really good suggestion gameplay wise. Lore and logic wise its a nightmare

I thought about it like tenno modified their guns to cast mini Trinity's energy vampires.

lots and lots of scaling and balance issues

This is why I never started a thread about it. And there is more: how to efficiently rank up gear and farm money and prime parts without spamming? DE never bothered to give any alternative.

Also I dislike how you want to tie higher energy values to weaker weapons. Why exactly? I don't like it.

To give medicore weapons a purpose as a power leech for casters? Don't think about it like strong guns are hindered. They should have enough absorption too.

It being shared is one of them:
One person would be the designated gimp of the group with the highest absorption that would very inneffectually shoot enemies and never really kill them while the rest of the squad uses him to leech energy as they use the most 'op' weapons in the game. 

So... teamwork? Have you heard of it?

So you bring a weak weapon to a T4D mission so that people can get energy needed to make it 20-40 minutes/waves.

You are exaggerating. Only the most OP weapons should have low absorption.

The Cephalon Suda proc would become very op because it restores a decent amount of energy when it procs.

~25 energy. Decent.

In short: I don't see this working out very well.

I agree here. It's not well-thought. This is why I never bothered creating thread about it. Also because I don't like how people who answer me never understand me and tend to go into extremes.

Edited by Repligon

Clarify.

If you used a power, but they didn't die, but killed them with your weapons, do you still get energy?

Or is it because you used powers on an enemy, that specific target will no longer drop energy?

What about where someone else used powers on a target, but you killed it instead with your weapon, does that enemy drop energy?

While the concept sounds nice, it seems like a disaster when actually put to the test.

And while you're on the subject, syndicate procs can kind of count as powers. So does that mean the procs from them may or may not cause enemy to drop energy if it may or may not kill them? (this is for the first section I asked about).

The syndicate procs may cause an element (combined element; ie: radiation, corrosive, ...) effect, it also has a secondary restorative effect (can be increasing max of something which in turn still restores a certain amount) of some kind.

I'm not looking for answers to the questions I posed, but it's something to think about when you introduce a concept. It should be thought-out, and at least be able to answer all if not most situations.

This is a bad idea, energy is fine... But if you really want to change it:

-No more energy orbs

-Auto energy regen

-Nerf Trinity's EV

-Change Energy Siphon (buff or nerf, you'll see)

-Change energy restore (large energy regen buff for exemple, unstackable)

Aaaand now Greedy Mag isn't an auto energy refiller anymore 

Edited by TrickBox