The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Status On Braton Prime!?

ppButWhole

Braton prime is nice, the probem is that it starts wtihout any forma. I never bother upgrading 0 forma weapons unless they are extremely good.

Ill eventually upgrade it just to see how disappointing it is. Why does it start with no polarities? Who knows!

Apparently, its superior to a Soma Prime or boltor prime, both of which start with polarities.

Edited by HandsomeSorcerer

Braton prime is nice, the probem is that it starts wtihout any forma. I never bother upgrading 0 forma weapons unless they are extremely good.

Ill eventually upgrade it just to see how disappointing it is. Why does it start with no polarities? Who knows!

Apparently, its superior to a Soma Prime or boltor prime, both of which start with polarities.

Because DE logic, same logic of D polarity on weapons and only 2 mods for that slot...

hammer shot? what?

considering braton prime kills heavy gunners faster than soma prime and boltor prime for the most part if the enemies reach lv 50+ and you're not using 4 CP i think it fills a nice niche

dont touch my braton prime that gun is amazing as is

hammer shot? what?

considering braton prime kills heavy gunners faster than soma prime and boltor prime for the most part if the enemies reach lv 50+ and you're not using 4 CP i think it fills a nice niche

dont touch my braton prime that gun is amazing as is

ah.. i used hammer shot for more status,

and i think braton prime the worst gun for a solo player with 75/350 ammo, okay well then why DE don't change the ammo pool or just back to 50/540 ammo?

Hammershot is a very bad choice of mod for the BratonP. It's not terribly good on the crit based Soma and SomaP, so here...really bad choice.

Run more elemental mods. That's almost always the answer when the question is "why does my BratonP suck."

ehhh no....oviously you have no idea how status procs work...so no...just buff the ammo pool. the braton prime its fine as it is, its a status chance monster who can put down heavys seriously easy with corrosive proc...if you cant kill anything with it:

a) you are moding it bad

b) you dont know how to use it

c) you are just happy trigger firing without even trying to headshot

d) all of the above

ah.. i used hammer shot for more status,

and i think braton prime the worst gun for a solo player with 75/350 ammo, okay well then why DE don't change the ammo pool or just back to 50/540 ammo?

Use ammo mutation

I hardly ever run out of ammo with that on.

And seriosuly though, you do know physical damage can proc, right ? And slash procs ignore armor and shields, with status chance of 20% and dual stats mod you will be able to proc more often.

Edited by The_Vile_Blade

0Hk27oQ.jpg

Best of both worlds. Works wonders for me when I go into T4, just make sure you watch your ammo!

I'm with you on this. I have a Similar build but switched out Hammer Shot for Heavy Caliber. I was doing a T4 Survival and landing 4k headshots on heavy gunners.

Zr8Hjed.jpg

Use Corrosive in Solo and Viral when going 4xCP and this thing absolutely destroys everything well into 40 Minute T4 Survivals.

Alternatively, replace Malignant Force with Thermite Rounds so the Braton Prime becomes more likely to deal Heat Procs instead of corrosion or viral procs.

Shred helps with consuming ammo as you can shoot a bombard and kill off creeps hiding behind him simultaneously.

Apart from the Total Ammo, I see no problem with the Braton Prime.

Would still be nice to get the 540 back :3

Edited by Spoof310

Oh yea guys u thinkin im moding braton prime bad but here's my Braton Prime Corrosive build and against 75 level Heavy Gunner;

KDo2CVk.jpg

only costs 33 rounds against 75 lvl heavy gunner on headshots only, im not joking, just look

0Hk27oQ.jpg

Best of both worlds. Works wonders for me when I go into T4, just make sure you watch your ammo!

Sigh... Here is your critical build for a non-critical weapon

vqvmtzt.jpg

cost 103 rounds against 75 lvl heavy gunner, i shot headshot only

And the viral Build

Y1oczpI.jpg

costs 85 rounds against 75lvl heavy gunner, i shot headshot only

im not joking guys, i killed a 75 lvl heavy enemy with 33 rounds with my only corrosive build, so u can stop the saying u don't know how to build, only problem now is ammo pool, give us ammo pool.

Use ammo mutation
I hardly ever run out of ammo with that on.

And seriosuly though, you do know physical damage can proc, right ? And slash procs ignore armor and shields, with status chance of 20% and dual stats mod you will be able to proc more often.

yes but i dont have mod slot for ammo mutation,

There is no kidding around if you play single vs grineer go corrosive 2x status, malignent force and high voltage, infected clip and storm bringer the level 90 heavy gunner just takes 10 more shots since its armour is long gone.

Still in a group with 4x CP run viral, slash, solo corrosive all the way.  

As for ammo ammo restore until De nerfs them are you friend.

Edited by Hatzeputt

I'd replace the shred on yours, OP, cause that's just eating your ammo with minimal returns, replace it with a hybrid status/element mod.

I'm all for breaking a meta, but blatantly ignoring a weapon's strengths are a great way to end up dead, mad, and a burden to your team

See, not only does Shred conserve your ammo as you can kill entire groups of enemies with the amount of bullets it would take to kill one.

You will also avoid wasting ammo on those drama queen enemies that insist on standing and doing a little dramatic pose when they die, preventing you from shooting their buddies behind them. This can waste an insane amount of ammo as you can't always see those in a group and you end up burning more ammo shooting a corpse. Incidentally this happens a lot with status weapons as enemies become burning/electrified/frozen cover for their buddies.

Though admittedly you do have to change your playstyle a bit and get in the habit of lining up enemies. Now you're thinking with portals punch-through!

With some thinking you can multiply our DPS essentially. Especially nice agains infested. Also very nice for freezing entire corridors worthg of enemies. You do run Ice with your Corrosive right? Or fire? To stun them?

TL;DR: Shred is one of the best mods for rifles.

See, not only does Shred conserve your ammo as you can kill entire groups of enemies with the amount of bullets it would take to kill one.

You will also avoid wasting ammo on those drama queen enemies that insist on standing and doing a little dramatic pose when they die, preventing you from shooting their buddies behind them. This can waste an insane amount of ammo as you can't always see those in a group and you end up burning more ammo shooting a corpse. Incidentally this happens a lot with status weapons as enemies become burning/electrified/frozen cover for their buddies.

Though admittedly you do have to change your playstyle a bit and get in the habit of lining up enemies. Now you're thinking with portals punch-through!

With some thinking you can multiply our DPS essentially. Especially nice agains infested. Also very nice for freezing entire corridors worthg of enemies. You do run Ice with your Corrosive right? Or fire? To stun them?

TL;DR: Shred is one of the best mods for rifles.

Shred will only kill the 1 behind, if you want true punch through abilities you go for metal augor but it comes at a cost! Shred is good for most weapons and to be honest as a force multiplier it should be fitted always, except bows. metal augor on the other hand is more difficult to fit and does not fit every weapon but for example on the Soma P oh boy it wrecks.....totally worth it! 

If you want corridor shredding, shred helps but metal augor does the job, at a cost. While shred is worth on a great many of things metal augor does not fit every weapon and is heavy on the point costs, but on some totally worth it!  

As for the Braton,yes indeed Shred is highly appropriated and you do indeed build it for status and not for crits....only idiots do that.  2xdual stat is good enough, and the pure corrosive build works for single player duty, just adjust it vs corpus. 

Edited by Hatzeputt

Shred works even better in Braton cause the corpses will be dismembered half the time, of course Metal Auger transform your rifle on an automatic Lanka but hurts on mod points...

I personaly prefer corrosive + cold, because that shielded moas eat my ammo more than heavies, and ice have no nrgative effect on grinner, except eximus units...

-snip-

I still don't believe you are not a troll. Only way to not be trolling is if you are very new. Too lazy too check. In solo mode, going against 1 level 75 heavy gunner, if you want to try out which build works best, for the third and only option on Braton prime, - status build you go full corrosion and not full viral. 0, 1 or 3 CP auras, always go full corrosive if your main target are heavy gunners, Viral only become best option with 4 x CP.

Considering the garden variety of Grakata can hit 20k dps and the BratonP can hit about 22k dps...the P-Grak might very well eclipse the BratonP.

It'll be pretty close in performance, though, and the P-Grak will have a fairly restricted build since it'll require the usual crit mods for best performance.