Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Non-Boss/defense Missions....

Xylia

So, how exactly is a new player supposed to get anywhere in Warframe these days?

I'm not exactly a "new" player, but then I kinda am. I've put in 46h by now, and I mostly play with a friend of mine who has been very helpful to me.

I don't want to be carried the entire way, though and I'm sure he's got more important things to do than hauling me around everywhere.

The thing is, though, is that anything beyond Venus is all locked 'cept for a few maps he took me to, to help me farm things. I've some of the boss and Defense maps unlocked.

Everything else, Earth+?

Locked.

So, earlier, I pulled up my map and I switched to Online Mode and I was like "Well, let's fill some of this stuff in".

Oh wait......

0 players, everywhere, except for ..... yup, boss/defense maps.

You know, it'd help if the OTHER maps actually rewarded things like Rare Resources, Blueprints, etc. That way people'd have a reason to actually play these maps, right?

Well, as things stand, there's several maps in my way that are all Infested.

Infested is pretty much impossible to solo.

So... without someone carrying me through those maps... I'm pretty well stuck. It was one of the reasons why I wanted to get and level up Rhino so bad; he was the only frame that stood a chance at clearing those Infested maps.

Well.....we all know how THAT ended, don't we?

Dual Heat Swords. Carve up them Infested like butter.

Or, better yet-a Shade. Makes Infested missions a breeze, albeit a breeze with almost no kills.

But, for the core issue-get a clan. They can go on missions with you and not just take you to later places. (Assuming you get a good clan.)

Speaking of a good clan, message me about joining Space Sharks Incorporated. I know I personally would gladly go on missions with you, and I'm sure many other members would be too.

Dual Heat Swords. Carve up them Infested like butter.

Or, better yet-a Shade. Makes Infested missions a breeze, albeit a breeze with almost no kills.

But, for the core issue-get a clan. They can go on missions with you and not just take you to later places. (Assuming you get a good clan.)

Speaking of a good clan, message me about joining Space Sharks Incorporated. I know I personally would gladly go on missions with you, and I'm sure many other members would be too.

I might consider it, though I noticed my friend is in a clan too, I was planning on asking him about it.... tho if his clan is just him alone... eh. lol. He's a good friend and all, but I suppose I should try and get to know other peeps too. I need to also install the AC in my window... the reason I'm not playing Warframe right now, is because my room is now 80F... with my computer running at idle.

Boot up Warframe and the room climbs up to 85, 90F because there's literally no air circulation. If I open the window, I get eaten alive by bugs.

I'll look into the BP for the Dual Heat Swords... hopefully it doesn't take something stupid I can't farm... lol.

Edited by Xylia

If you're having trouble making it through the infested maps solo, you could level up a bit more and collect mods and such on mercury and venus until you're strong enough. Although it does take some effort, I did the same thing and eventually you'll be able to handle infested once properly equipped. It's gonna take a little bit of grinding though, but its not too bad.

Hmm, even if I do clear the Infested maps, my point behind the OP (I might have accidentally buried it myself, sorry about that) is that out of all the game's maps, maybe 10% of them are actually played on a regular basis and that's kinda a shame.

They really need to offer incentives for players to play those other maps.

Here's an Idea....

u just need to read the highly word to understand

1/we already Got Fusion Moa (AKA Prime Moa) now, why dont we make it much more harder to kill and give it a 100% drop Rare mod. Also Give Infester and Grinner a Fushion Infester and Fushion Grinner or something too ?

2/ Give Stalker drop VERY RARE Mod, that only Stalker may drop

3/1% chance get 1 Platium after breaking box

4/We get encounter with Dealy enemy that uncommonly appear in the map (and give many drop when die)

Grinner: Dreadnouth (Giant Robot been control from far away)

Corpus: Battle Heli-Boter (Flying Medium-side Unit with Machinegun and Stragging bom like Moa stamb)

Infester:Devouer ( Worm that can go under ground to perform Deadly supride attack, May jump on ceeling, star go inside the ceeling and do exacly same thing)

Edited by Doforcash

I have opened up most of the map just by joining online games and rushing through them. There are a lot of other people looking to open them all up so they can get the alerts.

Just have your friend hit a some random spots on the plaents you haven't reached with you, and get a foothold. You can join games way above your level, people do it all the time. In fact people rarely care, they like ending a missions and seeing that they are killboard winners. Just don't go joining mobile defense missions if you are in poorly modded gear, failing those because your teammates aren't carrying their weight IS annoying.

Often if you just start your online game before people show up, they will show up before you get too far.

Edited by Emotitron

well from the start i played alot on venus and stuff. and only had some important farm defense missions up and available. till that 1 day (2 weeks ago)

when i saw a AM on warframe wiki/twitter were something dropped i rly wanted. but i couldnt get there and get it.. and no one in the chat helped me. i was so mad, after that i played every single level in the game. so i will never miss any AM again (if im online)

even tho i never had problems doing it solo (even eris) i found always at least 1-2 guys in the levels. but i agree.. other levels should give more. so people play it again (and not only for progressing to the next level)

Wow, I'm at 30 and have almost every planet unlocked, not all the missions mind you, but the planet itself at least. If you need to do a mission and nobody else is playing it just hit the play now button. It isn't exactly a hard game until the very high levels and odds are someone will join in to help you.