Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Anointed (Fan Concept) Founder Gear Alternatives & Rework

DietEbolaCola

I have provided 2 separate origins for this depending on where DE would want to dump it, either Orokin for PVE or as Tenno working with Teshin for Conclave content.

Description (PVE Option): Used exclusively for Tenno participating in Orokin Coronation Ceremonies and Rites of Ascension, these items were gilded with shimmering golden Forma and various exotic alloys. 

Description (Conclave Option): Awarded to elite Tenno hardened by the crucible of trial by combat, these items are gilded with shimmering golden Forma and various exotic alloys.  

- Anointed Excalibur -

- Anointed Lato -

- Anointed Skana -

- Anointed Syandana -

Appearance: These items have different character models than their Prime counterparts. These will have more PBR gold & metallic shiny areas than tint-able matte areas compared to their Prime versions. 

Concept Art: I would love some. Please respond to thread if you come up with something inspired by this post.

Function: Stats and bonuses will be exactly the same as Prime, as they are primarily ceremonial alternates of regular Primes. Any stat adjusted to the Prime versions can be mirrored to Anointed versions, and vice versa. Gives more freedom to DE balance team. Will recharge energy from void spheres like Primes. Available for use in PVE and in Conclave like Primes.

Mastery: These are treated as separate items from the Prime versions and therefore offer additional Mastery to those that already have the Prime versions.

Availability (PVE Option): Blueprints and parts could be added as rewards for future additional Trials (Raid) content, Tomb of the Sentient area content, Orokin Derelict reward tables, or they can be added as completely separate Quest lines.

Availability (Conclave Option): These could be offered pre-built as Conclave Syndicate offerings. Tradeability will be as per Syndicate items (unused & unranked items, mastery locked). 

Note: This was inspired by founders gear salt thread (among others) @ https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/472308-no-buffs-for-founders-items/page-11

Agenda: The plan is to render Founders gear exclusivity issues obsolete and finally lay them to rest. 

Precedent: Other F2P games do the same thing quite successfully with Founders, Hero, and Champion versions of the same armor, tank, or mech. They usually have different skins or somewhat different modeling to distinguish them, but tend to have the same or similar passives (like XP boost or credit boost). And yes, some of those F2P games use similar mechanics to Mastery that Warframe uses, where each of those versions counts separately towards overall leveling, too. I don't see the problem with introducing the same program here.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Welp. This is gonna need some flame repellent but I'm with you. Honestly I don't think this will stop anything, people will always want to be a special snowflake when they see the other special snowflakes. But who knows. +1.

EDIT: IF this were to make it in game, I think the best chance it has of stopping whining from both normal players about founder stuff (since they could get these) and not get backfire from (non-entitled) founders- is to make these EXTREMELY difficult to get. End game content. Raids or sentient related stuff would be a good way to go about it. If it's super hard to get then founders likely wouldn't complain (as much) since it'd take a lot of effort to get it.

Edited by Stratego89

EDIT: IF this were to make it in game, I think the best chance it has of stopping whining from both normal players about founder stuff (since they could get these) and not get backfire from (non-entitled) founders- is to make these EXTREMELY difficult to get. End game content. Raids or sentient related stuff would be a good way to go about it. If it's super hard to get then founders likely wouldn't complain (as much) since it'd take a lot of effort to get it.

Yeah, I'm seeing this as the more involved Quests similar to Chroma, Limbo, or Mesa.. or for Nightmare Trials of Retribution type reward tier.. or for Conclave Syndicate as the 100k Standing per item Tier 5 items.. whatever DE feels best and fits lore best..

OP updated with Precedent section:

Other F2P games do the same thing quite successfully with Founders, Hero, and Champion versions of the same armor, tank, or mech. They usually have different skins or somewhat different modeling to distinguish them, but tend to have the same or similar passives (like XP boost or credit boost).

And yes, some of those F2P games use similar mechanics to Mastery that Warframe uses, where each of those versions counts separately towards overall leveling, too.

I don't see the problem with introducing the same program here.

I am picturing the body based on asian ceremonial armor or robes, such as:

37b0699c42a5a56637aa1fff35d1b088.jpg

7699b45f525182801ae33ea039db6665.jpg5e955afdb5bcecb38a08c82f6504a178.jpg

The helmet I picture as inspired by samurai helmets but with pharaoh headdress dropping down the sides, a hybrid of these:

mask-7.jpg

ancient-egyptian-phorohs-2.jpg

And of course the whole thing will mostly be an shimmering orokin gold version of the animated rubedo plated skin or prisma skins.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

Now that Excal Prime has 25 armor more than regular Excal with 16.9, and the argument for and against it, this Concept becomes even more relevant.

I have a few people that said they'd try their hand at coming up with concept art for plats. Let's see how that goes.

My buddy Gurzil pointed out that my concept reminded him of Garo. I can see that. I'm looking for something a little less scary and a little more elegant, however.

It should also have excal's sexy butt. That's a given.

Here's a pic of Garo for reference.

garo-desktop-1024x768-wanted-wallpaper.j

Edited by DietEbolaCola

I don't think anyone wants to screw over or insult the Founder players. But at the same time the playerbase can feel a bit jilted about Excal Prime, not because they can't have him but more that they missed the opportunity.

This is an effective compromise that should require enough effort so as to stand as a badge of honor on its own.

It also helps that this is coming from a Grand Master Founder. This way no one can dismiss it as an attempt by a non-Founder to justify having Excal Prime.

I like that alternatives are being thought of, because I want a fancier version of excal, but half the time when alternatives are thought of (even when not primed variants) they are shot down. Love the concept though, it keeps exclusivity to founders and makes a fancier excal for the rest of us.

Oh, where is it...

Ah!  Here we go:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/459562-syndicate-framesskins/

Basically, syndicate skins for frames that provide boosts to frames that likely won't have primes or don't have stat boosts to their primes (then add those boosts to the primes anyways.)  I'll admit to having a bit of jealousy for the mastery points from lato/skana primes but I don't want them tempting me to sell them since I'd prefer prisma skana over prime for both looks and stats.  The lato prime is noncompetative.

If there's one founder reward actually regret not having, it's the Grineer Design Council.

Oh, where is it...

Ah!  Here we go:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/459562-syndicate-framesskins/

Basically, syndicate skins for frames that provide boosts to frames that likely won't have primes or don't have stat boosts to their primes (then add those boosts to the primes anyways.)  I'll admit to having a bit of jealousy for the mastery points from lato/skana primes but I don't want them tempting me to sell them since I'd prefer prisma skana over prime for both looks and stats.  The lato prime is noncompetative.

If there's one founder reward actually regret not having, it's the Grineer Design Council.

DE won't be releasing new cosmetic skins with stats. It was a failed experiment on their part. They will however, make things like augments & arcane enhancements that can add stats to cosmetic skins or existing items. I recommend going a similar route to rework your concept.

Players are selected to be added to Design Council. Keep contributing to the community and eventually you may be voted in.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

DE won't be releasing new cosmetic skins with stats. It was a failed experiment on their part. They will however, make things like augments & arcane enhancements that can add stats to cosmetic skins or existing items. I recommend going a similar route to rework your concept.

Players are selected to be added to Design Council. Keep contributing to the community and eventually you may be voted in.

I thought that was for Platinum skins to avoid it becoming pay to win (with stuff like Brokk Hammer and so on,) I'd think that if they're acquirable through syndicates it would work to avoid that problem as well as not having to work them into alerts... it's an alternate to the eventual cry of "where's our syndicate frames" which will be painful to people who work to cap mastery and those who would end up feeding too many forma cookies into six frames at once...  still, I get the problem with fashion stats now that I think about it.

I thought that was for Platinum skins to avoid it becoming pay to win (with stuff like Brokk Hammer and so on,) I'd think that if they're acquirable through syndicates it would work to avoid that problem as well as not having to work them into alerts... it's an alternate to the eventual cry of "where's our syndicate frames" which will be painful to people who work to cap mastery and those who would end up feeding too many forma cookies into six frames at once...  still, I get the problem with fashion stats now that I think about it.

People are already angry about syndicate cosmetics being untradeable, like the syandanas, too. Fashion stats lock people into a particular item to get particular stats. It gives more players more build choice to have stats separate from cosmetics from the start.

Syndicate frames imply the syndicates have the tech know-how to build frames. The lore may not support that.

Edited by DietEbolaCola

People are already angry about syndicate cosmetics being untradeable, like the syandanas, too. Fashion stats lock people into a particular item to get particular stats. It gives more players more build choice to have stats separate from cosmetics from the start.

Syndicate frames imply the syndicates have the tech know-how to build frames. The lore may not support that.

Even if the syndicates could build a frame, thinking that they could build one better than the Tenno is ridiculous, but them salvaging a component from the void is possible.  (sigh) Wish this conversation was in the other thread, it feels like I'm derailing yours.  The only way I could think to work it would be acquiring the skins would unlock a syndicate upgrade to the frame.

Back on track, I'm torn on this.  If we get another excalibur I'd want it to be an anniversary lotus-decorated DEXcalibur, but I get the problem with adding too many variants.  As for acquiring it, I wouldn't be opposed to Conclave so long as it's not frustrating to get in PvE.  

Speaking of, what would your thoughts be on "Anointing" as an enhancement similar to the way Arcane works?

This seems like 1 of 2 possibilities.

1. Make existing Founder gear available to all and these items are new Founder gear

2. A reskin or additional Founder items.

Either option will have people upset they can't get something someone else has. Both options would make more people upset, current people who don't have founders weren't playing then, missing out on the gear make sense. If something new comes out while I play and I can't get it then I'd be annoyed.

It doesn't make sense to put full effort into making new content when only a small % of players can use it, and there isn't a cost.

If option 1 I listed, its just yet another way to work around Founder item exclusivity. Which will result in a lock on the thread.

Separate this from any mention of Founders and its not a bad idea. Though a simple reskin limited to Primes would be better. There is no reason to make a whole new frame when everything will be exactly the same.

Edited by Lightsmith

Maybe this concept should try and stay away from the shiny gold look. Maybe try something of a silver or platinum tone?

I'm just thinking that if we want to provide a true alternative, it would be best if this didn't look like just another Prime.

As a lover of Primes and shiny things in general, I like this idea a lot. My only suggestion is that since DE is moving towards tintable shiny-bits for Primes using the new PBR materials, that these would be tintable as well.

Just a few questions - 

1) Do you have any ideas for the look of the Lato, Skana, and Syandana? I like what you're suggesting for the Frame, and was curious if you had any ideas for those as well. 

2) One reason I've been batting around an idea for the Founders items (but have been too scared to post it...) is because of the lack of Dual Skana and AkLato Prime variants; in your concept would having akimbo/dual be available as well?

Lovely idea overall, I hope it or something similar gets implemented. :)

Hi, if I do indeed do some concept art-which I cannot guarantee btw-do you think excalibur should have:

a)extra armor on body?

b)crystalline or mini crystals on some/all regions?

c)different silhouette?

d)slightly different helmet structure?

e)different body pattern?

As a lover of Primes and shiny things in general, I like this idea a lot. My only suggestion is that since DE is moving towards tintable shiny-bits for Primes using the new PBR materials, that these would be tintable as well.

Just a few questions - 

1) Do you have any ideas for the look of the Lato, Skana, and Syandana? I like what you're suggesting for the Frame, and was curious if you had any ideas for those as well. 

2) One reason I've been batting around an idea for the Founders items (but have been too scared to post it...) is because of the lack of Dual Skana and AkLato Prime variants; in your concept would having akimbo/dual be available as well?

Lovely idea overall, I hope it or something similar gets implemented. :)

I kinda picture it like the Rubedo Plated Skins where most of it is the animated rubedo (in this case animated shimmering gold for Anointed) and other parts of the model being the tintable portions. If it were completely tintable, maybe it could have some underlying golden animation flowing through it, regardless of tint.

1. The weapons would probably be more ornate versions of their Prime counterparts, with different silhouettes as well, to set them apart. I was thinking with stylized dragons or orokin runes etched into them to set them apart. Whatever fits lore. As far as the syandana I was thinking of based upon the Uru Syandana (used in Tenno Absolution Ceremonies) but more cape-like, possibly even based on the Misa Prime Syandana (used by Temple Guardians) might fit as well.

2. Anointed Aklato and Anointed Dual Skana could certainly be added as well. Not that we can't get Prime versions that do not require their singular versions to be built added in later by DE with a blueprint recipe similar to Fang Prime (with 2 Blades / Barrels and 2 Handles / Stocks to build).

Hi, if I do indeed do some concept art-which I cannot guarantee btw-do you think excalibur should have:

a)extra armor on body?

b)crystalline or mini crystals on some/all regions?

c)different silhouette?

d)slightly different helmet structure?

e)different body pattern?

A few posts in I threw in some inspirations for how the excal would look @ https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/473538-the-anointed-fan-concept-founder-gear-alternatives-rework/?p=5304511

Pretty much a "Yes" to the questions asked.

Adding in crystalline or mini-crystals to the design to make it more ceremonial or regal sounds awesome. I hadn't thought of including that. Good call.